256 replies to this topic

#1 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:57

Since there's been a few questions about this already in different topics, I thought I'd try to sum the whole process up in one easy-to-use guide:

DISCLAIMER: This only applies to Kickstarter- or "Slacker"-backers that pledged/backed the game prior to its release.

Claiming a your Humble reward page:

1. First of all, you need to have backed Dreamfall: Chapters either on Kickstarter or via the pledge-widgets on our website (Prior to the game release. This is now no longer available).
Once pledged, you will receive an invitation to join Backerkit, where you can modify your pledge and/or account.

2. Use the Key Resender and provide the email you used to pledge. You will then be sent an email with a link to the Dreamfall: Chapters claim-page.

3There should be a "Claim"-button on this page. Log in with your Humble account, or create an account if you don't have one. Once "Claim" is clicked the rewards should be linked to your Humble account

Claiming a Forum Badge:

1. First of all, you need to have backed Dreamfall: Chapters either on Kickstarter or via the pledge-widgets on our website (Prior to the game release. This is now no longer available).
Once pledged, you will receive an invitation to join Backerkit, where you can modify your pledge and/or account.

2. After pledging, you should also have a Humble Bundle account. Using the Key Resender provided by Humble Bundle can be a good idea.

3. Using the Key Resender or logging in to your Humble account normally, you should see Dreamfall: Chapters listed in your purchase library along with the assigned pledge tier.
Click this and you will see all pledge rewards for your tier being listed in a single page.

4. On this page, there's a section used to display your unique Forum Badge License. Click the "Redeem"-button and your should see your license key.
On this step, you might be prompted to verify your Humble-account.

5. Copy this license key, go back to this forum and click your Name in the top right corner. Go to "My Settings" and click the tab named "Backer License Key".
To make it easy, you can use this link. Once there, simple paste the license key you copied and click the "Save Changes"-button.

6. If the key you registered is valid, there will be a green-ish message saying "Settings Saved", and you will be given your forum badge and placed in the correct backer tier.
If the key is not valid, you will see an error message. If so, make sure you pasted the key correctly, and if you're still only getting errors, please contact us.

FAQ:

Q: Will I be able to change my Forum Badge once I've claimed it?
A: No. Unfortunately, right now your pledge tier indicates what kind of badge you will receive and there's no personal customization of forum badges.

Q: Can a get a Forum Badge of a lower tier, just 'cause I don't want to be mainstream?
A: No. Basically because of the same reason as the previous question; a certain badge graphic is tied to the pledge tier.

Q: The tier on the Humble-page displays a different tier than what I pledged. Why? And what should I do?
A: This is most often because your originally pledged tier's digital rewards are the same as the one displayed on the Humble-page.

For instance, I've pledged the $200 tier, but the Humble-page says I have the $150 tier.
This is because the digital rewards for these tiers are the same. The only difference is that the $200 tier contains the Wonkers USB key, which is a physical reward. So, as far as Humble is concerned, the digital rewards are equal.
In BackerKit, however, the pledge will show up as $200, and this is where we get shipping addresses, etc. to send off physical goods. The USB key in this case. 
The forum badges are still presented as "tier groups". Both the $200 and $150 tiers are in the "Dreamer"-group, so the badge graphic for both will be the Dreamer graphic.

However, if there is a significant difference in the originally pledged tier and the one displayed on the Humble-page, please feel free to contact us and we will investigate.
The rewards (physical and digital) can be found on our Kickstarter page (only for pledges during the KS campaign) and on our website's Pledge page.

Q: I have pledged recently, but I still can't see my Humble-page for Dreamfall: Chapters or my Badge License Key. What to do?
A: Because of our focus on developing the game, merging data and updating user databases for both BackerKit and Humble Bundle might take a bit of time.
As we are still also getting new purchases/pledges every now and then, we'd like to try to do this sync/update every one or two weeks in general.
This is certainly not an optimal approach, but it's the way we have to do it right now because of the issues we've had with BackerKit. 
(A list of previous exports to Humble Bundle along with some more information can be found in the next section of this post.)

Q: I'm only getting errors when trying to claim my badge. Help?
A: Make sure the key is entered correctly, and then contact me by e-mail (morten@redthreadgames.com) or by personal message here on the forum.
(PS: Describing the issue or error message when contacting us would make it easier to resolve)

Q: I already have a Humble Bundle account which is registered on a different email address than the one I used to pledge with. Is this a problem?
A: No, this won't be a problem. You can connect the pledge to your existing Humble Bundle account.
Once we have exported the pledge information to Humble, follow these steps: (Thanks to khh for this simple explanation)

• Go to humblebundle.com and log in with your existing account.
  • Use Humble's "Key Resender" with the email address you used to pledge (not the address connected to your Humble Bundle account).
  • You will receive a mail with a link to the Dreamfall: Chapters page on Humble, go there.
  • On this page there will be an option (usually at the top) to claim the page for the account you're already logged in with.

Now your Dreamfall: Chapters page, with all the digital backer rewards, is connected to your existing Humble Bundle account.

Q: What badge corresponds to what tier?
A: Here is a handy list compiled by alx

• badge_journeyman50px.png Journeyman ($5) (252 bakers)
  • badge_istrum50px.png Istrum ($20/$25) (13027 bakers)
  • badge_minstrum50px.png Minstrum ($50) (2878 bakers)
  • badge_vestrum50px.png Vestrum ($75/$110) (3558 bakers)
  • badge_dreamer50px.png Dreamer ($150/$200/$250/$350) (1179 bakers)
  • badge_shifter50px.png Shifter ($500) (497 bakers)
  • badge_drachkin50px.png Drachkin ($750/$1000/$2500/$5000/$7500) (178 bakers)
  • badge_guardian50px.png Guardian ($10000) (3 bakers)

Previous BackerKit-to-Humble Bundle exports:

Since the procedure of adding backers from BackerKit to Humble Bundle is such a pain at the moment and the fact that we are getting a few inquiries from people waiting for their forum badges, we've decided to update here every time we import/export new backers over to Humble Bundle. 
As of now, we've only had one major export which contained all our backers from Kickstarter as well as pledges after the Kickstarter campaign ended. In the future we will try to do these updates approximately every two weeks.

If you pledged at a date before the latest update listed below, this means you are able to log in to Humble Bundle and receive your pledge rewards that are currently available (forum badge, wallpapers, etc.).
If you pledged at a date after the latest update, this means that we have not yet exported your pledge information from BackerKit to Humble Bundle and that you will most likely get your rewards in the next update.

------------------------

• Export #3: October 20th 2014
  • Export #2: August 21st 2014
  • Export #1: April 11th 2014

------------------------

This page has been updated to reflect changes from moving into the final release. There might be some unclear information as of now (Oct. 21st 2014), but will be updated in the future.

Lastly, take note of the in-forum Help Files, a collection of small guides to some features on the forum, found here.

This guide will be updated in the future. Please feel free to ask questions in comments.

• Tina, Jecica, Vainamoinen and 10 others like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#2 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 21:31

Can you tell me who gets the (obviously) Crow badge?

#3 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3523 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 30 June 2014 - 21:35

I don't remember that being attached to a tier. Perhaps it is for people with crow-ning achievements?

#4 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1776 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 30 June 2014 - 21:47

I think that tier got ditched. I forget why. But apparently they already had the badge art worked out, so its still there.

#5 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 21:54

Yeah,it doesn't look like it's one of the tier badges,that's why i'm curious.Crow-ning achievements,huh?Darn!Sounds way too out of my league...

#6 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6098 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 21:57

Had they made the Crow badge one of the tiers, everyone would have picked that tier. So they didn't. ;)

I guess it was part of the original plan to let members switch badges if they like. So people who didn't like "flaunting their contribution around" would just have switched to the Crow badge. That option, it seems, could not be integrated into the forum software yet.
  • Fantasysci5 likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#7 Massamo

Massamo

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 16:45

thanks this helped me get mine

#8 Taragrim

Taragrim

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 13:42

ty for the post.

#9 Bluemana

Bluemana

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 23:59

Hi, so, i used this website to make a pledge on the 1st or 2nd of july, i've gotten my backerkit, but there's still nothing showing up on my humble page under past purchases or anywhere else i've looked. I thought maybe it was behind and would just take a week or something to show up, but now I’m starting to worry that it's just not coming or that my purchase has somehow been missed. 
I’m not worried about the badge itself so much, even though they are really awesome, I’m mostly worried that if my badge purchase isn’t showing up then my game key might not make it to me when it’s released. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks!

p.s. I tried the key resender and my email I used as a backer is my humble e-mail also.

#10 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11145 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:29

Hi Bluemana, 

Just to be clear...When you go to Humblebundle and click on "My Library" in your account, nothing shows up either in the "Claim Past Purchases" bit at the very top of the page (mine has a little toggle arrow at the side that you have to click on to show any claimable purchases) or at the bottom of the library page under "Other Purchases"?

If that's the case and both emails are the same, then you may want to send the Red Thread team an email. Don't contact them through Backerkit.

Just a couple warnings: The team is short handed right now due to summer holiday and so replies may be a liiittle backed up. Also they are experiencing some kinks in their support pipeline that they're in the process of getting sorted before the launch of Book One. So I would recommend maybe trying them at their "support@" (redthredgames.com) email address, and if you don't get a response after a few days, then try their "info@" email address or PM Morten and see if he can tell you the best way to get in touch. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#11 Bluemana

Bluemana

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:55

Yeah, I’ve clicked on the little plus sign but it just expands I tiny bit and says “No unclaimed purchases found.” I don’t see an “other purchases” section but I do see a “Humble Library” section, an “All Your Purchases” section, and a “Bundle Purchases” section. I’ve used humble in the past so these section aren’t quite empty but they don’t have anything from redthread or dreamfall.

Yeah, I figured they must be busy at the moment and maybe that’s why I haven’t gotten it yet, but I think I will send ‘em an e-mail just to be on the safe side. Thanks for the help!

#12 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11145 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:30

Yeah, see, this is what mine looks like:

51acgp.png

Out of curiosity, what happens when you do the key resender thing? I assume you just get nothing? Also, did you change your email in backerkit by any chance?

Just trying to think of random things that might be the issue. I'm not sure how the information got ported over to the Humble Store, so it's possible there's just a glitch and the team will get it sorted out once they realize that there's an issue. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#13 Bluemana

Bluemana

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:27

Yeah, my humble page doesn’t have that section for some reason.

When I use the key re-sender listed here they send me a message saying:

“We received a request to resend your Humble keys. However, we do not have any keys on record for this email address….”

When I use the “Lost key” button on their website, they send me an e-mail with links to the keys for my purchases but Dreamfall isn’t one of them.

I guess the error could also be coming from Humble’s or Backerkit’s side but I think I’ll wait for a response from Redthread before trying to contact anyone else. I’m really not in too big of a hurry as long as it gets fixed before the games released and assuming I still get my backer exclusive content to of course.

Edit:

Oh, and no i haven't change my e-mail since making my backerkit pledge. It's the same one.

#14 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2875 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:36

Hi there, I seem to remember that Ragnar said they register people in batches (because they have to do it manually when "new" people pledge). That reply of his was maybe regarding being added to Backerkit after having pledged through PayPal. But I suppose it is the same with Humble Store. Because I seem to remember that when they first added people to Humble Store, it seemed to be only the Kickstarter people (which are probably easier to export/import) had Chapters there, and the ones who pledged via PayPal (even while the Kickstarter campaign was live) had to wait a bit before they were added to Humble Store.

So I do think this is just due to RTG being short staffed due to vacations, and maybe that "add people in bathes" thing, that they haven't gotten to adding you to Humble Store yet. And as long as you have the Backerkit account, that means you're in the system.

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#15 Shade Metall

Shade Metall

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:59

testing

• wandrew and DiskJunky like this

#16 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 697 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:50

testing

Looks pretty good. :)

#17 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 19 August 2014 - 17:46

Just updated the guide with some more information. 

The update contains more specific information about our BackerKit to Humble Bundle export procedures and why some people have yet to receive some of their pledge rewards.

Please take a look. :)

• agirlnamedbob and Riaise like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#18 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 19 August 2014 - 17:51

Hi, so, i used this website to make a pledge on the 1st or 2nd of july, i've gotten my backerkit, but there's still nothing showing up on my humble page under past purchases or anywhere else i've looked. I thought maybe it was behind and would just take a week or something to show up, but now I’m starting to worry that it's just not coming or that my purchase has somehow been missed. 
I’m not worried about the badge itself so much, even though they are really awesome, I’m mostly worried that if my badge purchase isn’t showing up then my game key might not make it to me when it’s released. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks!

p.s. I tried the key resender and my email I used as a backer is my humble e-mail also.

Yeah, my humble page doesn’t have that section for some reason.

When I use the key re-sender listed here they send me a message saying:

“We received a request to resend your Humble keys. However, we do not have any keys on record for this email address….”

When I use the “Lost key” button on their website, they send me an e-mail with links to the keys for my purchases but Dreamfall isn’t one of them.

I guess the error could also be coming from Humble’s or Backerkit’s side but I think I’ll wait for a response from Redthread before trying to contact anyone else. I’m really not in too big of a hurry as long as it gets fixed before the games released and assuming I still get my backer exclusive content to of course.

Edit:

Oh, and no i haven't change my e-mail since making my backerkit pledge. It's the same one.

I'm very sorry for the late reply (beyond late!), but you guys should probably take a look at the latest update to the original post in this thread.

That said, we're currently working on the next export from BackerKit, so hopefully both of you will get your rewards shortly. :)

#19 Bluemana

Bluemana

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:57

No worries, i got the badge in the end and that's all that matters.

• Tina likes this

#20 DarthDavy

DarthDavy

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 30 August 2014 - 15:05

Is there somewhere a nice overview of the forum badges? They are very nice and I'd like to see all of them on one page.

• King_Graham likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Guide, Backer Badge, Forum Badge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users