• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 sornsirisk

sornsirisk

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 17:53

I was playing book 5 and it crashed on the loading screen after the scene that Kian told bip " time to go"

On the desktop it said 

The game crashed

The crash report folder named "2016-06-19_231214" next to game executable.

It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game.

And then I played again and crashed again but i noticed that six digits after the date keep changing from time to time when it crashed

I also tried "verify integrity of game cache" and it doesn't work.

So RTG please help me.

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 June 2016 - 18:03

If you could upload the files in the folder mentioned (if you use the "More Reply Options" you should be able to attach files), that might be helpful in figuring out what the problem might be.

As the error message says the folders should be in the same directory as the games executable files. If you're playing on Steam that is most likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dreamfall Chapters\

• sornsirisk likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 sornsirisk

sornsirisk

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 18:27

Thanks for the reply

I think it should be these two from 231214 and 233916 folders

Attached File  crash.dmp   208.83KB   2 downloads

Attached File  crash.dmp   205.64KB   1 downloads

#4 KatjaKat

KatjaKat

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 23:44

I also had this issue. It happened when April is about to go into the fog with Crow. After he says he's ready. I'll upload more files if it happens again. 

Attached Files

#5 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 June 2016 - 00:01

I also had this issue. It happened when April is about to go into the fog with Crow. After he says he's ready. I'll upload more files if it happens again. 

Yeah, I think this is a problem that the developers will have to take a look at. I can't read the .dmp files, and the logs indicates one of the more generic crashes that are hard to diagnose.

I'll move this thread to the General Support forum, there's not a lot the community can help with here but hopefully it'll be possible to figure out the cause of the crashes.

April Ryan is my friend,

#6 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:30

While we're investigating, it would help a bunch if you could list your system specs. :)

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#7 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:52

That happened to me as well. I only had to restart and everything worked fine (this happened two times at different locations during Book 5). It was a bad place for a crash thought :/

I don't know if it will help, but I'll attach the crashfiles.

My specs: Win 10 64bit, i7-4790s CPU @3.20GHz, 16GB ram,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770.

Attached Files

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#8 sornsirisk

sornsirisk

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 19:07

My specs is Windows 7 64 bit i5-3210M CPU 2.50GHz RAM 8 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 M

#9 KTB

KTB

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:42

I have this exact same problem in the exact same location. Look forward to seeing this resolved quickly.

#10 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 22 June 2016 - 16:40

From what we've gathered so far from reports from other developers and reports we've gotten from players, this looks to be a bug in the Unity engine code itself.

It seems the issue occurs on Windows systems specifically.

The error is that the engine/game is attempting to access an invalid address in memory. 

For some, this is something that occurs once at a random point in the game and after a restart of the game, it's not seen again.

Others are seeing this happening frequently, either at the same or multiple specific points in the game.

We're currently awaiting response from Unity and other developers with potential workarounds or explanations to specifics surrounding the issue.

Please keep the reports coming and we'll hopefully get to the bottom of this soon. :)

EDIT: Some Steam users have reported the issue being fixed after disabling the Steam Overlay. If you're playing through Steam, please try to see if this resolves the issue.

From talking to other developers, we know that the issue can occur on non-Steam games as well, but it might be worth trying if you're on Steam and it's stuck in a loop where the game crashes at the same point every time.

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#11 tybalt_42

tybalt_42

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 21:28

Please see attached crash dumps which occur in Book 5. I've not had any problems loading the game previously, so any assistance appreciated. I'm running a pretty new PC (Win10) and can't imagine it's memory. I'm running the game in Steam and have performed an integrity check.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files

#12 KTB

KTB

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 21:41

Thanks for the suggestions but disabling the steam overlay and changing the settings did not work for me. The crash still occurred in the same location. It does not appear to be a memory issue or CPU issue as both run at no more than 40% during the crash. I hope this gets resolved soon. It is very frustrating not being able to progress past the beginning of the final chapter.

#13 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2091 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 June 2016 - 22:11

KTB: Did you try to verify integrity of game cache? The game would likely crash the same place every time if a file is corrupt.

#14 KTB

KTB

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 00:04

KTB: Did you try to verify integrity of game cache? The game would likely crash the same place every time if a file is corrupt.

Thanks for your advice Mr Moo. Tried verifying the integrity of the game cache as you suggested but did not show up with any errors and the game is still crashing at the same point :-(

#15 dodulito

dodulito

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:05

My game also crashed, but at the screen title....when it happens all is stopped I can't even get out from the game and have to turn my computer off with the power button!!! It worked really fine before. I tried the steam and humble store version so not sure it comes from that.

Here are my specs:

AMD A4-5300 APU with Radeon™ HD GRAPHICS 3.40 GHZ

RAM 6 GO

64 bits

Windows 8

I thought I could play it one day :'(     :o

#16 Lea

Lea

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:34

My game also crashed, but at the screen title....when it happens all is stopped I can't even get out from the game and have to turn my computer off with the power button!!! It worked really fine before. I tried the steam and humble store version so not sure it comes from that.

Here are my specs:

AMD A4-5300 APU with Radeon™ HD GRAPHICS 3.40 GHZ

RAM 6 GO

64 bits

Windows 8

I thought I could play it one day :'(     :o

Check out my thread. I reported my game freezing at the title screen (the A or Space to Start screen). I found a small workaround, I created a new user account on my computer. I ran the game from that new user account, I'm able to bypass the title screen. I think at least for me it appears there is a conflict with one of the background programs since the new user account does not load all the background programs the old one does, I can't figure out which background program it might be though. Even with that workaround I still have issues, my game crashes when trying to load Book 1.

#17 KTB

KTB

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:37

Here are my computer specs if that helps :

AMD A6-6400k APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.9GHZ
8.00 GB Ram - 7 GB usable.
64 bit operating system
Windows 10.

If anyone is able to suggest anything it would be much appreciated :-)

My issue is not loading the game but crashing at a specific point every single time. When Kian is talking to General Hami near the start of the chapter. Although since book 5's release the loading screens and in game setting screens are very slow now also.

#18 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:34

KTB, this also appear to be the same kind of crash as the one Morten mentioned above. I'm sure RTG are working hard on trying to resolve the issue, but it probably requires some help from the Unity developers.

April Ryan is my friend,

#19 KTB

KTB

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:14

KTB, this also appear to be the same kind of crash as the one Morten mentioned above. I'm sure RTG are working hard on trying to resolve the issue, but it probably requires some help from the Unity developers.

Thanks khh, will wait for a solution from RTG.

#20 Ncrdrg

Ncrdrg

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 15:58

If it helps, I got the same issue, I attached the files the crash gave me. Scene went okay the second time though. No idea why.

I have Windows 10 64 bits (Professional Edition), Radeon R9 270X, AMD FX-8320 and 8GB of G.SKILL DDR3 RAM.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users