#781 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 23 August 2014 - 16:58

oo not realizing that I would actually get the wonkers key also :).

#782 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 23 August 2014 - 17:28

I have a question about rewards too. Does every following reward include everything from previous one or not? Well, for example, do Digital Dreamer and Wonkers the Watilla USB Editions include boxed DVD copy? Or DVD is only for Boxed Journeyman Edition? And only USB, Draic Kin and Benefactor of Marcuria Editioins include Wonkers USB key? I have read through all the 'pledge' page, but it seems like it has some mistakes (for example, mysterious $250 tier :) ) so I decided to ask about it here. Please update that page if I'm right.

And will there be a tracking number for every package? What would you do if someones package is lost/stuck somewhere on the post?

Thanks in advance.

I realized that the reward spreadsheet does not include "boxed version of the game", so I wanted to point out that the Digital Dreamer and Wonkers USB editions does not include boxed DVD copy.

Digital Dreamer gives you all the digital stuff but not anything physical (except for the postcard, it seems). And the USB tier also doesn't include anything more physical than the USB (and postcard).

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#783 sithlord2

sithlord2

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:34

What happens if, for example, the first and second chapter do not sell as well as intended? Will that mean that the other episodes will be cancelled, and we will be stuck with an unfinished story?

#784 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:40

Hello Sith,

we don't need to worry about that. Even rather bad sales would still mean that Chapters will get finished. There could be a negative influence on content of episodes though:

http://redthreadgame...e-14#entry15531

However, with all the recent press coverage (both positive as well as negative, both raise the awareness level), and with the PS4 release already announced, I wouldn't worry about sales too much. I don't like episodic releases, not at all, but financially, they're highly effective.

• Edreamer Jamil and khh like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#785 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:05

You're getting "soft", Vainamoinen.  ;)

Soon you'll be singing praises to Steam, lol.

In all seriousness though, what V (and Ragnar) said is 100% accurate. First of all, people will only be able to buy a "Season Pass", which means all 5 episodes upfront. Thus failing to deliver on what is already *bought* would be beyond disastrous (in addition to the Kickstarter "fallout"), so there's no way in hell RTG would allow that to happen. But there's very little reason to worry of something like that occuring (as likely as a meteor hitting downtown Oslo, I'd say), since -as with everything else- things are never "black and white" or "yes or no", but there's a whole lot between the two edges. Atrociously bad sales *would* negatively affect the sidestories and the extra content put into the last episodes (which would be a shame), but the main story WILL be delivered as planned.

• wandrew, khh, trentjaspar and 1 other like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#786 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:20

You're getting "soft", Vainamoinen.  ;)
Soon you'll be singing praises to Steam, lol.

Your impression just means that my rhetoric gets a little less abrasive. :D

Spoiler

Soon you'll be singing praises to Steam, lol.

Hey, there are some great people at Valve.

Spoiler

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#787 sithlord2

sithlord2

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:34

Hi Vainamoinen,

Thanks for clearing that up :)

#788 Dreamshock

Dreamshock

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 22:18

I understand that this might be the only way to bring the game to its best quality. If there's still a way to pledge more, I would gladly do so if it means the developer can make the best game possible.

• Edreamer Jamil and khh like this

#789 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:19

I'm certain you can still upgrade your pledge to a higher tier*, if you so wish, but contact RTG to ask them how exactly to do this (or ask here in the forum and other backers that did so can inform you how it's done. I haven't personally kept track of that procedure as I'm at my upper pledge limit already)

*of the tiers that are still available of course, see here for a list of them.

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#790 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 711 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 14:02

Provided it hasn't sold out. I wanted to upgrade, and the Kickstarter page still showed it as available, but it must have sold out through PayPal, etc., as I was told I couldn't. :(

#791 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 14:07

According to Valiah in the FAQ thread, contacting RTG is, at the time, the only way of upgrading your pledge.

I guess that RTG would have nothing at all against letting those donations continue as previously, but technical problems may prevent this. I don't think that they have actually purposefully locked fan contributions down. :wacko:

#792 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 31 August 2014 - 16:39

If BackerKit hasn't locked you out, that's another route.

#793 Dreamshock

Dreamshock

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 19:26

I've decided to stay with my current pledge. I'm happy with my contribution and I'm glad this game is finally happening. I'm very excited.

#794 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 31 August 2014 - 19:42

Another excellent way to contribue a little bit more: when the game's out, buy copies of it as gifts to friends that you know would enjoy it. I plan to do so myself.

#795 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 20:04

And STILL I keep reading the thread title as "A massage from Ragnar".

• WorldsReunited and NeilClaimer like this

#796 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 31 August 2014 - 20:07

That's the $50K tier

• NeilClaimer likes this

#797 Koveras

Koveras

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 August 2014 - 20:08

Which tier was that? :D

EDIT: Ninja'd.

#798 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 31 August 2014 - 20:10

LOl, oh never mind. This joke may have started off ninja'd but I'm sure it'll have a happy ending. Aye thang you, try the veal.

#799 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 31 August 2014 - 21:43

According to Valiah in the FAQ thread, contacting RTG is, at the time, the only way of upgrading your pledge.

I guess that RTG would have nothing at all against letting those donations continue as previously, but technical problems may prevent this. I don't think that they have actually purposefully locked fan contributions down. :wacko:

Oh, it's complicated because BackerKit.

Lots of accounts have been locked down because that was the only way for us to progress with the backer rewards. It may be possible for us to unlock individual accounts, depending on what's been charged and what hasn't. I don't have anything to do with that process, so I'm spectacularly unhelpful here, but people can send an email to support@redthreadgames.com and if it's possible, I'm sure it'll be done.

#800 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 31 August 2014 - 21:43

I do give GREAT massages.

• wandrew, Tina, WorldsReunited and 3 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Ragnar Tørnquist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users