• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tensora

Tensora

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:53

So ive played the game on my friend's steam account. But I will want to play through the series atleast one more time but Id like to buy it for my own account probably. Does the old playthrough matter to the new playthrough in some way? Or is it totally fine for me to just buy a new copy for my own account without loosing anything when I play it the second time?

Thanks beforehand!

#2 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:31

If it is a completely separate account it doesn't matter.
Most of the choices do not have significant outcome, except some of the choices in the first level. (The career path)

#3 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:32

Hi Tensora!

Saves from a previous game don't change anything on a second play through. So if you buy your own copy of the game to replay, you're not missing anything. I suppose if you're playing on Steam and you unlocked some achievements, that would be tied to the other account, but other than that each play through is its own self-contained thing. 

Hope that helps! :) 

• khh and Tensora like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#4 Carlos

Carlos

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:13

I'll just add that if you're a fan of Steam achievments, you have to replay the game, or at least significant parts of it, to get them all.

Edit to add: I think the only difference between playing the game the first time and replaying it is that the game knows what books you've already finished and lets you skip the cut scenes in those books.

Chaos! Panic! Disorder! My work is done here!

#5 robertc

robertc

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:57

If it is a completely separate account it doesn't matter.

Actually it does, a little, the save games are not split up according to Steam account.  If, on the same computer and system account, you log in to Steam with a different account, or even use the GOG version, they will use the same set of save files.  Although, as agirlnamedbob says, your separate play throughs do not affect each other, you will still have to manage the save files from both Steam users.

#6 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 June 2016 - 19:34

..game knows what books you've already finished and lets you skip the cut scenes in those books.

Does it really? I am quite sure I've heard several people "complain" about non-skippable cut scenes being annoying when they play through several times (and want to skip them because they know what's happening, and some are quite long).

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users