Photo
- - - - -

System requirements, which graphics card should do?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tensora

Tensora

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:03

Hi, so ive played the game on my own computer with a Nvidia gtx 460 card and the game runs like a charm.

My mother has a slightly less good computer and wants to play the game:

Processor:              intel core i5-3470S 2900MHz LGA1155

Graphics Card:       MSI GeForce 210 1GB Silent (N210-MD1GD3H/LP)

RAM:                      8 GB

So the above are the specs of my mother's computer. I know the graphics card aint no high end stuff but I thought that it would work since recommended specs are 1 GB VRAM for the graphics card.

So I put all the settings to the lowest (i think ive done all i can), but the game still only runs at 2-3 fps. So its kinda unplayable since later parts will be even more demanding.

Why is this? Is there something more I can do to the settings to get it to work?

Otherwise, what would be the cheapest graphics card that the game can run on? Im a little unsure of what to buy since it runs so poorly on the N210 graphics card.

#2 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 17:06

Well, the 210 wasn't really intended for gaming even when it came out, and it's a pre-DirectX 11 card so I'm not surprised it doesn't work. Just looking at the current pricing, a 730 isn't that much more than a 710.  I'm guessing it should work ok--anybody have any experience with it.  

#3 Tensora

Tensora

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 23:10

I actually found a supergreat site called game-debate where you can check all the cards that are playable for Dreamfall Chapters. So I found a GTX 260 today at a great price so ill be testing it in like 15 minutes to see how the game runs : D!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users