• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#141 Sophia

Sophia

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:42

Yeah agree, though I'm sort of hoping book 5 is not one long series of dialogues to "explain things". But as you said, we'll see... and I have faith it will be a good finish :)

Latest blog post: s.png?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffeeds.feedburner.

#142 Hellegennes

Hellegennes

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationGreece, Thessaloniki

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:54

I'm 100 % sure that the main reason for TLJH not happening is that Ragnar has no desire to create it. He clearly wants a break from this universe (for good?).

To be honest, I'd prefer if Ragnar's desire to distance himself from this universe is as final and everlasting as Mike Oldfield's desire to never return to Tubular Bells.

#143 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:42

That's a LOT of territory to cover in one remaining book... I'm not saying it couldn't happen and I sure hope it will happen, but boy... that's a mean feat to pull off. Even if they leave out any details, we're talking about giving some explanations about the First Dreamer, the Balance, Saga, Lady Alvane, Zoe, Kian, April, Waticorp, the Vanguard, the House of All Worlds, Stark, Arcadia, Reza who is not Reza, the Dragons' roles in all this, Brian Westhouse, the Undreaming, Roper Klax, the Azadi, the Goddess, the Prophet and not to forget the all important role of Crow who we just heard is not at all the simple crow we all thought he was.

If Ragnar & team can manage to wrap all that up in one or two remaining chapters, they will have my undying respect... oh wait... they already have that :D *sigh* is it next week yet???

There is also the whole weird deal with the politics in Stark, mystery towers in Propast, the steam machines, Fried Falkman, Whomever is behind Miss Gilmore from Dreamfall, the attack on White, the dark people...

• MisterMetropolis, Crowboy and Sophia like this

#144 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:42

@red it's not about how many backers will fund it.

I'm pretty sure they can get funded pretty easily if they were to issue a new kickstarter (They'll have to fulfill all rewards for this one first though)

I'd definitely pay to back TLJH and I think most forum dwellers here as well. I think it could reach the same KS total of chapters and even surpass it.

The thing is that:

1. The team is tired from the very hard work

2. The license for the TLJ universe belongs to FunCom and not RTG. They want to build their own world.

3. RTG want to do something clean without anyone having previous expectations or emotional connection to characters.

4. Ragnar said that they want to avoid KS again if they can.

5. and so on and so forth.

Hulk sad! :(

Point 3 has me puzzled. I've seen couple of shots of Draugen ...it's probably not my cup of tea.

But then I've never been into horror/survival games (DOOM/Quake excluded of course).

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#145 dreamer_04

dreamer_04

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:09

The news of no TLJH makes me very sad. Yes, it was previously known the chances were slim, but this looks like as hard a confirmation as we're going to get. I understand RTG and Ragnar's rationale - the Kickstarter and development with the RTG team beholden to all these fans has probably been very exhausting. And lots of artists often take breaks from their most popular works and worlds, like J K Rowling did with the Cormoran Strike novels, to see how they would fare with something different. And yet, it hits me personally, because TLJ and April's story both there and in Dreamfall affected me deeply and resonated with my state of mind at the time. But yes, if they manage to explain everything, there may be no need for TLJH... but wanting and needing are two very different things. Looking forward to it.

#146 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:35

But yes, if they manage to explain everything, there may be no need for TLJH...

If they answered all the questions, there would indeed not be a need for – and the possibility of – The Longest Journey Home (or a respective FunCom produced sequel). Ragnar's tweets rather explicitly leave that option open. For a reason. :)

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#147 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:03

In a good story, there are never answers to every single question the audience may have. Some things have to be left to fantasy.
I am quite positive that DFC will end in closure but not with a "now let me explain all the things in detail"(like a bond villain) scene.
  • khh and DeerHunter like this

#148 dreamer_04

dreamer_04

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:12

Oh, I don't mean answers to everything. As I said, it has more to do with simply wanting more of this world and of April, not necessarily with plot payoffs. 

#149 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:31

Point 3 has me puzzled. 

Not sure if that's what you mean, but it's the same as every sequel or reboot. the original fans have expectations and many bitch about every small detail.

You have to be super careful not to break the original story's continuity, and have to match up everyone's expectations (which sometimes contradict BTW)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, kickstarter update, update 97, redux, release date

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users