#41 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:37

Yep, we plan to! And if you don't mind waiting, I'd probably recommend holding off until we've made all the changes we're going to make to the console version(s) – which we're bringing back to the desktop versions, of course.

Without promising anything yet (we need to sit down and plan this properly) this will hopefully include updated art, some new character models, optimisations, more music, more sound-effects, surround-sound support, gameplay tweaks and fixes, general bug fixes, and story-and-dialogue edits to tighten the pacing a bit. We're also planning to make some cuts...but nothing major, and all of it to improve flow.

You also mentioned getting rid of the books and making it one long, fluid game. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume that this will be implemented in the "complete" version of the game, and when book 5 is released, the book structure of the game will still be intact, and will include an updated version of book 1.

#42 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:59

I for one am waiting patiently until the whole game comes together, even if the galaxy is torn by a black hole by then.

As I understand it they're trying to create one @ CERN, so you just wait and see :D

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#43 Dagget

Dagget

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:21

But yes, lots of cast scheduling issues this time around. We've been extraordinarily lucky with previous episodes, but this time... Gods. From finding out a lead actor would be in South Africa for a month, to losing contact with some of our key American actors due to a tragic accident, to our London based studio being fully booked for weeks on end...it's been a bit of a nightmare.

So for some voices you let Cory find and fill the spots and no documentation left on those individuals?

#44 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2253 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:27

Amazing rendition of Saga...can't wait to see her in Book 5!!

#45 Alcarmo

Alcarmo

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:50

"I was waiting for so long, I am waiting for so long, I will be waiting for so long....anyplace, anywhere, anytime... and time is a circle."

just my Abnaxus-moment :)

Thanks for the update, RTG!

I don't know how about you guys but I am willing to wait as long as it takes ;)

May the Balance be with you...always

• popcorngal and yodagreen3 like this

"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself." - Vestrum Tobias

#46 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3980 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:50

I'm mildly excited by some mention of the console version!! :D
  • Mr Moo and NeilClaimer like this

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#47 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 15:45

I'm sad now. I didn't know that Jory passed away. 

:wacko: 

I'm so sorry for the loss. RTG has been through so much with this project. They learned so much, come so far...and I can only imagine how much they've done for one another, supported one another, how close they've come together.

This is a very beautiful and inspiring project and team... I think I want to go cry now. 

I feel ashamed for any one who says anything profoundly negative about this project, and team. They've put everything into this project, really invested their hearts and souls. They've accomplished so much in such little time, and have had to face so many challenges, even the over coming the loss of a good friend...

But he's no doubt still there in spirit... 

:(

Keep reaching for the stars, we know you'll get there. I'm not worried if you don't do it all at once, the way down may look great to many... but we know better that RTG has been given wings and no delay on the way upward is great. You'll soar and reach the stars. 

RIP man, you looked like a great guy. 
Making a game doesn't look like easy work. 

• Morten, MisterMetropolis, NeilClaimer and 1 other like this

#48 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 16 May 2016 - 17:35

We are never doing episodic again. We are never doing a game with this many actors again. We will never try to make six hours of narrative-driven cinematic gameplay with forty thousand spoken words every three months (and failing miserably) ever again.

Good learning experience, though! And you know what they say about 'never'...

It looks like you. personally, have been on "the longest journey of your life".

#49 tummy ooh aah

tummy ooh aah

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 May 2016 - 17:55

Spoiler

• Ringtail, Riaise and NeilClaimer like this

#50 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3089 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 18:00

Spoiler

Spoiler

#51 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2419 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 May 2016 - 18:02

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Edreamer Jamil and Indrid Cold like this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#52 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3089 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 18:21

Wow... I'd only noticed the first picture on that page! I didn't know there were more! :o

• Tina and Bruno like this

#53 shadakul

shadakul

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 19:11

Thanks so much for the update! :D I will do my best to reign in my impatience, because I know it will be worth the wait! 

• CosmicD and yodagreen3 like this

#54 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 May 2016 - 20:19

Spoiler

#55 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 16 May 2016 - 22:31

You also mentioned getting rid of the books and making it one long, fluid game. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume that this will be implemented in the "complete" version of the game, and when book 5 is released, the book structure of the game will still be intact, and will include an updated version of book 1.

Well, the division into books is a fundamental part of the game's structure – what I meant was that we won't send players back to the menu screen between every book; rather, the game will automatically continue and it'll feel like one, big, complete game rather than an episodic one. Whether this will be done for Book Five or not, I'm not sure.

• yodagreen3, bongboy, NeilClaimer and 1 other like this

#56 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 16 May 2016 - 22:59

Well, the division into books is a fundamental part of the game's structure – what I meant was that we won't send players back to the menu screen between every book; rather, the game will automatically continue and it'll feel like one, big, complete game rather than an episodic one. Whether this will be done for Book Five or not, I'm not sure.

Ahh. That makes sense. Will it kind of be like in The Evil Within, where at the end of a chapter (or in the case of DFC a book), a menu pops up that asks you if you want to continue or go to the main menu? Or will the next book automatically start? The reason I ask is because I assume that we will still be reminded of our choices at the end of each book, so as long as those screens pop up anyway, you'd might as well make it so that on the final screen informing you of your choices in the book, you can press enter or space to continue to the next book or ESC to go back to the main menu. It would be nice to have the option to end your session at the end of a book so that when you resume play at a later time, the next book would automatically start. Also, I assume all the credits will be kept for the end of book 5 instead of playing after each book.

#57 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 May 2016 - 23:44

Imho the choices screen between books should be optional,
and I think it would work perfectly well if the game is structured only by chapters.
I also liked being able to turn off the small C&C notifications.
It felt so much more natural to see the story unfold not knowing exactly what is a consequence of my choices
for me it made the C&C more fun and more immersive.
I would opt out of the choices screens between books if I have the chance. 

• NeilClaimer likes this

#58 BummsGeordy

BummsGeordy

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:23

actually - I am pretty sad, that this journey will end eventually :(

I hope, that the audio book (Journeys Birth) will still happen - because spent some extra money specifically for this...

#59 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:48

I feel ashamed for any one who says anything profoundly negative about this project, and team. 

I feel very bad for them too. But I don't feel the urge to share it with others. Why do you?

#60 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:53

On the concept picture by Christoffer, here

This is very odd...yesterday the 3D model had her hair exactly like the picture. Today it doesn't...it's missing the front tresses.

EDIT: shadows of tresses remain...maybe it's an Nvidia thing. @ home I have the 780 (no tress) @ work I have the...790 I think (tress)

EDIT2: here below you can see the polys are there but some are not rendered by my videocard °_°

whatsgoingon.png

EDIT 3: A-HAAAA! It is an issue with thre video card

saga_ok.png

There's also more lighting effects :)

• TalkingOak likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users