• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Bunni

Bunni

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:36

Anyone know where I can get every track in the game ever?  I gotta wallow in my feels for about 3 weeks, I need the mood music.

#2 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:39

It's been promised.  I expect we'll hear something about it soon-ish.

#3 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:09

It's been promised.

At tiers 50$+, that is. Blue Bunni probably isn't one of us greenish backer types. :)

But I guess they'll release the rest on bandcamp eventually; they were looking for another venue to release the entire soundtrack in any case.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#4 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 June 2016 - 17:03

Anyone know where I can get every track in the game ever?  I gotta wallow in my feels for about 3 weeks, I need the mood music.

Red Thread Games have stated that the soundtrack will be released soon after the launch of the book, and it should be possible to purchase then. That should contain most of the songs in the game.

Otherwise the Book 1 soundtrack and Dreamfall's soundtrack (of which ones of the songs also feature in DFC) should both available to be listened to on Spotify.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#5 Bunni

Bunni

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 18:15

Good to know, thanks all!  

#6 Carlos

Carlos

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 20 June 2016 - 15:28

At tiers 50$+, that is. Blue Bunni probably isn't one of us greenish backer types. :)

But I guess they'll release the rest on bandcamp eventually; they were looking for another venue to release the entire soundtrack in any case.

IIRC, you also get the complete soundtrack, and an assortment of other goodies, if you buy the "Digital Deluxe Edition", or whatever it's called.

Edit: also, if you have a Apple Music Pass or a Groove Music Pass you'll probably be able to stream/download it too. The OST for the first chapter has been available there for a long time.

Chaos! Panic! Disorder! My work is done here!

#7 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 June 2016 - 16:04

IIRC, you also get the complete soundtrack, and an assortment of other goodies, if you buy the "Digital Deluxe Edition", or whatever it's called.

Just the Book One soundtrack and a smaller selection of goodies. 

• Vainamoinen and khh like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#8 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2097 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:39

well, I'm not sure, but as of today, humble bundle has the ost of the first book, maybe it will have the rest later on?

#9 pegasus21

pegasus21

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:31

It seems like Simon Poole has released a full version of the soundtrack.

https://simonpoole.b...inal-soundtrack

I checked Humble Bundle and it's not there yet. When will the backers who have that as a reward level get it?

• Pawlo_86 and Puggity like this

#10 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 13:04

Info is difficult to come by right now, as most of RTG's team is probably on vacation. :mellow:

/edit: Okay, well, confirmed: Ragnar is in Tokyo. :P

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#11 Puggity

Puggity

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 18:32

I wish I'd backed at a higher level. I didn't know the music was going to be so good!

It seems like Simon Poole has released a full version of the soundtrack.

I checked Humble Bundle and it's not there yet. When will the backers who have that as a reward level get it?

Huh, I wonder when that appeared. It certainly seems to have tracks spanning all five books.

But where is the track with the vocals and the acoustic guitar? I think it plays during the end credits.

#12 merryawe

merryawe

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 July 2016 - 18:59

But where is the track with the vocals and the acoustic guitar? I think it plays during the end credits.

It's not Simon Poole's song, its author is Egil Olsen. 

I'm not sure, but I may have read that it won't be included in the OST.

Spoiler

#13 Puggity

Puggity

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 19:41

It's not Simon Poole's song, its author is Egil Olsen. 

I'm not sure, but I may have read that it won't be included in the OST.

Spoiler

:( :( :(

The composers must have licensed the music rather than been hired to create it, then. I hope he decides to sell it to us. Extracting the files is not impossible, but I would rather buy them.

#14 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 22:10

Not sure if that's entirely legal, but ...

Egil Olsen has, to my knowledge, released most if not all his songs on youtube for everyone to enjoy. There may be other legal problems attached to releasing them on an official DFC soundtrack ...

... but I wouldn't entirely rule out that the backer soundtrack is a little more complete than the one Simon Poole put on bandcamp under his own name. :P

• bongboy, NeilClaimer, Pawlo_86 and 1 other like this

#15 Puggity

Puggity

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 18:24

Not sure if that's entirely legal, but ...

Egil Olsen has, to my knowledge, released most if not all his songs on youtube for everyone to enjoy. There may be other legal problems attached to releasing them on an official DFC soundtrack ...

... but I wouldn't entirely rule out that the backer soundtrack is a little more complete than the one Simon Poole put on bandcamp under his own name. :P

Yes!

Don't Just Say You Love Me Show Me

Singer/Songwriter

Keep Movin

Fallin

I believe that is all of them. It is, according to the wiki, and I was already thinking there were four. Three he performs on the street in Book 1 (DJSYLMSM also plays at the end of the book) and Fallin at the end of Book 5.

• Riaise and NeilClaimer like this

#16 kla622

kla622

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 21:51

There is one more, called Tryin, he also performs it in Book 1, and it appears at the very end of the credits as well. (Well, at least if you watch the credits after the endgame, then you hear Fallin, Don't Just Say You Love Me Show Me and Tryin at the end. If you watch the credits from the menu, then you only hear Don't Just Say You Love Me Show Me.)

Does he sing DJSYLMSM on the streets as well, btw? I only remember it from the credits and from the end of Book 1, but maybe I just never encountered it.

• Puggity likes this

#17 mpegyna

mpegyna

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:01

Pretty embarassing that the full soundtrack is available at

and/or

https://play.google....k_-_Simon_Poole

and not yet to the backers…

• MisterMetropolis and bongboy like this

#18 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2097 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:00

Is it because there is more than one composer for the music?

#19 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 19:03

Pretty embarassing that the full soundtrack is available at

and/or

https://play.google....k_-_Simon_Poole

and not yet to the backers…

I don't think that's the full soundtrack, just the work that Simon did.  But yeah, it would be nice to get an update on those backer rewards.

• bongboy likes this

#20 mpegyna

mpegyna

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 13:23

Is it because there is more than one composer for the music?

Well yes, but that music from Simon Poole is for what game? Pokemon GO?

In TLJ there was some great music for Cafe jukebox. But the album was free for download ages before the sole CD soundtrack with music of TLJ was released. Actually I wish there was more of the jukebox music from Tor Linløkken.

• bongboy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: soundtrack, ost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users