256 replies to this topic

#41 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 16:32

You don't have to create a backerkit account.

Different email on humble won't be a problem. You can connect DFC to your old humble account. When RTG has synced with humble next time, just follow these steps.

1. Go to humblebundle.com and log in with your current account
  2. Use Humble's key resender with the email you used when you backed (not your humble email)
  3. You will receive a mail with a link to the page for DFC, go there
  4. On that page there will be an option to claim the page for the account you're logged in with. Do so.

Thank you. This I understand perfectly and I will do so :)

• Morten likes this

#42 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 12 October 2014 - 22:12

You don't have to create a backerkit account.

Different email on humble won't be a problem. You can connect DFC to your old humble account. When RTG has synced with humble next time, just follow these steps.

1. Go to humblebundle.com and log in with your current account
  2. Use Humble's key resender with the email you used when you backed (not your humble email)
  3. You will receive a mail with a link to the page for DFC, go there
  4. On that page there will be an option to claim the page for the account you're logged in with. Do so.

Thanks for the great and simple explanation, khh!

I took the liberty to add it to the FAQ in the original post of this topic. :)

• wandrew and khh like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#43 Burns Flipper

Burns Flipper

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 14 October 2014 - 23:46

Hi Morten,

Do you have an ETA for the humble sync yet? Will this happen within the next six days?

Thanks!

I put the FUN in funeral!

#44 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:19

It will definitely happen before launch, yes.

We're going to try to do it as soon as we can. Sorry again for the delay and that I can't give you guys more of an estimate right now  :)

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#45 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 13:30

Four days to go ... waiting.

I guess you guys have a lot to do short before the release. I really hope to get my key in time.

#46 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 17 October 2014 - 14:10

Four days to go ... waiting.

I guess you guys have a lot to do short before the release. I really hope to get my key in time.

You will. :)

I recon the update/sync will happen either tomorrow or Sunday. 

• Forwyn and Bruno like this

#47 Moldavia

Moldavia

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationManitoba, Canada

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:55

According to the email I got today I doubt it will even be done before the game is released.  Heck I don't even have any actual confirmation I own the game other than a receipt from paypal.  Absolutely no acknowledgement from the company I even own the game or I will even get a key.  Guess it is a wait and see game I guarantee though if I do not get a key when the game is released I will put a reversal of charge in paypal that is for sure.  I really do not care how close or busy you are before release acknowledgement of a game sale from a company is pretty much mandatory nowadays but this is obviously just my opinion.

#48 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11158 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:04

Hi Moldavia - 

Could you elaborate a little bit about the issue you're having? Did you back via Paypal? How long ago? 

I got the impression that Morten synced the last of the data with Humble earlier today (though maybe I misinterpreted something). Have you tried using the steps in the first post to link your account? 

You should also be able to confirm your status as a backer here.

I'm really sorry you're frustrated! We'll do everything we can to help you sort this out ASAP.

EDIT: Yeah, just to cross post this information from another thread here:

You're correct.
The Key Resender takes an email address, and then sends a mail to this address with a link to all unclaimed purchases made by this email. The page you'll see will have a "Claim"-button, which when clicked will tie the purchase/page to the account.

The Humble sync is underway. Meaning we have sent the data to Humble so that they can add the new purchases since last update up until now. When this is added on their side, everyone should have access to their claim-pages on Humble Bundle. Might even be it's already there, but I will try to get confirmation on that. So if you (Knipple) haven't tried the Key Resender again today, you'd might want to give that a go. :)

EDIT: Just an update: We have gotten confirmation that Humble have received the data, so that means the Humble pages should be ready as soon as they've uploaded it to their servers.  :)

So it looks like if Humble hasn't synced the information yet, it should be happening very very soon.
  • Morten and Tina like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#49 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:39

According to the email I got today I doubt it will even be done before the game is released.  Heck I don't even have any actual confirmation I own the game other than a receipt from paypal.  Absolutely no acknowledgement from the company I even own the game or I will even get a key.  Guess it is a wait and see game I guarantee though if I do not get a key when the game is released I will put a reversal of charge in paypal that is for sure.  I really do not care how close or busy you are before release acknowledgement of a game sale from a company is pretty much mandatory nowadays but this is obviously just my opinion.

I understand that you are angry - I still have not received my key yet (as posted already you have a sort of receipt via backerkit) but I trust the devs and I will start to get angry if they don't deliver in time. Since there still are two to three days left I see no need in complaining ... yet.

#50 Moldavia

Moldavia

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationManitoba, Canada

Posted 19 October 2014 - 14:10

I backed by paypal and their receipt is the only thing I have that confirms I paid someone something for something.  The backerkit shows that I processed a payment but really proves nothing I mean if you think about it what happens if their servers crash and lose all their data (not likely but its principle of the point) then there is nothing.  I just believe an email from the company stating the purchase has been acknowledged would be appropriate not a third party site.  When I clicked on the purchase option and it went to paypal I figured at that point I would get something from RTG not suddenly spun through going all the hoops after the fact. In a way would have just been easier to wait until it went on steam then paid for it.  I mean all this compiling data, sending to this person, syncing to that person then forcing it to your humble account just sounds like it was more work than was necessary lol.

I am not angry as MarkoH01, and not sure how that post even construes as angry because if I was you would clearly know it, but I have particular feelings on the fact when I purchase something I want absolute proof such as an actual email.  Something that I can store on my side and I do not consider paypal receipt as proof of anything it just simply means I sent money to someone for something.  Now I understand this is obviously my opinion and I respect if some people do not agree with it but like everyone else I have a right to my opinion silly as some people might consider it.  I have had purchase problems from new companies in the past and because of such I just simply go by a trusted manner of commerce and that is I want something directly.  I have never even heard of backerkit until this purchase and really probably would have been easier on RTG's part to simply not even have used it.

I have tried recovering my purchase from humble bundle as of this message and still nothing.  Humble, RTG forums, backerkit and paypal are all using the same email address so this is not the problem.  I will continue to wait as I said until release.

Hi Moldavia - 

Could you elaborate a little bit about the issue you're having? Did you back via Paypal? How long ago? 

I got the impression that Morten synced the last of the data with Humble earlier today (though maybe I misinterpreted something). Have you tried using the steps in the first post to link your account? 

You should also be able to confirm your status as a backer here.

I'm really sorry you're frustrated! We'll do everything we can to help you sort this out ASAP.

EDIT: Yeah, just to cross post this information from another thread here:

So it looks like if Humble hasn't synced the information yet, it should be happening very very soon.

#51 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 19 October 2014 - 14:22

I believe the reason for RTG going with BackerKit was that they needed somewhere to organize and keep track of the 22000+ backers who backed the Kickstarter (I believe BackerKit has this "import all Kickstarter backers" option). Then, the paypal "slacker backer" option also had to be put into that BackerKit, to organize it (especially since RTG needs to keep track of who will be recieving physical copies of their game later, and all of the different rewards depending on what pledge tier you bought).

Sure, if you "just" backed to get the digital copy of the game, this probably seems like a bit much (and RTG have also said that BackerKit wasn't as "easy" as they first thought).

I do understand your frustration, and I really hope Humble will sync the information soon. At least RTG have dealt with it now, but if Humble fails to sync it up within a short period of time, it will still reflect badly on RTG. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping everyone gets everything on time. 

• agirlnamedbob likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#52 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11158 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 October 2014 - 14:37

Just to piggy back off of what Tina said: 

To the best of my knowledge, most paypal backers have gotten some sort of email confirmation. I know for some it took a few hours to show up in their inboxes, however. In your case, the email may have gotten stuck somewhere?

I know it's a cliche and you're probably going to hate me for saying it, but have you checked your spam filters? I have at least one other Kickstarter I've backed where about 90% of what they send me ends up in my spam, despite whitelisting them. It's super annoying. 

The whole Backerkit thing was a bit of an issue for the devs as well, so I understand your frustration there. It's a pretty common tool that many Kickstarters use for managing Backer data, but it wasn't allowing RTG to do everything they needed to do, which is part of why there's some confusion. 

If your information is in Backerkit and it is displayed correctly there, then they definitely have your purchase logged. 

If you're very concerned about it, you can always reach out to RTG directly through their Support (at) redthreadgames.com email address. With the crunch time upon us, I'm not sure how quickly they'll respond. Morten has also been checking in semi regularly, so he may be able to shed some additional light on things the next time he does. 

Lastly, as anyone else who was waiting on the great data export tried to link up their Humble yet? That might answer some of the other questions we have. 

Again, totally understand your frustration, Moldavia. Just trying to do everything I can to help!

• Tina likes this

#53 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 14:50

@Moldavia: You post sounded a bit stressed that's why I interpreted you feelings as angry. If I misinterpreted this, I am sorry. I did not mean to offend anyone.

@agirlnamedbob: I received only one mail as a slacker backer with the following text:

"

Dear Dreamfall Chapters backer,

You are receiving this email because you have pledged to the production of Dreamfall Chapters on PayPal.

Everyone here at Red Thread Games would like to thank you for your generosity and support!

Within a few days you will receive an invitation to join BackerKit — our backer management system — where you can manage your pledge, buy add-ons, and keep your personal information up to date.

We will also send you regular updates about the production, and you can follow us on Twitter, Facebook and on our official website for news and information.

May the Balance be with you always,
Red Thread Games"

As you can see it is not really stated what I bought or that I bought anything at all. The next mail was the invite to backerkit and I also received the Kickstarter updates after this. Moldavia is correct if he says that there is no actual confirmation sent out.
And as you asked: I tried to resend key and in the mail I received it is only stated that there are no purchases with this e-mail.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#54 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11158 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 October 2014 - 14:58

Thanks for the info, MarkoH01!

I interpreted Moldovia's post to mean that no confirmation from RTG had been received at all. No backerkit information, no updates, nothing beyond the receipt directly from Paypal. 

And also it's good (albeit it sad) to know that Humble hasn't synced yet. Means we can tell people not to panic quite yet. I don't know how much data they exported, but hopefully Humble processes it ASAP. 

#55 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 19 October 2014 - 18:47

And as you asked: I tried to resend key and in the mail I received it is only stated that there are no purchases with this e-mail.

They're still working on it, it seems.. 

It is not optimal at all, we know that, and would we have known the limitations of BackerKit going in, we would have done something different.

I'm not going to go into detail on the whole array of problems and issues we've had with our distribution cycle, as this is somewhat explained in earlier Kickstarter-updates, and as Tina and agirlnamedbob has stated we're not happy with the distribution cycle either.  

Anyways, to ease your minds I've checked our export and you both (MarkoH01 and Moldavia) are in it. Which means both your payments are processed and put into the system.

I'm sorry, but there's not really anything more we can do from here right now than ensure you that you're both going to receive your rewards on Humble Bundle when they're done processing it.   :)

• toremygg, MarkoH01 and merryawe like this

#56 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3527 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 19 October 2014 - 18:53

Just keep your heads above water, Morten. And the rest of you guys.

Your head. And the rest of the guys each keep their one head above water.

• Bruno likes this

#57 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 19:15

They're still working on it, it seems.. 

It is not optimal at all, we know that, and would we have known the limitations of BackerKit going in, we would have done something different.

I'm not going to go into detail on the whole array of problems and issues we've had with our distribution cycle, as this is somewhat explained in earlier Kickstarter-updates, and as Tina and agirlnamedbob has stated we're not happy with the distribution cycle either.  

Anyways, to ease your minds I've checked our export and you both (MarkoH01 and Moldavia) are in it. Which means both your payments are processed and put into the system.

I'm sorry, but there's not really anything more we can do from here right now than ensure you that you're both going to receive your rewards on Humble Bundle when they're done processing it.   :)

Very kind of you to check specifically if we included in the latest export. I cannot speak for other people but I am a bit calmer now and I think even if something would go wrong you guys would help me soon - that makes it all a lot easier for me. Hey, it is still the 19th here in Germany so there is at least another day time left for humble to set up my account. :)

• Morten likes this

#58 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 19 October 2014 - 19:16

Just keep your heads above water, Morten. And the rest of you guys.

Your head. And the rest of the guys each keep their one head above water.

Martin has just made everyone in the office Irish Coffee though, so I guess we're all kind of sinking already..  :blink:

• Tina and khh like this

#59 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3527 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 19 October 2014 - 19:19

Vat are you zinking about?

• Morten and merryawe like this

#60 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 19 October 2014 - 19:19

Very kind of you to check specifically if we included in the latest export. I cannot speak for other people but I am a bit calmer now and I think even if something would go wrong you guys would help me soon - that makes it all a lot easier for me. Hey, it is still the 19th here in Germany so there is at least another day time left for humble to set up my account. :)

Thanks for being so understanding :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Guide, Backer Badge, Forum Badge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users