• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 denial

denial

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 22:51

I've just finished playing. All I can say is thank you for a fantastic experience. It took some time, but what you achieved is no less than a masterpiece to me.

A fantastic story in a beautiful package. I hope you all feel very satisfied and happy with your creation.

Thank you!

Now I'm off to sleep, and dream.
  • Morten, Martin, khh and 15 others like this

#2 blaster

blaster

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • LocationStark

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:19

When something ends, something begins...

I'd like to thank Ragnar and RTG team as well for an incredible work they've done. Its been one hell of a waiting but it was all worth it.

I'm completely satasfied with an ending of the game and the story that feels fully complete at least for me.

Hopefully we will see TLJH at some point in the future and maybe one day any VR games in TLJ uniervse if ofcourse market embraces this tech.

• Guyra, Indrid Cold, LoCortes and 3 others like this

blasted be the balance

#3 mountveggie

mountveggie

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 18:08

I came onto this forum after completing the game, specifically to thank Ragner and the RTG team for finally completing the adventure I've waited almost 2 decades for... and was delighted to see you've (OP - Rubber Ducky) already started a thread for it. :)

I was so overwhelmed after the game's conclusion, I just had to post about it (actually I wish I had written an entire article on it, but that would've taken lots more time).

Instead, I'll just say "Thank you" to RTG for telling what has surely been the longest, and greatest story ever told.

I posted this my Facebook wall just minutes ago, and would like to share it with the community (and hopefully, the RTG team - to let them know how important the conclusion of this game/story has been to me.)

17 years ago, I played a game titled The Longest Journey.

It was a magical tale of science, magic, worlds, and most importantly... the story of a young girl at the centre of it all.

It was the most incredible story I'd ever been immersed it. (And I've been pulled into some truly amazing, imaginary worlds in my lifetime.)

But the story wasn't complete.

One sequel and with what seemed like the world's most painfully intriguing cliffhanger ever, the chapter ended with the promise of a world-changing climax.

A climax that never happened.

Until 2016.

Until Kickstarter. Until over 24,000 people, just like me, people who yearned to step into this truly unique world once again, to see this story to its conclusion, supported one man and his team - in his quest to finish this tale.

And tonight, after 17 years. A journey I stepped into, in 1999, has finally come to its conclusion. And it was, quite breathtaking.

Cheers to possibly the best story ever written, and told.

Through the only medium worthy of telling this extraordinary tale, video games.

Link (feel free to leave comments, if you'd like): https://www.facebook...153473954200683

• Morten, Guyra, Tiago and 5 others like this

#4 Guyra

Guyra

Vestrum Herald

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1720 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 18:18

Thank you so much, RTG! You've done some amazing work, and I love what you've created! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D 

Hopefully we will see TLJH at some point in the future and maybe one day any VR games in TLJ uniervse if ofcourse market embraces this tech.

Ooh, just imagine VR Marcuria! The Temple of the Balance! The cups handler and the maps merchant! The possibilities! xD

• blaster, NeilClaimer and blankh like this

Official Cannon Stroker :: Cookblocked!

bereft-banner.png

#5 Jelena

Jelena

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationKosovska Mitrovica, Kosovo/Serbia

Posted 21 June 2016 - 00:51

I came onto this forum after completing the game, specifically to thank Ragner and the RTG team for finally completing the adventure I've waited almost 2 decades for... and was delighted to see you've (OP - Rubber Ducky) already started a thread for it. :)

I was so overwhelmed after the game's conclusion, I just had to post about it (actually I wish I had written an entire article on it, but that would've taken lots more time).

Instead, I'll just say "Thank you" to RTG for telling what has surely been the longest, and greatest story ever told.

I posted this my Facebook wall just minutes ago, and would like to share it with the community (and hopefully, the RTG team - to let them know how important the conclusion of this game/story has been to me.)

17 years ago, I played a game titled The Longest Journey.

It was a magical tale of science, magic, worlds, and most importantly... the story of a young girl at the centre of it all.

It was the most incredible story I'd ever been immersed it. (And I've been pulled into some truly amazing, imaginary worlds in my lifetime.)

But the story wasn't complete.

One sequel and with what seemed like the world's most painfully intriguing cliffhanger ever, the chapter ended with the promise of a world-changing climax.

A climax that never happened.

Until 2016.

Until Kickstarter. Until over 24,000 people, just like me, people who yearned to step into this truly unique world once again, to see this story to its conclusion, supported one man and his team - in his quest to finish this tale.

And tonight, after 17 years. A journey I stepped into, in 1999, has finally come to its conclusion. And it was, quite breathtaking.

Cheers to possibly the best story ever written, and told.

Through the only medium worthy of telling this extraordinary tale, video games.

Link (feel free to leave comments, if you'd like): https://www.facebook...153473954200683

Your text from facebook made me tear up. I was only 9 years old in 1999. I can only imagine how it would be to wait that long.

• blankh likes this

#6 Jelena

Jelena

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationKosovska Mitrovica, Kosovo/Serbia

Posted 21 June 2016 - 00:54

So much thanks and love to Ragnar and RTD. This truly was a journey.

• blankh likes this

#7 midix

midix

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 17:23

The game is awesome.

"The Dreamfall" movie? Please? ... Please, please, please? :rolleyes: This story is worth sharing with the entire world, not only gamers. I'm ready to be a backer for the movie on Kickstarter. ;)

• mrKnask and blankh like this

#8 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2097 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 18:04

I don't believe we can do a 10 hour movie about it, more like a TV series, but that would cost a lot...

• blankh likes this

#9 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 21 June 2016 - 18:35

I want to sincerely thank Ragnar and the RTG staff for such a wonderful achievement. I know, and others may feel similar, that I had such high excitement and unreasonable expectations about what actually could be achieved with the resources available. I have played through twice now, and on second play I am able to really appreciate and marvel at what you have been able to actually accomplish. It is an amazing game set in an amazing universe. Thank you for completing the story.

• NeilClaimer, blankh and denial like this

#10 xyllian

xyllian

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:52

I'm not used in making long sentences. I just wanted to say that all RTG team did a great job.
So, thank you !
  • blankh likes this

#11 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 15:15

He finished what he started and he did it well. It was an enjoyable game in it's own right. I'm glad I finished it. 
I don't regret purchasing it. I think it's wonderful he saw things through and gave us such a high quality experience. 

I have misgivings about the story across the second two games... but, Chapters had it's heart in the right place and was properly finished.

I'd have to rate it a 7 out of 10, that's not because it was a bad game or not done well, that's just because I was disappointed by the story at the end of Chapters. I would of rated it higher. Personal prejudices aside I would rate the game an 8...

It was worth my time. I was entertained. 

• blankh likes this

#12 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 06 July 2016 - 15:21

I'd have to rate it a 7 out of 10, that's not because it was a bad game or done well, that's just because I was disappointed by the story at the end of Chapters. I would of rated it higher. Personal prejudices aside I would rate the game an 8...

Yeah, I like to look at things from the point of view of the "IMDB rating" and the "Netflix rating". On IMDB, you should rate it based on how well-made you think it is. On Netflix, you should rate it based on how much you liked it so Netflix can do a better job of recommending things to you.

DFC rating: IMDB rating: 10/10, Netflix rating: 4/5.

• yodagreen3, blankh and ct2651 like this

#13 rjdriver

rjdriver

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 00:05

Let me add my thanks, Ragnar and team, for a wonderful ending to a very very long journey.  It has been truly magical right from the the start, and Chapters did not disappoint.  I started chapter 1 and didn't quite get half way through before making the decision to stop and wait until the entire game was out before resuming.  And I am so glad I did.  I am sure others had no problem experiencing it with the gaps in between, but my memory is not what it used to be, so I bit the bullet, avoided all those tempting notices about new chapter releases, and finally had a go at it all at once.  I hope the episodic release method didn't hurt the financial success of the game, although I suspect it probably did.

There are no other game series that have had a hold on me over years like this one has.  You deserve heaps of praise for persevering and bringing the story to a fitting conclusion.  My hat is off to all those who contributed.  I raise a glass to you all.

• blankh likes this

#14 Mythril

Mythril

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 16:02

I guess I'll throw in my thanks here too! Man, this game was long. Finally beat it after "binging" the last 2 and a half books that I hadn't finished yet, over the past few days during my vacation. In any case, definitely a satisfying ending to the journey! I especially enjoyed all the end scenes and how they showed or explained a lot of the things that happened after the end of the story climax. Many other games feel like they end too abruptly.

Still, feeling the kind of "emptiness" I get after finishing story-rich games right now. If you'll excuse me, I think I may need to go and just lay down for a while now.

• blankh likes this

#15 light in darkness

light in darkness

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:49

I'd like to echo everyone's sentiments and thank Ragnar and Red Thread for an incredible game and, what was for me, an intense emotional roller coaster.  I found myself tearing up throughout all five books, but especially toward the end of Book Five.  There were several story threads that I felt were given proper closure.

The ending had me smiling, and it also reminded me of a quote that I think Ragnar had written on his blog way before the Dreamfall Chapters Kickstarter came about: "Mystery is Important."

I really appreciate all the hard work that went into Dreamfall Chapters.  It certainly shows, and then some!

• blankh likes this

#16 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 12 August 2016 - 23:58

The story was great, and it gave me a way to say my goodbyes and played the fifth book several times. It definitely (to me at least) gives closure to the concepts of this whole reality mystery, but also left something open. I almost forgot about the rewards update, and it's better this way that about this time I didn't really bother. Although the "years of the balance" still kinda continue because we have to receive our full physical rewards, audiobooks, storybooks, there's still a lot to look forward. However at the end of the 3d playthought, I felt a weird sense of mourning after book 5, like the reason why I didn't upload my 5th silent playthrough yet was just because I didn't want to face that moment where stuff is final. I emotionally bailed out doing other stuff. Having a theory that is solid in my mind I noticed it was a bit too solid for me and took peace with it. And so I look out now to the ultimate edition, what would be changed, and what the missing pieces are in the tome of the balance, journey's birth/end etc. 

Still lots to look forward to and afterwards lots to cherish.

• blankh likes this

#17 ahr

ahr

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:18

Just wanted to add my appreciation as well, for what it's worth. Having first played TLJ in high school, Dreamfall in college, and now Dreamfall Chapters just after finishing grad school, this story has wound its way through my life in some surprising ways, resonating with me in a way no other game series has. Finishing Book Five brought with it a cascade of emotions, memories, and impressions that I can't easily describe, so I'll just echo the sentiments of others above that it was beautiful to see the game conclude with a profound emotional satisfaction that still preserves a certain sense of mystery remaining.

To Ragnar, the whole team at RTG, and all the other Kickstarter backers: a most heartfelt thank you.

• khh, Indrid Cold, Mr_Russ and 3 others like this

#18 jaggedbubbles

jaggedbubbles

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationRenton, Wa

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:43

I may not be as eloquent as some others here, but I appreciate all that the team at RTG has done to bring DFC to a close. It was a beautiful, wonderful journey. Thank you!

• bongboy and blankh like this

#19 Hassan Bassam

Hassan Bassam

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 23:56

I guess this would be the right place to share this RTG appreciation video with all of you guys:

• Bruno, TheyCallMeTJ, blankh and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users