Photo
- - - - -

Book 5 Zoe's goals updated, but I can't open them (Spoiler Alert)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Luvmufn

Luvmufn

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:23

HI.  Zoe just awoke in Jiva, and is walking around the facility.  She is trying to avoid the guard, but keeps getting killed.  Her goals have been updated, but I can't open them.  Help!!!

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:02

HI.  Zoe just awoke in Jiva, and is walking around the facility.  She is trying to avoid the guard, but keeps getting killed.  Her goals have been updated, but I can't open them.  Help!!!

You need to escape from the guards. That should get you where you need to go.

I can try to be more specific if you need.

• Luvmufn likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 Luvmufn

Luvmufn

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 21:39

Yes please.  More details.  I've tried escaping from the guards without success.  I've tried all directions, going left in the passage, right in the passage, and turning around to enter the the incubation lab again.  Nothing has worked, and there is no other direction to go.  I have already looked at the incubation pods, and I have already witnessed the slaughter of the scientists in the lab, and the dude in the hallway who's id card Zoe pilfered. 

Thank you again,

Luvmufn

#4 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 June 2016 - 21:49

Okay. I'll just give a string of hints that walk you through this part. Hopefully that'll help. Use as many or as few as you need. And if this doesn't work, lemme know because then we might have a bug on our hands.

Hint 1: 

Spoiler

Hint 2: 

Spoiler

Hint 3: 

Spoiler

Hint 4: 

Spoiler

• Luvmufn likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#5 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 22 June 2016 - 22:05

Its not easy to figure out just were you are but..In my simple way of thinking : from taking the ID card from the body in the hall way:

Spoiler

• Luvmufn likes this

#6 Luvmufn

Luvmufn

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:58

Hmmm....no luck so far.  Still cannot access Zoe's goals.   They are blinking, but nothing happens when I hit G.  I've also tried N for notes, and J for journal.  Nada.  I checked Steam properties for corrupted files, and it came back clear.  What could be causing this issue?  Is there another way to open her goals?  Is my not being able to open Zoe's goals keeping the game from advancing?   Questions, questions, questions....‚ÄčOh...and one more thing.  When do I advance from being a rubber ducky?   

#7 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:09

I don't think being able to open the goals window should prevent you from progressing in the game. (...Confession: About the only time I open the goals window is by accident.) So if that's what's blocking you, it sounds like a bug. We may need you to post an output log at that point. 

Or you could try loading a previous save to see if that clears the issue. 

EDIT: Almost forgot. I don't remember when you move on from Rubber Ducky. Not sure if anyone else does.

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#8 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:37

I believe moving on from Rubber Ducky is possibly at 50 posts. Not 100% certain anymore :)

And with the rest of the things; I agree that it sounds strange that not being able to open the goals should prevent progress, and if it does, then it sounds like a bug. Also strange that it can't be opened though. I usually open and close, to remove the blinking. Haven't had an issue myself (played with controller, though).

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users