10 replies to this topic

#1 Usagi

Usagi

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 22:11

Hi all !

So while we are all waiting for Book 5 (YaaY !!), I liked to post this thread to pass some time :)

Since I followed the prophet with April, and I have been wondering who he might be ? The only thing April said was that his hand is burned.

So my first suspect was Blind Bob ! This guys is a suspicion magnet, he looks perfectly dump, yet seems to know a lot of things .. not to mention sudden disappearings, having Abnaxus's house key, and getting his sight back all from nowhere ..

But since he is dead now (or doesn't he ?), my fingers started pointing to some other people we did not hear from for a while now (more than 16 years !) : the dragons, Jacob McAllen .. and guess who, (plot-twist) : Cortez ! It just feels like a waste for them to disappear from the story just like that for this long, and never come back again, right ?

There is a final suspect, well not really .. but Crazy Clara also disappeared suddenly, and while she is definitely not the prophet, I thought she might be in a suspicious alliance with Blind Bob ! Also did you notice that her initials are CC and Blind Bob's are BB ? Now that looks suspicious, right ? maybe they are brother and sister ! Hahaha seems I am really bored :D

So what do you think :) ? Can we expect a dragon reunion in Book 5 ;) ?

#2 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2737 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:41

Dragon was a vilian in TLJ so i don't think so that Kin is also a vilian in Dreamfall. The vilian is someone who made a pact with Undreaming and became avatar of Undreaming. Thief Of Dreams. But im pretty sure that Dragons are releated to the Dreamfall plot and there will be something Kin releated in Book Five.

#3 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 03 June 2016 - 13:14

If I correctly recall, around the time of the Kickstarter, it was teased that Cortez will return in DFC. He hasn't yet made an appearance, so unless this plan has changed, he will appear in book 5. Is he still alive or will it be a flashback? We'll see.

• Pawlo_86 and Usagi like this

#4 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 03 June 2016 - 13:21

I don't think Cortez would be a strategic choice

1) he's a hero to April and he sacrificed himself for her

2) newcomers don't really know Cortez the Red at all. Even people that might have started with DF:TLJ

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#5 Usagi

Usagi

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 13:53

Dragon was a vilian in TLJ so i don't think so that Kin is also a vilian in Dreamfall. The vilian is someone who made a pact with Undreaming and became avatar of Undreaming. Thief Of Dreams. But im pretty sure that Dragons are releated to the Dreamfall plot and there will be something Kin releated in Book Five.

I think the main suspect is Westhouse, he saw the Undreaming and was there when the White Kin was screaming in DF TLJ. He also was drawn with "the shadow inside him" in one of Saga's pictures.

But the other Kin (McAllen) was a villain, with a lot of resources .. so he might be involved with WATI.

I don't think Cortez would be a strategic choice

1) he's a hero to April and he sacrificed himself for her

2) newcomers don't really know Cortez the Red at all. Even people that might have started with DF:TLJ

You got a point .. still, as far as I remember, the Blue Kin said something about a reunion of the four dragons on earth, on a day when they will return to where they came from or something .

• Pawlo_86 and the red of the kin like this

#6 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2737 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 June 2016 - 14:00

I think the main suspect is Westhouse, he saw the Undreaming and was there when the White Kin was screaming in DF TLJ. He also was drawn with "the shadow inside him" in one of Saga's pictures

Brian Westhouse or Roper Klacks. One of them is Prophet and another one is big red herring. This puzzle will be finally fully resolved in Book Five. Prophet will be revealed!

#7 Vanya-illin

Vanya-illin

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 June 2016 - 17:58

So my first suspect was Blind Bob ! This guys is a suspicion magnet, he looks perfectly dump, yet seems to know a lot of things .. not to mention sudden disappearings, having Abnaxus's house key, and getting his sight back all from nowhere ..

<nitpick> Bob was never blind. Remember that he was properly called 'Theoretically-Blind Bob', but that didn't scan so well for a beggar. </nitpick>

#8 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 03 June 2016 - 18:51

.. still, as far as I remember, the Blue Kin said something about a reunion of the four dragons on earth, on a day when they will return to where they came from or something .

That might happen...but my guess is it would be a TLJ:Home thing...

...we'll see. I think we're in for a surprise with book 5

• Usagi likes this

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#9 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 03 June 2016 - 19:26

It could very well be that the Prophet becomes a focal point not only for the Dreamer and the Undreaming, but also the other primary participants in the original Divide.

#10 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2737 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:33

I think that Prophet is Roper Klacks consumed by Black Fire (Un-Dream). He is Wizard of Lies and Thief Of Dreams. He wants to reshape/destroy The Dream. He enslaved Yehte. I don't believe in the story about Wandering God which he told during The Fingerlings. I think that he used power of Black Fire to escape calculator. Its possible that he arranged his arrest to access Tower.

#11 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:37

Its possible that he arranged his arrest to access Tower.

It's also possible that he just assumed it would happen. Donald Trump Onor Hilleriss is a simple, ignorant, reactionary right-wing lunatic. It would be exceptionally easy to predict and manipulate his behavior.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: prophet, dragon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users