Photo
- - - - -

Book 3 crash after putting drawings in order

bug recurring crash

Best Answer Lynnea , 09 May 2016 - 17:50

Well the file check said nothing was wrong but it randomly worked this time. The only difference is that I didn't mess up the picture order a couple times. idk why but in my head I am apparently falsely remembering getting crow AFTER visiting Westhouse so I kept accidentally doing that. This time I got the pictures right immediately and it loaded into the next section just fine.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lynnea

Lynnea

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 15:40

Right after putting the drawings in order the game crashes on the next loading screen every time.

Attached Files

#2 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 09 May 2016 - 17:03

From the error logs you attached it seems that the game encounter an access violation when trying to read from memory.

After quick inspection of the logs attached, the amount of memory in use, the paging file and the memory location reported (00113ffc) seems to be valid (a location like 00000000 generally means that there is a lost/empty reference somewhere, which is not the case here).

These issues are often hard to track down, because it's generally not possible/hard to reproduce by anyone else, and it seems that in this specific case the error happens pretty far down in some system library.

First off I would suggest some of the more basic approaches:
- Verify File Integrity through Steam: Right click the game in Steam library, select Properties, select the Local Files tab in the popup window and run the checker by clicking "Verify Integrity of Game Cache".

- Update graphics driver, if possible.

- Load an earlier savegame and play to the same point to see if that makes any difference.

Looking forward to hearing any result you get, or not, with any of these approaches. :)

• khh likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#3 Lynnea

Lynnea

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 17:32

Thank you. I'll try doing that right now.

#4 Lynnea

Lynnea

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 17:39

Also, completely unorthodox, I know, but I'm massively in love with Scandinavia, so if you have a decent view outside of your office or wherever you are right now, could you post a pic? ^^; It'll give me something to do, too, while steam verifies the files.

#5 Lynnea

Lynnea

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 17:50   Best Answer

Well the file check said nothing was wrong but it randomly worked this time. The only difference is that I didn't mess up the picture order a couple times. idk why but in my head I am apparently falsely remembering getting crow AFTER visiting Westhouse so I kept accidentally doing that. This time I got the pictures right immediately and it loaded into the next section just fine.

• bongboy likes this

#6 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 10 May 2016 - 00:09

You're actually remembering correctly. This topic has been discussed at length, and we've come to the conclusion that it's Ragnar's memory that's wrong here, not ours. Saga mentions that it's a picture of April and Crow becoming friends, and this happens after the first time you visit Brian.

#7 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:22

Hmm.. Good to hear it worked for you, though getting them in the "wrong" order shouldn't make the game crash. :/
Don't know if it's possible to reproduce on our end, but I'll try. Thanks again for your report, and I hope you enjoy the rest of the game :)

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#8 bezrodnyigor

bezrodnyigor

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:06

This is exactly what happened to me. I messed up the few cards, got them right on the second try and the game crashed. Second time I placed them right on the first try and it loaded without problem.
So I got back and tried again, just to check if I'm able to reproduce the issue - and I did, the game crashed again after I did some mistakes.

I'm using current GOG version.

#9 xyllian

xyllian

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 13:29

I had exactly the same issue. Game worked perfect after reloading last saved game. Looks like a tricky memory issue.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, recurring crash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users