379 replies to this topic

#41 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 20:07

Omg. The music is so beautiful. I loved how the teaser was also all just scenes from previous trailers, as if going back through the whole game and saying "this is where it all ends". Now in Unity 5 of course. How beautiful.

• NeilClaimer, Pawlo_86 and Igelwelt like this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#42 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 June 2016 - 20:07

Well, funny thing is...our original release date was today. And we're pretty much done. But for a variety of reasons (which I won't get into here) we had to wait until next Friday. We're going to put the extra week to good use, however, by doing extra testing and bug fixing, and adding a few things we didn't think we had time for.

There's also that whole "four previous episodes that have to be re-tested, in case anything broke" thing, so yeah, it's probably for the best that we were forced to wait. Things always break.

Not saying this is Tina's fault, of course.

Also not saying this is NOT Tina's fault.

No problem Man! I don't care about delay. First time. I can't stop crying after Book Five teaser. I'm waiting for June 17. Replay of Dreamfall + DFC 1-4 will start in Monday.

#43 Tamahome

Tamahome

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 20:14

So... when it says The Longest Journey Ends, are we referring to Dreamfall The Longest Journey.... or The Longest Journey?  B) Seriously struggling to cope with the thought that this is really it!

Nevertheless, a good teaser and the music is superb. Looking forward to this immensely. :)

• jlddodger, darkshuria, Crowboy and 1 other like this

#44 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 20:22

Can't wait for next week. Trailer has all the feels. I do have one tiny annoying questions though: will Emma and the scroll collecting be in next week's version? Personally I can wait longer for that stuff, but next week's version probably is the one that most people will play.  :)

#45 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 20:26

So... when it says The Longest Journey Ends, are we referring to Dreamfall The Longest Journey.... or The Longest Journey?  B) Seriously struggling to cope with the thought that this is really it!

It isn't the end of the saga, of course.

If you look up what Chapters 13 of both TLJ and Dreamfall were named, however... if RTG picks up the tradition...

The Longest Journey ends because Dreamfall Chapters ends with The Longest Journey. Again. :P

• Tamahome, Igelwelt and Mystic like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#46 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 20:30

Oh wow, I just cried.There's no avoiding the feels for this one. It's been a long time coming...

That was beautiful. I don't want it to be over, but all good things must come to an end, everything has a beginning from some other beginnings end. It's the natural way of things. But, this series leaves a lot behind. I still play the first game, even though it came out over 10 years ago. It's still one of my favorite games. I think the series will go on to be popular. I'm always sharing the game with people I associate with... ( I don't have many friends, so acquaintances really...) 

This is likely to be the most bittersweet gaming experience of my life. 

I can't wait for the special features, production diary... I want to know all that went into this project. I've been invested into this project since the beginning, following it as much as I could. It's been enlightening into the process of game design, to see all the challenges and to see the team endure so much throughout the process. I had no idea that such dedication and passion was involved in game design as this project has revealed.

And, I've never seen any artist, creator of a project more passionate than Ragnar has shown to be...

It's bittersweet, and I'm not sure I'm completely ready to close the book. I hope that they leave it open at the end, give us something to dream about...TLJ to me has always been an open book, it's always made me think, it's expanded my horizons... No matter how many times I play through it, finish it, start to finish... the story has remained opened to me. My heart and mind has never closed itself from TLJ storyline. 

I just want to show my support, love and appreciation. 

Great job RTG, you've exceeded my expectations and given us all something we'll love and cherish for years to come. 
<3 Thank you so much, and thanks for the powerful trailer, I couldn't have imagined anything better. 

• Vainamoinen, Ceres, Clairobscur and 5 others like this

#47 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 09 June 2016 - 20:31

I'm flying to Spain on the 15th.

I guess I should thank RTG for saving me a portion of my roaming data allowances as I'll be hiding from this forum until I get back (23rd) and finish book 5 ;)

• Chocobo_sage, WorldsReunited, Vainamoinen and 2 others like this

#48 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3980 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 09 June 2016 - 20:35

I'll likely be in a cave somewhere for a while myself Jamil. ;)
But on the 15th i'll be a videogaming zombie. Lol
  • Edreamer Jamil and Igelwelt like this

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#49 TalkingOak

TalkingOak

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7371 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Fields We Know

Posted 09 June 2016 - 20:44

Ah thank you RTG for waiting until after my PhD annual review (on the 13th) :D Means I have time to calm down after my grilling by the review panel too. :)

• Igelwelt likes this
The Talking Oak
aka. Ben
~-~

Twitter - Steam - GOG - Blog - Instagram - Good Reads

#50 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 20:45

My emotions are such a mess right now.

• Ceres, yodagreen3 and Igelwelt like this

#51 Guyra

Guyra

Vestrum Herald

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1720 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 20:46

Really looking forward to this, though I really hope it's only the end of the Dreamfall saga, not TLJ in general!

• Ceres, darkshuria, yodagreen3 and 2 others like this

Official Cannon Stroker :: Cookblocked!

bereft-banner.png

#52 darkshuria

darkshuria

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 20:47

I should wait for the French translation, but I look forward to. We can have several saves at the same time? I would like to resume everything since Dreamfall: the Longest Journey then the entire Dreamfall Chapters and only having finished my current part ...
The ambiguity of her "ends of tea longest journey" hurts me. I always hope for TLJH and for other projects in this universe.

• yodagreen3 and Igelwelt like this

#53 Ceres

Ceres

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationIsland of Ge'en

Posted 09 June 2016 - 20:49

I cried when I watched the trailer, too.  Every time I watched it.  The beautiful music, and the beautiful memories, were wonderfully woven together as only RTG can do it ... The result was 1 minute and 54 seconds of true magic.  And lots and lots of tears. 

• darkshuria, yodagreen3, Pawlo_86 and 1 other like this

"That life, even when difficult and painful, is a gift.  That love is priceless, and rare, and precious.  That every good action, every good thought, counts."   ~  Charlie  

#54 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 June 2016 - 21:03

The start of teaser is set in HoAW for sure. On April paiting pucture you can see reflection of fireplace in Lady Alvane's room.
  • darkshuria, yodagreen3, Mr Moo and 2 others like this

#55 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 09 June 2016 - 21:10

I'm really not a happy camper right now. It's not a good idea to release a game on a Friday because if there turns out to be a big bug, it won't be fixed until the following Monday. Also, June 17 is also the day the fourth season of Orange is the New Black will be released. All I took away from the trailer was, "We're definitely not making TLJH, so this is the end of the series!"

On a side note, April's journey begins a few hours after my time of birth on my 230th birthday, and book 5 will be released on my father's 73rd birthday. I don't know if any of that means anything, but it's certainly odd.

• Mr Moo and Mystic like this

#56 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2091 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 June 2016 - 21:24

ARGH crap, Gabriel is IN THE LAB. Let's hope he just broke in. :) :)

Though dead guard there is a good sign. Find her, save her, Mr. Castillo!

ANTICIPATIONNNNN

There are several possibilities, but in all likelihood Gabriel isn't a bad guy. He may have been working there for years though, to keep close to her. He is wearing typical corporate work attire - and even lacquered shoes, not something you're likely to put on for a deliberate search and rescue operation.

My guess:

Gabriel works there, and is nearby before whatever happens, does happen, because he never veers far from her location.

Zoe breaks out, somehow disables guard and ends up unconscious. Gabriel rushes in to either save her and escape, or put her back in her cell.

If he was a bad guy, he would probably call for security instead of picking her up on his own. So if he puts her back in her cell, he knows he can't get her out on his own, and does this to save her.

Best option would be if Zoe wakes up - and may facilitate her escape by her own means, or if Gabriel has some helpers with him.

• Vainamoinen, yodagreen3 and Igelwelt like this

#57 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 June 2016 - 21:26

I think that lab is in Mombai and Helena and Gabriel are using Zoe to save The Dream. Zoe will be new The First Dreamer.
  • MisterMetropolis, CosmicD, Mr Moo and 3 others like this

#58 Toffy

Toffy

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 21:55

Oh all those sweet pictures and memories from The Longest Journey and Dreamfall TLJ... It's so bittersweet and beautiful and brings so many emotions and tears. 

It's so sad to see this amazing, incredible story end, but I am also so so so excited.

And god, the last 5 seconds of the trailer. I screamed!

• Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited, yodagreen3 and 2 others like this

#59 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 21:59

<3 

It's nice to be able to share this with so many of you who feel the same way. I bet Ragnar feels the same mixed emotions that we all do.  :)

• aeonfluxx75, Igelwelt and Toffy like this

#60 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 22:04

I think that lab is in Mombai and Helena and Gabriel are using Zoe to save The Dream. Zoe will be new The First Dreamer.

What Chang did in Dreamfall makes her pretty unsalvageable as a character, so I'm not sure they could pull it off that way. But let's see. Maybe I can't help myself getting a positive vibe off her if she is, in fact, voiced by Keiko Agena. Would be very difficult otherwise though. :P

• WorldsReunited, Igelwelt and lilliangish like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: release date, redux, book five, book 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users