• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#221 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:10

I could have sworn I'd tried that, and gotten a message saying "You don't have any unclaimed keys". But trying it now, I see that you are absolutely correct. So my bad.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#222 Moebius

Moebius

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:35

I wonder if at least one person with the same problem got a key? Almost a month ago I received the last answer in the form of "I'll let you know once we have any updates for you" and that's all over.

#223 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:08

Yes, some other people with a similar problem have gotten it sorted. I would try emailing support again, if I were you. I'm really sorry it hasn't been sorted yet. 

April Ryan is my friend,

#224 maxgeek

maxgeek

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:52

Did emails actually go out to Kickstarter backers that this game was released?

I just realized this game was out now and I checked my email and the last email I have from you guys is 6/2013! What gives?

#225 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:15

There have been numerous kickstarter updates, and kickstarter will by default send an email for every update. If you haven't gotten those then you've either unsubscibed from updates at the kickstarter site, or your email is marking them as spam.

• Morten likes this

April Ryan is my friend,

#226 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:04

Or your email address has changed since you registered it with Kickstarter.

• Morten likes this

#227 maxgeek

maxgeek

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:08

You depended on the Update emails to deliver your product? Did you ever consider that not everyone wants 70 update emails? It's a digital product, you should have just delivered your product by sending out 1 email out to everyone bought the game, independent of Kickstarter Updates.

#228 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:13

I definitely unsubscribed to the updates. There are 70 of them. Why would I want 70 emails? I just wanted 1 email when the product was released!

That's just the way Kickstarter works. It does not provide users or developers with fine-grained control over what emails people want.

You will have to complain to Kickstarter to get that fixed.

April Ryan is my friend,

#229 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:36

I think maxgeek would have wanted RTG to send out a mail from their own mail account, in addition to the kickstarter updates.

(btw, we moderators are not part of the RTG team, just if there was any misunderstandings about that)
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#230 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:42

I think maxgeek would have wanted RTG to send out a mail from their own mail account, in addition to the kickstarter updates.

(btw, we moderators are not part of the RTG team, just if there was any misunderstandings about that)

Yeah, but when you unsubscribe from updates you're telling RTG "Don't bother me!". If the companies I did that with the proceeded to bother me, I would be annoyed. That's why it would make sense with more fine-grained control, such as "only send me the very important updates".

I just don't see this as a valid criticism, RTG did it the way I think it should work.

April Ryan is my friend,

#231 maxgeek

maxgeek

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 19:25

Don't bother me and don't deliver my product are two different things. It's a digital product, you deliver it by email. I don't get updates from other Kickstarter projects I backed, but I still get shipping confirmations or an email that product is ready to download. You had all my contact information outside of Kickerstarter too as you were able to email me to complete my profile on Backerkit. It would have been real simple just to email everyone the information on how to obtain the game once it was released independent of what platform that funded it by. It's poor management in my book that you overlooked something so simple. I think it's pretty obvious that many people wouldn't want 70 updates about a game that is a year out when they backed it. 

#232 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 27 November 2014 - 20:26

I think most people would want their Kickstarter updates until their game was delivered - and for DF:C that's September / October next year.

• Riaise likes this

#233 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 November 2014 - 21:02

I don't speak for RTG, I'm not an employee, as Tina mentioned. That's just my opinion on the matter.

April Ryan is my friend,

#234 maxgeek

maxgeek

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 23:59

I think most people would want their Kickstarter updates until their game was delivered - and for DF:C that's September / October next year.

I beg to differ, it's not like this is the only game in the world and I need to stay on top of the news about it. Dreamfall Chapters is an episodic game now and the first released in October this year. It would have been nice to get an email that the first part of my purchase is available to download and not have to read 70 emails to know this.

#235 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 November 2014 - 00:16

I'm sorry you're frustrated, maxgeek. I understand that it's annoying to find out that you missed something with a Kickstarter game. It's happened to me several times. When something randomly turns up on your doorstep, it's a nice surprise, but when you find out weeks later that you could have downloaded a thing and missed it, it can be really frustrating. 

It really is a shame that Kickstarter doesn't have a way of opting in for "important emails." RTG does have a mailing list, but they don't currently have anything set up to send out emails to backers outside of either KS updates and then another mass email list to Paypal backers. 

I will say that the Backerkit invite was sent out separately from Kickstarter. I got an invite to join Backerkit directly into my email from Red Thread Games on 12/17/13. Though I think that is because of the mass import of data into Backerkit and not because RTG has a better method of sending out emails at this point. 

I'm not going to disagree that it wouldn't be a bad idea for RTG to consider sending out important updates like that through another method. I'm sure they appreciate the feedback. It is their first Kickstarter, though, and this is definitely a problem that Kickstarters do have sometimes. At least from my experience (as I already said, I've had quite a few where I stopped keeping track of them and then suddenly found out I missed everything). 

Again, sorry you're frustrated, but I hope you've been able to redeem the game now and that you enjoy it. 

• Tina likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#236 Moebius

Moebius

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 20:46

Just today there was time to write a message on the forum. A few days ago received a letter from tech support with a link to Humble. Passed over it, got the key to the game and additional materials, activated in Steam and got the game. Thanks to the team of technical support for the solution to my problem and everyone else for a good game. I wait for the following chapters of game.

PS
In the Steam version of the game, new chapters will be added in the form of a game update or some other way?

#237 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 21:09

PS
In the Steam version of the game, new chapters will be added in the form of a game update or some other way?

Exactly, it will work like that on Steam. All artificial boundaries between episodes are supposedly erased with those updates to eventually form one full game.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#238 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 November 2014 - 21:10

It'll be a game update so it should update automatically.

Glad you finally got the game!

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#239 Daviddyne

Daviddyne

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 22:58

Hi - new here. Was just wondering (not sure if this has already been asked - but couldn't find it) how do you update the game, if you are a backer and you have originally downloaded it from the instructions here? Can you do it with steam/good old games without buying it again? (I have book 1-3 and can't wait to play book 4.) Thanks!

#240 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 December 2015 - 23:08

Hi - new here. Was just wondering (not sure if this has already been asked - but couldn't find it) how do you update the game, if you are a backer and you have originally downloaded it from the instructions here? Can you do it with steam/good old games without buying it again? (I have book 1-3 and can't wait to play book 4.) Thanks!

Hey

Do you mean that you are a backer and have downloaded the game via Humble rather than Steam/GOG? And that you want to play Book 4 but don't want to wait for Humble to upload their version?

If so, you should find a Steam code on the Humble page. You can use that to claim the game on Steam (without buying it again). But you do need to download the entire game via Steam, and install it once more on the computer (and maybe uninstall the Humble version?). I think the saves from the Humble version should still work, but I'll try to dig around a little to be sure (Edit: yes, here is a post from another moderator who said the same thing).

For GOG, it's more difficult, since RTG mailed out codes directly to those who asked for them.

• agirlnamedbob and khh like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Guide, Backer Badge, Forum Badge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users