agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:55

[link to Kickstarter]

REDUX is live!

It's finally time.

Book Five: REDUX is now live on Steam and GOG, and "soon" via the Humble Store (no ETA

yet, we're waiting on word from Humble).

There's also a new trailer out, and it's beautiful and emotional…but we're actually going to

recommend waiting until you've played the episode before watching it (and you definitely should

watch it). There are potential (and light) spoilers, and you may want to stay unspoiled.

(Of course, if you don't care about spoilers and just want to get in the mood before playing, you

should watch it right now.)

https://youtu.be/C3-XSI4BPyQ

The fifth and final episode brings the saga to a close. The story is complete, and we can't thank

you enough for your support these past three years. It's meant the world to us. We can't wait to

hear what you think — and, more importantly, how you feel — after the journey's end.

But of course, we're not quite done with Dreamfall Chapters yet. There are rewards to fulfil and

a 'complete edition' (final name TBD) to be made: that's the version we'll stick on discs and

USBs and ship out to backers. But we'll send out another update about the physical (and

remaining digital) rewards before the summer holidays.

Why are you still reading this? REDUX is out! Go download it now, and finish your longest

journey!

Team RTG

P.S. If you've yet to redeem your game key and digital rewards, click this link to find out

how: http://redthreadgame...backer-rewards/

• Chocobo_sage, khh, Indrid Cold and 3 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:56

Finally got on the forum long enough to get this up. 

Sorry for the delay. 

Also, friendly reminder to please keep spoilers out of this thread

Thank you! <3

• khh, Indrid Cold, Yuriko and 2 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3 Laura

Laura

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:58

Just wanted to say thanks to Red Thread Games for working so hard to make a thoroughly entertaining game. 

• agirlnamedbob, Yuriko, Alcarmo and 3 others like this

#4 Aj17

Aj17

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:07

Also just stopping in to give a huge thank you to the entire team, and voice actors. That was one hell of an experience and as someone who came into the series with DTLJ I loved every minute. Can't wait to see whats next for the team

• WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob, Yuriko and 4 others like this

jHevh80.jpg

#5 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3089 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:12

I was going to post this immediately after release but you guys have the worst timing and by the time I could, the forum was down.

RTG, thank you and well done!

You undertook a major task and did it wonderfully. For sure, many people will be disappointed by the game. Perhaps even I will be in the end. But that doesn't erase the fact that you've done an amazing job on it. From the technical aspects alone it would be easy to believe you had a much bigger team working on it but instead it's just a few very talented people. From what I've seen so far of the worldbuilding (obviously missing knowledge of Book 5), it's clear a lot of care has gone into it as well. As far as the story is concerned, you've made sure to complete what was left half-done.

Even if I end up disappointed in the ending, any one of the things I mentioned above is enough to show you're an amazing team and I'm sure others agree. Well done, and thank you, and I'm already looking forward to what you do in the future.
  • WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob, Yuriko and 2 others like this

#6 Alcarmo

Alcarmo

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:14

Yep, no spoilers, right (there will be another place) :)

After unbeliveable 3 hours of downloading the game I finally played it! Started at 1:30 am and ended at 6:30 I guess.... totally emotionally destroyed LOL in a good way, of course!

I would also add my biggest thanks to all RTG team... you really got me, guys :wub: .... in many ways.... and the best thing is that I don't feel it's over - it never will be!

Thank you million times!  :sotb:  :sotb:  :sotb:

• WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob, Yuriko and 3 others like this

"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself." - Vestrum Tobias

#7 Leonard Zelig

Leonard Zelig

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationCologne (Germany)

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:41

I wrote a news about the release of Book Five on a German gaming website:

http://www.gamersglo...-gog-erschienen

#8 artemisofephesus

artemisofephesus

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:02

Wow. After the epicness of the trailer the last book didn't disappoint! Though I feel a bit numb about it all being over now... *sniffles*

This has been a truly incredible and special journey, RTG - thank you so much for your incredible minds and hard work creating this for us all.

• NeilClaimer likes this

#9 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:52

The final release was little failed for me because Win 32 was delayed and released at June 18 03:20 AM and i downloaded it at 05:20 AM. But this longest waiting was worth it.

#10 Claudine

Claudine

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:11

Could someone tell me when it will be avilable in humblebundle.com ?

I'm eager to play it.

• madeofgrays likes this

#11 lars

lars

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLyon, France

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:10

I still have to be patient, waiting for humbleBundle, but wish to express my admiration and congratulations.

Keeping the flame alive since 99, and especially since Dreamfall which will become complete thanks to DFC.

Now I'll keep away from the forum to avoid any hapsake spoilers.

Until I have played DFC fully

:rolleyes:

Used with Steam version                      Used with HumbleBundle version

El Capitain 10.11 beta 4                                       El Capitan 10.11.2

Macbook 12 pouces                                             MacMini 2012

1,2 GHz Intel Core M                                            2,5 GHz Intel Core I5

8Go 1600 MHz DDR                                            16 GO 1600 MHZ DDR3

Resolution 2304 x 1440 SSD                               Resolution 1680 x 1050 SSD 500 Go

Intel Graphics 5300 1536 Mo                               Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 Mo

#12 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3976 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:49

Yay! Hope all are enjoying the game :)

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#13 Shifterdreamer

Shifterdreamer

Arcadia Native

• Forum Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 19 June 2016 - 14:44

I just wanted to say this, even if it sounds cheesy, because I feel I need to: thank you from my heart, RTG team. You worked your a**** off, body and soul, day and night and weekends, for this game. Questions unanswered or not, you closed the Cycle with the masterpiece that is Dreamfall Chapters. I'll be forever grateful that after 10 years of waiting you popped out of nowhere to give us this, to give us hope again. You made this community rebirth. I can imagine the level of psychological weathering and pression this has been for you, specially for Ragnar, and I understand that you may never want to bring the story back again. The fans we always want more, but the process of actually creating it... I can only imagine. If I had to be working on my university thesis for 30 years, no matter how much it meant to me, I'd end up nuts and berserk. So if Chapters was the end, cheers to that end! Now it's time for you to focus on future projets and creating brand new stories that I'm sure will continue taking our breaths away.  :)

• khh, Christoffer Sunrider Grav, Indrid Cold and 7 others like this

I have a dream... The wolf's not here on a sunny day, the wolf's not here, still I sense him...

#14 odizzido

odizzido

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 17:29

Now I just need to wait for the complete edition to come out. I don't know if you guys at RTG will be able to answer, but how long do you expect it to take? Something like 3-5 months or?

• ct2651 likes this

#15 Dreamincolours

Dreamincolours

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 19:59

Just finished playing book 5 (had to take some emotional breaks) and I just really, really wanted to thank everyone at Red Thread Games for this wonderfully created emotional roller coaster ride through The Longest Journey of the Dreamer Cycle.

It's left me amazed, heartbroken, hopeful and filled with joy all at the same time. On top of that, it left me with many more things to keep dreaming about.

Not to mention it gave me the answers I needed to heal me from the trauma caused by Dreamfall's ending.

Despite all the setbacks and negative comments, you've created a little miracle: a story that truely comes alive and touches into your heart and soul.

Also thanks to all the backers, buyers and all those that helped RTG create this wonderful game story.You all helped RTG to make it possible for all of us to enjoy this game.

• Yuriko and llevantades like this

#16 aeonfluxx75

aeonfluxx75

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 June 2016 - 22:17

I plan to play through from beginning to end several times.  I thoroughly enjoyed every minute spent on this entire series.  I feel it was wrapped up beautifully and an overall genuinely satisfying experience.  All my questions were answered and those very few that weren't, I'm good with the mystery remaining...in a way it's like it lives on, keeps it alive.  Thank you RTG for all of the hard work and dedication it took to bring this together.  Truly a fantastic body of work.

• Speak&Spell likes this

I found it I did, a way through the marshes....Orcs don't use it. Orcs don't know it. They go 'round for miles and miles.

#17 Sophia

Sophia

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 22:38

I started from scratch (great new intro BTW and some good cuts later)... Just finished... What a hell of a ride. I'm drained, grateful, happy, sad, tired, satisfied... I can't say more without going into spoilery details so just.... Thank you. Oh boy. What a story!
  • CosmicD and bongboy like this

Latest blog post: s.png?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffeeds.feedburner.

#18 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 19 June 2016 - 22:44

I'm not doing an entire playthrough until the ultimate edition comes out. But I still have to do my book 5 youtube playthrough. Then I need to let everything sink, and look forward to the rewards :)

#19 Ocho

Ocho

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:39

I'm gonna need a self help group. Or... maybe I've just not opened enough wardrobes in strange, un-air conditioned hostels yet. Wardrobes, Defiantly Wardrobes.

#20 dojodom

dojodom

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:09

Thank you very much to make the best Games ever. The longest Journy, Dreamfall and Dreamfall chapters are the best Games I ever played.

I hope The longest Journy home the Game comes out in the Future. Kickstarter and I am one of the first who paid for this Game.

Thanks Thanks Thanks Red Thread Games Team :)

• Pawlo_86 and Speak&Spell like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users