• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 KTB

KTB

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 19:50

Some other developers with the same issue have said that they've not seen this issue after building with Unity 5.4.

The patch due in October, mentioned in the last Kickstarter update, will most likely be built with Unity 5.4, and we will know then if U5.4 in fact resolves the issue.

However, we cannot be 100% sure, as Unity has not found the cause of the issue themselves and we have never seen the issue in internal testing. Meaning we can't internally reproduce it/verify it being resolved. We'll just have to wait and see.

If the October patch for some reason cannot be released using Unity 5.4, I'll try to push for adding a 5.4 version on the Steam beta branch, so that we can get feedback from players willing to help test if the updated Unity version in fact resolves the issue.

I'm sorry that this is taking so much time, but I'm certain that you guys understand the complexity of this matter. :)

Thanks for your reply Morten. This sounds very promising! I look forward to the patch being released next month which hopefully resolves the issue :-)

• Morten and RuslanTap like this

#42 KTB

KTB

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 21:48

Some other developers with the same issue have said that they've not seen this issue after building with Unity 5.4.

The patch due in October, mentioned in the last Kickstarter update, will most likely be built with Unity 5.4, and we will know then if U5.4 in fact resolves the issue.

However, we cannot be 100% sure, as Unity has not found the cause of the issue themselves and we have never seen the issue in internal testing. Meaning we can't internally reproduce it/verify it being resolved. We'll just have to wait and see.

If the October patch for some reason cannot be released using Unity 5.4, I'll try to push for adding a 5.4 version on the Steam beta branch, so that we can get feedback from players willing to help test if the updated Unity version in fact resolves the issue.

I'm sorry that this is taking so much time, but I'm certain that you guys understand the complexity of this matter. :)

Hi Morten, hope you are having a good week :-) Are you able to advise the approximate release date of the patch due this month?

#43 KTB

KTB

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:23

I have waited over two weeks for a reply. Are there any updates on the above?

#44 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 October 2016 - 15:46

Sorry, KTB. :( I didn't reply last time because I really have no idea. I haven't seen anything to indicate that this has been fixed and I'm assuming the lack of response from RTG is likely a combination of being busy and not having anything to report. October isn't over yet, though, so hopefully that patch is still on the way and there will be more info when it hits. 

• KTB likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#45 KTB

KTB

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:40

Sorry, KTB. :( I didn't reply last time because I really have no idea. I haven't seen anything to indicate that this has been fixed and I'm assuming the lack of response from RTG is likely a combination of being busy and not having anything to report. October isn't over yet, though, so hopefully that patch is still on the way and there will be more info when it hits. 

Thanks for your reply :-) Hopefully that patch is on its way soon.

#46 KTB

KTB

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 20:32

Hi Guys, any news yet on when that patch is coming? Thanks.

#47 dodulito

dodulito

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:13

seems like we will never play this game we bought........no patch! :blink:

#48 KTB

KTB

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:48

It is not looking promising. Even if the patch has been delayed they should inform us of that instead of leaving us waiting here with no information.

#49 KTB

KTB

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:03

Ok I have managed to get past this issue. I upgraded my processor from an AMD-A7 to AMD-A10 and doubled my Ram from 8gb to 16gb. I'm not sure which one worked but all I know is I can now proceed with the game. Cost me about $300 to do though but I was due for an upgrade anyway and I gave up waiting for a patch.

• khh likes this

#50 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 November 2016 - 18:29

Glad you're able to continue, though it's unfortunate that that is what it took.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#51 KTB

KTB

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:58

For anyone that is interested the issue was nothing to do with memory. It was my previous cpu that was not compatible. So it appears this game may not function properly with specific CPU's.

#52 Lea

Lea

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 14:34

I too have solved my problem. I upgraded my OS to Win7, well actually I just installed a second OS I wanted to keep WinXP since Win7 and higher won't play a lot of the older games. But in Win7 the game opens Book 1 with no problems. So this for me was Unity putting the middle finger to RTG and not telling them about Unity no longer working with older OSes, well at the time maybe since RTG have since updated their specs on the game. Used to be DFC had a minimum requirement of WinXP it was why I bought it to begin with. Now it says Win7, so they must have been told at some time. Wish they had said something to me though, I wouldn't have spent months waiting on a patch and hoping it fixed the Unity bug..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users