• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#241 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 December 2015 - 23:15

Yup. That should all be correct. The saves are separate, so there shouldn't be any issues. But, you know... Never a bad idea to back them up before doing something like that, just to  be sure. 

Not sure what OS you're on, but if you do want to back them up, this FAQ should tell you where to find them. :)

• Tina likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#242 raisin

raisin

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:03

I downloaded Books 1-3 from Humble. When will I be able to download Book 4? I don't want to download from Steam. Thanks.

#243 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:06

I downloaded Books 1-3 from Humble. When will I be able to download Book 4? I don't want to download from Steam. Thanks.

Yes. Book 4 should be up on Humble now.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#244 Artem Shitov

Artem Shitov

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 23:43

Hello!

I would be grateful if you were able to help me with my problem. I backed Dreamfall at the Kickstarter, and I was using a lavabit email by then, it was closed about a year ago (see lavabit.com for details), and I cannot get letters there anymore. Can I somehow change the email I was using for my pledge?

#245 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 December 2015 - 00:03

I would be grateful if you were able to help me with my problem. I backed Dreamfall at the Kickstarter, and I was using a lavabit email by then, it was closed about a year ago (see lavabit.com for details), and I cannot get letters there anymore. Can I somehow change the email I was using for my pledge?

Hey, sorry to hear about your troubles. You should send an email to support@redthreadgames.com - I know there have been other people with this kind of problem. Probably best to mention that you're a kickstarter backer who've lost access to your email in the subject. Though they probably won't be able to get back to you before after the holidays. Beyond that all the data has been exported to humble, so they might also be able to help if you contact their support.

If you've already accessed the humble page in the past, the latter would probably get the quickest results.

April Ryan is my friend,

#246 Kegluneq

Kegluneq

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:22

Hello,

I seem to be having the problem outlined on the first page of this FAQ...  I backed the Kickstarter campaign with a $25 pledge, but didn't pay close attention as the laptop I had back then simply wasn't up to scratch.  I've now got a better machine, but I can't seem to access download codes for Humble, Steam or GOG.  I checked the backerkit and it shows my pledge as complete, and that I completed the survey (I've no idea what I said, it was a while ago).  The Humble key resender doesn't show this game though, and I can't work out what else I'm supposed to do.

I emailed support@redthreadgames.com last Sunday but aside from the automated response haven't heard anything new.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

#247 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6153 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:40

First of all, do you have a Humble account that uses your Kickstarter email address?

• khh likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#248 Kegluneq

Kegluneq

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 13:53

First of all, do you have a Humble account that uses your Kickstarter email address?

Yes, it's the same one I use for my GOG account as well.  (Thanks for your quick reply!)

#249 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 05 March 2016 - 15:44

Hello,

I seem to be having the problem outlined on the first page of this FAQ...  I backed the Kickstarter campaign with a $25 pledge, but didn't pay close attention as the laptop I had back then simply wasn't up to scratch.  I've now got a better machine, but I can't seem to access download codes for Humble, Steam or GOG.  I checked the backerkit and it shows my pledge as complete, and that I completed the survey (I've no idea what I said, it was a while ago).  The Humble key resender doesn't show this game though, and I can't work out what else I'm supposed to do.

I emailed support@redthreadgames.com last Sunday but aside from the automated response haven't heard anything new.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Their e-mail support has been dodgy at best. Sending an e-mail to their support e-mail address with the subject line "GOG Key Request" or something similar may get their attention. The only other thing I can think of is to hit them up on twitter, since they seem to check that often.

• Kegluneq likes this

#250 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 March 2016 - 17:49

Yes, it's the same one I use for my GOG account as well.  (Thanks for your quick reply!)

So you can use your email to log onto the backerkit, but that email does not work in the Humble Bundle key resender (or doesn't include DFC, that is to say)? Then definitively a bug must have happened somewhere and it's only RTG that can help you with it (I'm just a mod on the forums, I don't work for them).

Try the backers@redthreadgames.com email address (and make sure the subject is descriptive). If that still doesn't get you a response in a reasonable amount of time you could maybe try and PM Morten.

April Ryan is my friend,

#251 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 05 March 2016 - 18:28

As mentioned, you can either PM me here on the forum or send me an email at morten@redthreadgames.com, and I'll look into it first thing when I get into the office on Monday. ;)

• khh likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#252 Kegluneq

Kegluneq

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 18:56

Thanks for the responses guys!

So you can use your email to log onto the backerkit, but that email does not work in the Humble Bundle key resender (or doesn't include DFC, that is to say)? Then definitively a bug must have happened somewhere and it's only RTG that can help you with it (I'm just a mod on the forums, I don't work for them).

Yes, this is it - I have some other Humble product keys in there, but not this game.

As mentioned, you can either PM me here on the forum or send me an email at morten@redthreadgames.com, and I'll look into it first thing when I get into the office on Monday. ;)

Thanks, email sent! :)

#253 Herb

Herb

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:04

Hey everyone,

I seem to have lost my purchase of DFC on my humble. I remember doing the steps in this post and getting the steam key from humble back in 2014, I even have the email from the resender with the DFC link in it. However, when I check my Humble now and when I use the resender there is not record of DFC and the link from the old email in 2014 is invalid. I've been waiting till Book Five came out so I can finish it all in one go and was just checking my backer details when I realised this has happened. I still have the game installed luckily but I think the backer digital content was linked to Humble?

Any advice?

Cheers.

#254 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:31

Hm. Well, if you already linked the game, then I'm not sure the key resender would work, since it was already linked to your account. It seems really weird that it would just vanish out of your account. I've never heard of that happening. 

But yes, the extra backer rewards are tied to Humble. And if you didn't claim the Steam Key and just installed the game straight from humble, you'd need to install the newest version (once Book Five is released) to be able to play the whole game. 

It sounds like this is an issue on Humble's end. So I would reach out to Humble Bundle's customer service first and see if they can get the situation sorted. Might just be a glitch with your account. 

• Morten and khh like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#255 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2091 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 March 2016 - 21:02

The resender will mail links to everything, claimed or unclaimed (or at least, it did so when I last used it). I have hundreds of bundle games on humble, so my resender list is loooong. But it's alphabetic, if I recall correctly.

Just tried it again now. With my current email address I only get the two I bought after updating the email address. I entered my old email address, and after about 1 hour, I get a list of keys for games named A through T. Maybe the rest will come, eventually. Or not.

But everything is listed, claimed or not (all mine are claimed, but I got my DFC page with the resender). But the mails go to the original purchase email, not your current account email. I guess support may help with that. I still have access to my old email, so it's no biggie for me, just an inconvenience.

Edited by Mr Moo, 14 March 2016 - 21:56.

#256 rusdude

rusdude

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:01

Has the issue with DFC keys disappearing from Humble Bundle been resolved? Just like others, I used to have DFC in my Humble account but not any longer. I have Humble's resender email from November 2014 that lists all of my purchases and provides links -- DFC is on the list but when I click it, I get an error message. I requested a new email from Humble but it now doesn't have DFC.

What should I do?

#257 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:00

Has the issue with DFC keys disappearing from Humble Bundle been resolved? Just like others, I used to have DFC in my Humble account but not any longer. I have Humble's resender email from November 2014 that lists all of my purchases and provides links -- DFC is on the list but when I click it, I get an error message. I requested a new email from Humble but it now doesn't have DFC.

What should I do?

I'd urge you to contact Humble Bundle support directly, as this seems to be an issue with data/functionality on their servers.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and I hope that they are able to resolve the issue quickly. :) 

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Guide, Backer Badge, Forum Badge

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Kitaelia