• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Naty

Naty

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 16:49

I can't uninstall the game,the following message appears: C:\ PROGRA~2\ COMMON~1\ INSTAL~1\ engine\6\ INTEL3~1\ Ctor.dll<UNINSTALL_CMD> 

Could not find the specified module

SOMEONE!!! PLS RESPOND!!!

#2 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 15 April 2016 - 20:40

Did you try to uninstall the game using the uninstall shortcut in the start menu folder or did you try to uninstall it using the "uninstall a program" feature in control panel? Also, which version of Windows are you running and which version of The Longest Journey are you trying to uninstall (the 4-CD version, 2-CD version or 1-DVD version)?

#3 Naty

Naty

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 21:25

I tried to uninstall it using the " uninstall a program " feature in control panel and It is 1-DVD-version. I'm using windows 10

#4 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 23:15

I'm running Windows 7, and I'm unfamiliar with Windows 10. Perhaps someone else would be better able to help you. All I can suggest is to run the "Uninstall The Longest Journey" shortcut in the start menu folder.

#5 Carlos

Carlos

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 15 April 2016 - 23:23

Well, my guess is that the installer/uninstaller software isn't compatible with Windows 10.

I know that the Steam version of the game does work mostly fine in Windows 10, but the install and uninstall parts are handled by Steam itself, and that is very much compatible with Windows 10.

You could try something like IOBit Uninstaller, but beware actually ending up installing other unnecessary stuff.

• Bruno likes this

Chaos! Panic! Disorder! My work is done here!

#6 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 00:12

Well, my guess is that the installer/uninstaller software isn't compatible with Windows 10.

I know that the Steam version of the game does work mostly fine in Windows 10, but the install and uninstall parts are handled by Steam itself, and that is very much compatible with Windows 10.

You could try something like IOBit Uninstaller, but beware actually ending up installing other unnecessary stuff.

Naty mentioned using the 1-DVD version, not the Steam version. Perhaps the only way to uninstall it is through the start menu shortcut. I'm not sure. I have that version of the game, but I'm running it on Windows 7 and I've never tried to uninstall it.

#7 Carlos

Carlos

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:28

Naty mentioned using the 1-DVD version, not the Steam version. Perhaps the only way to uninstall it is through the start menu shortcut. I'm not sure. I have that version of the game, but I'm running it on Windows 7 and I've never tried to uninstall it.

That's my point precisely. I have the Steam version, and that version doesn't have an installer so it works fine.

The DVD version, on the other hand does have one, and that's the part that doesn't seem to work, at least not when uninstalling the game.

Oh, and another thing to try: launch the installer from the DVD. It's possible that the installer will detect that the game is already installed and offers an option to uninstall it.

Chaos! Panic! Disorder! My work is done here!

#8 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 April 2016 - 20:26

A) If you search your C:\ drive, do you find ctor.dll somewhere?

B) If you search the dvd, is ctor.dll there somewhere?

ctor.dll is part of the installshield program, which was used to install the game. For some reason the file isn't found by the uninstaller, there could be many reasons why.

If you enter C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1 into file explorer, do you get an error message, or does the contents of this folder list? Which files are there?

If you can't locate the dll on your hard disk or dvd, then you may try using the Revo Uninstaller Freeware

http://www.revounins...e_download.html

#9 Naty

Naty

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 18:09

I'm running Windows 7, and I'm unfamiliar with Windows 10. Perhaps someone else would be better able to help you. All I can suggest is to run the "Uninstall The Longest Journey" shortcut in the start menu folder.

It goes automatically to the control panel

#10 Naty

Naty

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 18:15

ctor.dll is part of the installshield program, which was used to install the game. For some reason the file isn't found by the uninstaller, there could be many reasons why.

If you enter C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1 into file explorer, do you get an error message, or does the contents of this folder list? Which files are there?

If you can't locate the dll on your hard disk or dvd, then you may try using the Revo Uninstaller Freeware

When I type C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1  into file explorer,nothing appears

#11 Naty

Naty

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 18:15

Tried already,It didn't work

#12 The Rainbow Kin

The Rainbow Kin

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOslo

Posted 19 April 2016 - 20:07

Just delete the game folder and %appdata%\the longest journey\ ? I don't think the game really creates a lot of stray DLL's and other mess around, so unless you are getting itcvy over having it still listed in the add/remove programs, I'd just do that if you need to reclaim the disk space.

• khh likes this

#13 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1848 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 19 April 2016 - 22:56

Just delete the game folder and %appdata%\the longest journey\ ? I don't think the game really creates a lot of stray DLL's and other mess around, so unless you are getting itcvy over having it still listed in the add/remove programs, I'd just do that if you need to reclaim the disk space.

this

..then just use a cleaning tool like ccleaner or whatever, that will clean up the registry and the installed programs list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users