15 replies to this topic

#1 xdreamer

xdreamer

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 20 June 2016 - 21:47

Did I miss something or am I just a lil dumb? When Lux and the Undreaming merged in Book Five, Zoe spoke a bit about balance being needed in all things i.e. light and dark/dream and undream. But if I recall Book Four correctly, wasn't the Yaga supposed to be the dark that counterbalanced Lux's light? And the Undreaming was the all powerful darkness that had no place in the universe because it sought to unmake everything? Or is that supposed to be referring to Westhouse's intentions? Again, I could have missed something. I need to do another playthrough soon!

#2 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2737 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 June 2016 - 21:56

Lux - Dream (white fire)
Undreaming - Un-Dream (black fire)
Yaga - Nightmare

#3 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 June 2016 - 21:57

Someone suggested in another thread that where the Yaga is the darkness to Lux' light, The Undreaming is destruction/uncreation to Lux-Yaga's creation.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#4 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2737 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 June 2016 - 22:22

Im still with my theory which i got after last replay of Book Four. Yaga said that Lux used soul stone to dream The First Dream. So i think that soul stone contained white fire (dreaming) and black fire (undreaming). Lux merged with both and became The Creator who can create and destroy. At some point black fire was separated from Lux and end in Storytime. I think that it happend when Kin and Sentinel used Tower in Guardian's Realm to reshape The First Dream by creation of twin worlds and new Dream was created. This can explain why Undreaming used Tower in Marcuria to reshpe Dream and unification Stark and Arcadia. I just don't know how/if Undreaming was releated to Lux's will.

Yaga is a nightmare which Lux's Dream needs.

#5 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 22:26

Someone suggested in another thread that where the Yaga is the darkness to Lux' light, The Undreaming is destruction/uncreation to Lux-Yaga's creation.

That makes sense, but I must admit the whole Yaga / Lux / Undreaming thing feels quite convoluted to me. We have Lux merging with Zoe. Yaga merging with Lux. The Undreaming merging with... Zoe and Lux I guess? 

• thelj likes this

#6 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 20 June 2016 - 22:29

I think that was me. I said that Yaga is like a "dark side" or a part  of Lux while  Undreaming is the antagonist to Lux. But... who knows... I wish that Ragnar make a video or something to cover major plotholes even if he leave misteries behind :D

#7 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 20 June 2016 - 22:31

That makes sense, but I must admit the whole Yaga / Lux / Undreaming thing feels quite convoluted to me. We have Lux merging with Zoe. Yaga merging with Lux. The Undreaming merging with... Zoe and Lux I guess? 

Actually I take that scene like Lux talking to Undreaming  using Zöe's body.

#8 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 22:33

Actually I take that scene like Lux talking to Undreaming  using Zöe's body.

That could also work. I think... it's just a bit of mess. It's weird... because when I first played Book 5 I was amazed, it got all the feels right. But the more I actually think about it the less satisfying it becomes.  :(

#9 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2737 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 June 2016 - 22:34

I think that was me. I said that Yaga is like a "dark side" or a part of Lux while Undreaming is the antagonist to Lux. But... who knows... I wish that Ragnar make a video or something to cover major plotholes even if he leave misteries behind :D

I think that Undreaming (black fire) is more like destruction force of Lux while Dreaming (white fire) is creation force of Lux. I believe that when Lux used soul stone, Lux merged with both fires and became a creator and destroyer. But at some point black fire was separated from Lux and end in Storytime.

#10 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 20 June 2016 - 22:39

Im still with my theory which i got after last replay of Book Four. Yaga said that Lux used soul stone to dream The First Dream. So i think that soul stone contained white fire (dreaming) and black fire (undreaming). Lux merged with both and became The Creator who can create and destroy. At some point black fire was separated from Lux and end in Storytime. I think that it happend when Kin and Sentinel used Tower in Guardian's Realm to reshape The First Dream by creation of twin worlds and new Dream was created. This can explain why Undreaming used Tower in Marcuria to reshpe Dream and unification Stark and Arcadia. I just don't know how/if Undreaming was releated to Lux's will.

Yaga is a nightmare which Lux's Dream needs.

For mi view I see Lux and Undreaming as  primal entities who can  travel between realities. Lux clearly says to Undreaming " It's time to go home an dream new dreams".  Then we have the Yaga who was Nox when it was one... Lux and Nox are the same, both gives shape to the world Lux incarnates reason Nox imagination. In fact this game is more about trinity than duality. A balance not have to be a thing only for two 

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#11 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2737 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 June 2016 - 22:49

Two important scenes. At the end Prophet who holds Undreaming said that there is Dreaming and Undreaming. Creation and destruction. And that now its time to end disase Dream. During Lux scene you can see that Dreaming is Lux burns with white fire and Undreaming is Lux burns with black fire. Two sides of one. Dream and Undream. Balance.

Yaga is more like a supporter for Dreaming - a nightmare which Dream needs to exist.

#12 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 20 June 2016 - 23:01

Of course. I agree with you @Pawlo_86  but Dream and Undream seems to be separated entities not Lux burning whith both fires. For me is like twin opposed forces. Dream is a desease for the Undream because  the existance suposses to be separated of the only thing it have. Its not bad just confused. In a way like  God and Darkness in Supernatural series. 

#13 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 20 June 2016 - 23:06

Whit this i just mean... Undream is not bad. If  it was he ignored Lux words and destroy everything. 

#14 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2737 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 June 2016 - 23:14

I think that after use of soul stone Lux was divided into two forces - Dreaming (white fire) and Undreaming (black fire). Two sides of Lux. Its like two sides of Gordon Holloway in TLJ.

#15 Barentity

Barentity

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 23:32

K5szdv8.png

• khh, Ringtail, Pawlo_86 and 1 other like this

#16 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 20 June 2016 - 23:38

K5szdv8.png

I see it like this too. But is all theories until Ragnar or RTG clarifies some plot unanswered. For me all theories are wellcome :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spoiler, lux, undreaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users