#1 blaster

blaster

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • LocationStark

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:10

I'm sure that this was asked many times before though I wasn't able to find a satisfying answer.

I don't care that much of PC version since mine has more than enough to get ultra settings on Unity.

Though I'm quite curious about Mac version of the game. I've recently got MacBook Air (2014) model, mainly for work purposes but I'd be glad if it runs Chapters on the decent settings.

So the configuration of my MBA is Intel Core i5 1.4ghz (it is 2 cores low voltage CPU), 4gb of DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 5000, SSD 128gb.

On which type of settings can I expect a descent frame rate with Antialising turned off?

I know that you probably won't be able to answer for all 5 books since you might move to Unity 5 or make some other engine tweaks.

Let's take for example first 3 books. 

blasted be the balance

#2 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1848 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:32

This has been brought up before, but I dont think they want to nail the spec down as of yet. I figure they will do that when they give a release date for part 1.
So until you get an official answer, i'll have a guess. I would expect the spec for windows/mac/linux to be identical.

I shouldn't think you have much to worry about. That i5 will be more than enough cpu power (an i5 is 4 cores 4 threads). The HD 5000 should see you just fine too. I'll stick my neck out and say you'll be able to play the game on high. At 1080p you might have to keep the AA down abit.

My guess for a minimum spec would be (and has been for a long time):
Any tri-core cpu or an i3, 2gb of ram, anything over an 8800/9800/GTS 512/280M class gpu . Basically think of an xbox 360  but with more ram.

• blaster likes this

#3 blaster

blaster

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • LocationStark

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:46

That is reassuring. Thanks.

But I have two cores, it is the mobile ULV processor 4260U with 2 cores and 4 threads.

Still I can turbo boost it to 2.7 ghz if needed )

blasted be the balance

#4 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1848 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:55

That is reassuring. Thanks.

Its only a guess ;)

it is the mobile ULV processor 4260U with 2 cores and 4 threads.

huh...thats interesting. Looks like they altered the i5 design for this mobile iteration (haswell ?). Hyper threading on mobile i5, cool. I don't really take too much note of mobile cpu's ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mac, MacBook Air, HD 5000, System Settings, Framerate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users