Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:55

Wait, what..

At the ending of Dreamfall (where the line was written in the credits),
wasn't the undreaming very much chained (stuck in- and controlled by some random Stark dude)?

I'm so confused

Am I missing something?

#2 ethteck

ethteck

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:17

"chained" could mean one with Lux, so it's basically saying the undreaming has been separated from its home. But I was a little confused about that as well.

• SimonCle likes this

#3 Tamahome

Tamahome

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:24

I think unchained simply meant released from Storytime to fulfil its purpose. Perhaps the wording was chosen specifically to make it seem evil, and now we know that was not the case.

#4 SimonCle

SimonCle

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:26

"chained" could mean one with Lux, so it's basically saying the undreaming has been separated from its home. But I was a little confused about that as well.

Oh, so unchained from it's whole, and therefore out of balance. That interpretation makes a lot of sense thematically.

Edit: added quote

• ethteck and Mr Moo like this

#5 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 January 2019 - 16:44

I think that "The Undreaming is unchained" reffers to the events in Dreamfall Chapters. Westhouse was always supposed to kill Klacks (you will got your reward Klacks,I promise) and unleash Undreaming. Undreaming is unchained from its prison - The Soul Stone. The monks in the prologue of Dreamfall also spoke about this event - "The undreaming will be unleashed and it will...".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users