Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:17

QFGJ

I still think RTG got the names reversed on the Minstrum and Vestrum badges (I really think the circular staff should indicate Vestrum - c.f. Vestrum Tobias).

Grumblegrumblegrumble...

• wandrew likes this

#24 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:09

Maybe Tobias was too fond of his Minstrum staff that he kept it even when promoted to Vestrum, lol.  ;)

• Riaise likes this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#25 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:08

Maybe he was grumbling about work and said "You can't get the staff these days!" So a well-meaning Minstrum gave him his and he was like oh yeah har-de-har.

It could happen -_-

• Edreamer Jamil, Riaise, toremygg and 2 others like this

#26 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 31 August 2014 - 14:20

More seriously though, I *do* think there's some kind of error here for 2 reasons:

i) The already mentioned circular staff of Vestrum Tobias.

ii) The badge that is currently assigned to Vestrum looks like a slightly altered version of the Istrum badge, while the current Minstrum badge is more differentiated. This depiction makes more sense if the non-circular staff belongs to Minstrum (the "next step" in the hierarchy after Instrum) and the differentiated badge (with the circular staff) belongs to the highest hierarchical tier (Vestrum).

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#27 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 697 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 01 September 2014 - 13:14

I still think RTG got the names reversed on the Minstrum and Vestrum badges (I really think the circular staff should indicate Vestrum - c.f. Vestrum Tobias).

Grumblegrumblegrumble...

Yeah, that bothered me too. :)
  • khh likes this

#28 Adaptive Unconscious

Adaptive Unconscious

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 08 September 2014 - 18:56

I hope the next update for humble goes through soon :) I havent gotten my key yet :/ *sniffle*

#29 Flakes

Flakes

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 19:48

I hope the next update for humble goes through soon :) I havent gotten my key yet :/ *sniffle*

On the other hand it gives me something to check everyday :P

• Morten likes this

#30 Burns Flipper

Burns Flipper

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 29 September 2014 - 00:46

Hi Morten,

Is there a planned date for the next Humble update yet?

Just asking since the release is hopefully just around the corner.

I put the FUN in funeral!

#31 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:06

Hi Morten,

Is there a planned date for the next Humble update yet?

Just asking since the release is hopefully just around the corner.

It's going to happen as soon as possible. I'll make sure to push it to the front list of my priorities and hopefully it'll be updated sometime this week. :)

• CosmicD and Burns Flipper like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#32 Burns Flipper

Burns Flipper

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 29 September 2014 - 23:50

It's going to happen as soon as possible. I'll make sure to push it to the front list of my priorities and hopefully it'll be updated sometime this week. :)

Ta mate.

• Morten likes this

I put the FUN in funeral!

#33 Whispers of Winter

Whispers of Winter

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 19:23

So the date on my pledge order confirmation is 2014-08-27. And still no badge or anything. Seriously, what exactly is so complicated about shoving some data to the Humble store? This is ridiculous.

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities, then they seem less monstrous themselves. (Geralt of Rivia)

#34 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1498 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 09 October 2014 - 22:14

The opening post here says that the last update of information on Humble was on August 21st and that: If you pledged at a date after the latest update, this means that we have not yet exported your pledge information from BackerKit to Humble Bundle and that you will most likely get your rewards in the next update.

I'm sure that another update should be soon, considering the game is coming out in ten days. (this is me speculating, of course, we should be patient and see)

• agirlnamedbob likes this

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

#35 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 October 2014 - 22:19

What Jecica said. I understand that it can be frustrating, but from what I gathered, it does take a fair bit of work for them to aggregate the data and then manually import it all into Humble, and the team has basically been in uber-mega-crunch-time-craziness since Gamescom. Small team, deadline approaching. 

Sorry that you haven't gotten your badge yet. I have to imagine the next batch is going over soon, if for no other reason than RTG said that they are pre-sending keys that will unlock at the release date/time, so in order to do that, they'd need to have all the data synced up. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#36 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 09 October 2014 - 23:14

Also, I suppose they'll wait until they are ready to pre-send (or whatever/however this works), in order to minimize people pledging after that transfer.

That's me speculating, of course, but it's also what I think I would have done if I were in their shoes. 

• CosmicD likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#37 Whispers of Winter

Whispers of Winter

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 00:53

The opening post here says that the last update of information on Humble was on August 21st and that: If you pledged at a date after the latest update, this means that we have not yet exported your pledge information from BackerKit to Humble Bundle and that you will most likely get your rewards in the next update.

I'm sure that another update should be soon, considering the game is coming out in ten days. (this is me speculating, of course, we should be patient and see)

I saw the date of the last update and I know that this is the reason it didn't show up in my Humble library yet. Doesn't make the waiting time more pleasant. And as you said, the game will be out in a couple of days.

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities, then they seem less monstrous themselves. (Geralt of Rivia)

#38 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 October 2014 - 20:34

Just as a notice:

Since we're now closing down the possibility to add pledges through our site, we will be performing a BackerKit -> Humble sync within a couple of days. When done, I will update the original post in this topic of course. :)

Other than that, I'm sorry that it has taken a bit more time than originally estimated since our last sync. :)

• agirlnamedbob, CosmicD, Gezzas and 2 others like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#39 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 15:37

Just as a notice:

Since we're now closing down the possibility to add pledges through our site, we will be performing a BackerKit -> Humble sync within a couple of days. When done, I will update the original post in this topic of course. :)

Other than that, I'm sorry that it has taken a bit more time than originally estimated since our last sync. :)

I have pledged two days ago but with a different e-mail for which I already have a humblebundle account. Is this a problem? Do I HAVE to create a Backerkit account (I received the invitation yesterday) and if yes, do I have to use the e-mail I used to pledge with or the one I have a humblebundle account? I really don't undertand how this whole thing works.

#40 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 October 2014 - 16:03

I have pledged two days ago but with a different e-mail for which I already have a humblebundle account. Is this a problem? Do I HAVE to create a Backerkit account (I received the invitation yesterday) and if yes, do I have to use the e-mail I used to pledge with or the one I have a humblebundle account? I really don't undertand how this whole thing works.

You don't have to create a backerkit account.

Different email on humble won't be a problem. You can connect DFC to your old humble account. When RTG has synced with humble next time, just follow these steps.

1. Go to humblebundle.com and log in with your current account
  2. Use Humble's key resender with the email you used when you backed (not your humble email)
  3. You will receive a mail with a link to the page for DFC, go there
  4. On that page there will be an option to claim the page for the account you're logged in with. Do so.

• wandrew, Tina, agirlnamedbob and 1 other like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Guide, Backer Badge, Forum Badge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users