Photo
- - - - -

Stuck with technical (??) problems

Best Answer Tina , 19 June 2016 - 16:31

This was solved in another thread. Not a technical issue, but issue with changes in Storytime and how to solve puzzles (as old walkthroughs are no longer accurate).

Actual solution: You no longer need the key to solve the puzzle.

Spoiler

So I'll mark this as solved ;)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 perle

perle

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 15:03

Hi,

I haven't found any of my issues in the FAQ section, so maybe someone has heard of them before and can point me in the right direction:

Yesterday I have installed Dreamfall Chapters on my mac, via steam.
Unfortunately I got stuck right away and I don't know if it's a bug. I have read and seen the walkthroughs and this is what I found out goes wrong:
- no falling ghost appears after hospital scene, only the "spirits" interaction window.
- I can use that and walk to the tantacle scene, but there is no key in the picture although I use the torch like the guides describe. So I am stuck in that scene and cannot continue the game.
- I have noticed that I can not make Zoe run, only walk. l shift does not do anything.

I have written to the support already, but maybe I can get help here too.

Many thanks in advance!

#2 perle

perle

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 15:07

Oh and I have already done this, without results:  Verify integrity of game cache

#3 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 19 June 2016 - 15:17

The intro was changed with the update to Book 5, so the "falling ghost" is no longer there.

The tentacle puzzle also seems to be changed. I think I read someone say you'll find the key

Spoiler

• Riaise likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#4 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 June 2016 - 15:17

The first chapter of the game has been redesigned, so the old walkthroughs will be out-of-date and have the wrong information. I haven't played through this section again yet myself, so I can't help with specifics, but I do know that Zoƫ can only run at certain times throughout the game. Sometimes she is restricted to walking, so using left-shift (or the right mouse button) should work later on in the game. :)

Edit: Ninja'd again!

#5 perle

perle

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 15:41

Thank you SO much! That explains a lot.

I have used the flashlight on pretty much the whole room but will keep looking for that key then :-)

#6 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 19 June 2016 - 16:31   Best Answer

This was solved in another thread. Not a technical issue, but issue with changes in Storytime and how to solve puzzles (as old walkthroughs are no longer accurate).

Actual solution: You no longer need the key to solve the puzzle.

Spoiler

So I'll mark this as solved ;)

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users