• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 AlleyKat76

AlleyKat76

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 00:21

After I finished the last book in the game, I was left with the feeling that there should be more to the story.

For example, how did Kian Alvane become the bloodless king. There was some lose ends, but I really enjoyed the game and I want more!

• Jelena likes this

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 June 2016 - 00:41

There doesn't seem to be any plans to make more games in this series currently, I'm sorry to say. You're certainly not the only one who would wish there could be more, but it's not looking very likely right now.

Have you played the two previous games in this series though? If you haven't, you might consider going back and doing that. They're also very good games.

• Jelena likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 vaiomaniac

vaiomaniac

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBronnoysund, Norway

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:40

There doesn't seem to be any plans to make more games in this series currently, I'm sorry to say. You're certainly not the only one who would wish there could be more, but it's not looking very likely right now.

Have you played the two previous games in this series though? If you haven't, you might consider going back and doing that. They're also very good games.

Yeah the longest journey home seems unlikely too bad we never get a finish to Aprils story, but I hope Redthread succeeds with Draugen and Project Svalbard so maybe just maybe they can revisit Aprils story later on.

• Jelena likes this

#4 AlleyKat76

AlleyKat76

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:55

I've played the first two games, and they were great. That's why I was so excited about Dreamfall Chapters. Maybe in the future we will get more games. I really hope so.

• khh and Jelena like this

#5 Pekka

Pekka

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:49

So do we have any filthy rich billionaires among the fans of TLJ? Such a person could do some good with their money and purchase all the rights to TLJ from FunCom, if that's the biggest obstacle in the way of new games in the series.  :)

• popcorngal, Kahvinarksu and AlleyKat76 like this

"An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur."

- Axel Oxenstierna (1583 - 1654)

#6 Guyra

Guyra

Vestrum Herald

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1720 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:08

I'd happily give RTG several million dollars from my billion dollar fortune to make more TLJ games, but sadly, my billion dollar fortune is imaginary. :P

Chapters concluded the Dreamfall story, so more Dreamfall games will probably never happen. I do hope for more TLJ games though, even though there are currently no plans for any.

• popcorngal, khh, Jelena and 2 others like this

Official Cannon Stroker :: Cookblocked!

bereft-banner.png

#7 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:11

Chapters concluded the Dreamfall story, so more Dreamfall games will probably never happen. I do hope for more TLJ games though, even though there are currently no plans for any.

I did think about making that distinction in my reply as well :P

• Guyra and ct2651 like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#8 Guyra

Guyra

Vestrum Herald

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1720 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:42

I did think about making that distinction in my reply as well :P

Hehehe! xD

• ct2651 likes this

Official Cannon Stroker :: Cookblocked!

bereft-banner.png

#9 Pekka

Pekka

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 June 2016 - 13:30

I'd happily give RTG several million dollars from my billion dollar fortune to make more TLJ games, but sadly, my billion dollar fortune is imaginary. :P

I was already getting excited, until I reached the word  imaginary.  :P

• popcorngal, Guyra, Jelena and 3 others like this

"An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur."

- Axel Oxenstierna (1583 - 1654)

#10 Kahvinarksu

Kahvinarksu

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 20 June 2016 - 14:15

I cannot describe how sad I am that TLJH will probably not happen. April was/is/will be my favorite character. I would certainly donate whatever I could if there were to be a Kickstarter Project for TLJH. Ragnar please hear us dedicated fans. Dedicated TLJ fans since 1999. We want April's story to be concluded. I think I'm going to cry.

• popcorngal, Jelena, Pekka and 2 others like this

#11 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 June 2016 - 14:32

Book Six: Homecoming ;)
  • Kahvinarksu likes this

#12 Kahvinarksu

Kahvinarksu

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 20 June 2016 - 14:43

Book Six: Homecoming ;)

Mmm I like that idea!  B)

#13 Carlos

Carlos

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 20 June 2016 - 15:39

So do we have any filthy rich billionaires among the fans of TLJ? Such a person could do some good with their money and purchase all the rights to TLJ from FunCom, if that's the biggest obstacle in the way of new games in the series.  :)

Oh! Oh! I've got it covered!

ZRj0B3r.jpg

• Jelena, Pekka, ct2651 and 2 others like this

Chaos! Panic! Disorder! My work is done here!

#14 AlleyKat76

AlleyKat76

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 18:35

I like the Idea of giving a donation, even if I am not a millionaire and I would give what I could. I would even be willing to donate some of my Skills as an artist, I majored in graphic design and computer animation in college, or I would be willing to help white new stories for the series. There is so much more that can be done with the story regarding The Longest Journey and Dreamfalls. 

• Jelena likes this

#15 Jelena

Jelena

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationKosovska Mitrovica, Kosovo/Serbia

Posted 21 June 2016 - 00:39

I cannot describe how sad I am that TLJH will probably not happen. April was/is/will be my favorite character. I would certainly donate whatever I could if there were to be a Kickstarter Project for TLJH. Ragnar please hear us dedicated fans. Dedicated TLJ fans since 1999. We want April's story to be concluded. I think I'm going to cry.

I love Zoe instead, but I was hoping for April to be included in DFC. I just hope they'll do something, anything.

• Kahvinarksu and AlleyKat76 like this

#16 Jelena

Jelena

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationKosovska Mitrovica, Kosovo/Serbia

Posted 21 June 2016 - 00:42

I like the Idea of giving a donation, even if I am not a millionaire and I would give what I could. I would even be willing to donate some of my Skills as an artist, I majored in graphic design and computer animation in college, or I would be willing to help white new stories for the series. There is so much more that can be done with the story regarding The Longest Journey and Dreamfalls. 

This is actually a very good idea. I don't know if the makers of the saga would want to continue with this story, and the ending was truly spectacular, but I still want more, like everyone else.

• AlleyKat76 likes this

#17 Lea

Lea

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:52

While at this time it is highly doubtful we will see another TLJ (either as part of April's story or Zoe's). It is still possible down the road. It took 7 years from the time DF was released before DFC started production. And during all those seven years it even looked like DFC would never see the light of day as Funcom continued to push it back for other projects, and when it finally saw the light of day it took Ragnar opening is own development studio and a Kickstarter project to make DFC a reality.

What I am saying is don't count TLJH or any other TLJ game out of the picture. It could be a long time down the road, but they could still happen, even though currently that possibility is extremely unlikely.

• AlleyKat76 likes this

#18 Kahvinarksu

Kahvinarksu

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:16

While at this time it is highly doubtful we will see another TLJ (either as part of April's story or Zoe's). It is still possible down the road. It took 7 years from the time DF was released before DFC started production. And during all those seven years it even looked like DFC would never see the light of day as Funcom continued to push it back for other projects, and when it finally saw the light of day it took Ragnar opening is own development studio and a Kickstarter project to make DFC a reality.

What I am saying is don't count TLJH or any other TLJ game out of the picture. It could be a long time down the road, but they could still happen, even though currently that possibility is extremely unlikely.

I guess I'll be married with children by the time TLJH is considered ahaha
  • Future Markus likes this

#19 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:42

What I don't understand is, why they decided to switch genres altogether. I personally don't like RPG games and I have never played one.I might give this one a chance because RTG, and I am sure that they will deliver a quality product. I also don't like horror games with jump scares. If there is a single jump scare I don't play them. Other than that both games look promising. But why not another adventure game? Creative exhaustion?

#20 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 June 2016 - 13:50

It's not like the people on the team have only ever made adventure games.

Draugen does sound adventure-y. It's just in a different story genre rather than gameplay genre. Gameplay genres are getting more and more muddled these days anyway.

I don't think it's weird at all that they're going to want to make a variety of types of games. And I think it's the opposite of creative exhaustion. I think people on the team have a ton of ideas and they want to pursue them. Some of them are just for different kinds of games.
  • popcorngal, khh, mrKnask and 2 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: KIan Alvane, April Ryan, Zoe Castillo, Saga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users