23 replies to this topic

#1 lalaluvia

lalaluvia

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:13

Hey everyone! Last time posting one of these. Sorry for the huge delay! Not only am I in the middle of moving, but my saves got deleted somehow and I had to start all over. Oh well, we're here now!

As usual, should be on GameFAQS in a few days, so long as they don't give me trouble (which they are wont to do).

This one should have a navigation pane on the left when you open it. Please let me know if it isn't working. I probably can't fix it if it isn't, though.

It's been a hell of a ride, hasn't it? I'm going to be digesting these feels for a bit, wow.

Anyway, guide is attached. Hope this is helpful to some <3

Attached Files

• khh, Ceres, Jelena and 3 others like this

#2 Jelena

Jelena

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationKosovska Mitrovica, Kosovo/Serbia

Posted 24 June 2016 - 22:33

Where were the walkthroughs when I played as grown Saga, aarrggh :D I'm kidding, I was stuck a bit though, but eventually I found a way, maybe it's for the best that I figured it out by myself :D These will for sure help the "virgins", though. The ones who have yet to embark the feels train.

It has most definitely been a ride, these feels will stay with me forever. I usually say that I don't know what to do with myself after I finish a game, but after this, I LITERALLY don't know what to do with myself. Besides doing stuff during the day, when I'm on the internet, I am either roaming the forum, googling about everything Zoe and the saga, or thinking about it all the time. I can't let go.

• MisterMetropolis and Mr_Russ like this

#3 lalaluvia

lalaluvia

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 June 2016 - 00:42

Where were the walkthroughs when I played as grown Saga, aarrggh :D I'm kidding, I was stuck a bit though, but eventually I found a way, maybe it's for the best that I figured it out by myself :D These will for sure help the "virgins", though. The ones who have yet to embark the feels train.

It has most definitely been a ride, these feels will stay with me forever. I usually say that I don't know what to do with myself after I finish a game, but after this, I LITERALLY don't know what to do with myself. Besides doing stuff during the day, when I'm on the internet, I am either roaming the forum, googling about everything Zoe and the saga, or thinking about it all the time. I can't let go.

i was NOT prepared for the feels. at all. ugh. absolutely brutal!

so many spoilers i want to mention, but i will refrain. i wanted to cry at one thing in particular, ugh.

• Jelena likes this

#4 Jelena

Jelena

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:22

i was NOT prepared for the feels. at all. ugh. absolutely brutal!

so many spoilers i want to mention, but i will refrain. i wanted to cry at one thing in particular, ugh.

Now I wanna know which part that is  :rolleyes: Can't you put it under the spoiler warning?  :D

#5 lalaluvia

lalaluvia

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 June 2016 - 20:23

Now I wanna know which part that is  :rolleyes: Can't you put it under the spoiler warning?  :D

making me have to read to figure out how to do stuff :P

Spoiler

• MisterMetropolis, Mr_Russ and Jelena like this

#6 Jelena

Jelena

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 16:59

making me have to read to figure out how to do stuff :P

Spoiler

Ah, sorry for the trouble, I just like to exchange the feels with other players. Yes, this part hit me hard, too, I wanted to go inside the game and fuck up the person who did *that*.

Speaking of Syberia (I guess I can mention it, since it's not really spoiling anything here :D ), I came across it many times on the internet when I was looking for recommendations similar to TLJ Saga, but I didn't dare to play it as I've seen some comments saying that it's very slow and boring. Then again, some people found DFC boring due to all the talking and stuff. What was your experience with Syberia (comparing to DFC)? Do you think I should play that game series?

#7 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1563 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 26 June 2016 - 17:54

Syberia is very much an old-school puzzle adventure game, something you'd expect to take weeks over. :)

#8 Jelena

Jelena

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 19:04

Syberia is very much an old-school puzzle adventure game, something you'd expect to take weeks over. :)

Yeah, I figured as much, I was just wondering if it in fact is boring and too slow as some of the comments state :) A game can have complicated puzzles and story, therefore to be slow, without being boring and "too slow", if that makes sense, so that's why I was wondering about this particular game.

#9 lalaluvia

lalaluvia

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 June 2016 - 20:33

Ah, sorry for the trouble, I just like to exchange the feels with other players. Yes, this part hit me hard, too, I wanted to go inside the game and fuck up the person who did *that*.

Speaking of Syberia (I guess I can mention it, since it's not really spoiling anything here :D ), I came across it many times on the internet when I was looking for recommendations similar to TLJ Saga, but I didn't dare to play it as I've seen some comments saying that it's very slow and boring. Then again, some people found DFC boring due to all the talking and stuff. What was your experience with Syberia (comparing to DFC)? Do you think I should play that game series?

Syberia is one of my favorite series, and they're releasing the third in December, FINALLY.

It can be a little slow, but I wouldn't call it too slow. I've replayed multiple times, and it has interesting characters that grow and develop over time.

So basically you play a lawyer, Kate Walker, and she has her life together and friends and a fiance and it seems like a simple case - travel to Voralbad to handle the final contracts for transfer of ownership of an automaton toy factory. She ends up going on a whirlwind adventure that challenges everything she knows and changes who she is and what she wants.

It is EXCELLENT. Seriously.

• Jelena, merryawe and Starseeker like this

#10 Jelena

Jelena

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 21:43

Syberia is one of my favorite series, and they're releasing the third in December, FINALLY.

It can be a little slow, but I wouldn't call it too slow. I've replayed multiple times, and it has interesting characters that grow and develop over time.

So basically you play a lawyer, Kate Walker, and she has her life together and friends and a fiance and it seems like a simple case - travel to Voralbad to handle the final contracts for transfer of ownership of an automaton toy factory. She ends up going on a whirlwind adventure that challenges everything she knows and changes who she is and what she wants.

It is EXCELLENT. Seriously.

Thanks, I will find some time to play it then! :)

#11 lalaluvia

lalaluvia

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 June 2016 - 23:44

Thanks, I will find some time to play it then! :)

you won't regret it, probably. i am biased though XD

if you remember, i'd love to hear what you think of it!

• Jelena likes this

#12 Uniteatteri

Uniteatteri

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 00:24

As you said you didn't replay the lab career, but I did. :)

They omitted the easy but tedious third algae test. Only the first trivial and second ferry one remains.

#13 br305893

br305893

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFairfield, CT, USA

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:31

Thank you!

#14 jfri

jfri

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 21:19

Hey everyone! Last time posting one of these. Sorry for the huge delay! Not only am I in the middle of moving, but my saves got deleted somehow and I had to start all over. Oh well, we're here now!

As usual, should be on GameFAQS in a few days, so long as they don't give me trouble (which they are wont to do).

This one should have a navigation pane on the left when you open it. Please let me know if it isn't working. I probably can't fix it if it isn't, though.

It's been a hell of a ride, hasn't it? I'm going to be digesting these feels for a bit, wow.

Anyway, guide is attached. Hope this is helpful to some <3

Regarding the data theft I don't understand how to talk to Mira via phone. I don't have any phone in my inventory and can't recall finding anyone anywhere.

#15 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 November 2016 - 18:21

Regarding the data theft I don't understand how to talk to Mira via phone. I don't have any phone in my inventory and can't recall finding anyone anywhere.

If I remember correctly, and this is the part of the game I think,
Spoiler

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#16 jfri

jfri

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 18:26

If I remember correctly, and this is the part of the game I think,

Spoiler

I'm not absolutely positive to whether that happened or not. But I seem unable to download any data. What exactly should happen if a successful data download occurs ? I don't see any menu items to select that says download data.

#17 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 November 2016 - 19:06

I'm not absolutely positive to whether that happened or not. But I seem unable to download any data. What exactly should happen if a successful data download occurs ? I don't see any menu items to select that says download data.

You have to find an access point first. The overlay should tell you about how close you are to one. When you've found one, you use it to download the data. Zoë will comment on this.

April Ryan is my friend,

#18 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 November 2016 - 21:42

Have you activated the skull and crossbones icon in your inventory?

#19 jfri

jfri

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 18:10

You have to find an access point first. The overlay should tell you about how close you are to one. When you've found one, you use it to download the data. Zoë will comment on this.

I have downloaded and decrypted and handed over the data now. My goal now says go home when you are ready. But I can't enter my appartment. Don't understand what to do

#20 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:15

I have downloaded and decrypted and handed over the data now. My goal now says go home when you are ready. But I can't enter my appartment. Don't understand what to do

What happens when you attempt to go home? I don't recall that you had to do anything in particular here.

April Ryan is my friend,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users