Fritjof - Heimdall

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 June 2014 - 15:01

Hey RTG!

I'd like some.. information about a little perdicament I have stumbled across.

I have helped Kickstart a game called "Son of Nor" and their Beta access goes first through the Humblebundle site.

I got instructions of how to get the game and when I got email confirmation and got the link to activate on Steam but there was also (Have not clicked on it yet) Dreamfall Chapters (Tier 500+) it says.. I have not done anything about that link but supposedly it is for a CDkey.

I do not know how to really proceed with this but I thought to try to contact RTG first to see how we are to resolve this. I mean I don't want to accidentally pre-download the demo or getting a key in advance and be branded a hack or something or whatever you have on the humblebundle site.

So suggestions would be nice.

Thanks.

Dream Traveller - Shifter - Salty Seaman patron - Smithy - MIA - Viking - Pirate - Foodie - GAM3R - Proud Dreamfall: Chapters Backer!

"If life was a pie then it would be easy and good, but life is not a pie, so we eat random food and lose ourselves in the sea of food. How can we then find our way in life if we can't even choose what to eat?"

#2 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 25 June 2014 - 15:24

Hope I got this right:

You mean that you got an email link from HumbleBundle to activate "Son of Nor", and as well it has Dreamfall: Chapters listed in it?

If this is the case, that's probably just how HumbleBundle does these things.

Every HumbleBundle user has their own "Claim" page, listing all products that you've purchased that is distributed through their service. So what I'm guessing is that when they send out a game key or whatnot through email, they also list all your other purchases, as it is part of your total list of products.

Not sure I understood the issue mentioned correctly, but hope my answer was within the ballpark. If not, feel free to elaborate and I'll do my best to give you a good answer.

You can also email me at morten@redthreadgames.com if you feel that a screenshot or something would help describe the issue in a better way. :) 

• Fritjof - Heimdall and DiskJunky like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#3 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 25 June 2014 - 15:24

It sounds like the key page humble bundle use to tie a backer to the humble account. I can pretty much guarantee you that RTG haven't started releasing game keys - to the best of my knowledge DFC isn't going to have one :) That said, you're right to wait until you hear back from the team before continuing

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#4 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 15:25

ninja'd :ph34r:  Prompt as always Morten ;)

• Morten likes this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#5 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 25 June 2014 - 15:33

@ DiskJunky

Seems like we had the same understanding of what might be the issue, or rather; not an issue after all, so that's good.

@Fritjof - The Shifter

As DiskJunky  said, we haven't released any game keys, so you're not going to "break" anything if that's what you're worried about :)

That said, you might notice that there is a license key on your HumbleBundle "Claim"-page for Dreamfall: Chapters. This is a license key for activating your Backer Badge on the forum.

We'll be releasing an official announcement on this too either today, tomorrow or friday. :)

• Jecica and DiskJunky like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#6 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 25 June 2014 - 15:46

Ok now you've got me hunting around the site for somewhere I can redeem my key ;)  I guess patience is in order ?

• wandrew likes this

#7 Teller

Teller

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationAlais

Posted 25 June 2014 - 15:56

Yep it's for the pretty new badges.  See

<- I'm a Draic Kin. :D 

(p.s. I had to search around for where to enter the key but found it right in front of my eyes when I went to my profile)

• Edreamer Jamil and DiskJunky like this

Remember Alatiens that the spirits of their Tellers watch out for you when you most need it.

-Christine-
Dream Traveller

Cannon Stroker
Adventure Gamer
Group Hugger

Dream Blogger
Upping the perviness factor of the Salty Seaman since 2013.

#8 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 16:01

Yep it's for the pretty new badges.  See

<- I'm a Draic Kin. :D

(p.s. I had to search around for where to enter the key but found it right in front of my eyes when I went to my profile)

Hmmm, then it would seem that I have the incorrect badge :( I'm at 'Benefactor of Marcuria'

#9 MichaelH

MichaelH

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationBremen, Germany

Posted 25 June 2014 - 16:02

Ok now you've got me hunting around the site for somewhere I can redeem my key ;)  I guess patience is in order ?

Check your Humble library and scroll down to the 'Other Purchases' section. If Dreamfall doesn't show up, use the key resender (http://support.humbl...le-key-resender).

Of course patience would also work. :)
  • Edreamer Jamil likes this

#10 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 June 2014 - 16:04

Some of us may have already found it.  B)

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#11 Teller

Teller

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationAlais

Posted 25 June 2014 - 16:04

Hmmm, then it would seem that I have the incorrect badge :( I'm at 'Benefactor of Marcuria'

I'm a doppleganger.  But they only gave badges up to draickin, then the next is guardian of the balance which was the $10k one.

Edreamer Jamil , think of it as the first puzzle in Dreamfall Chapters. :D  Put together the pieces we've hinted at here. :sotb:

• Morten, agirlnamedbob and DiskJunky like this

Remember Alatiens that the spirits of their Tellers watch out for you when you most need it.

-Christine-
Dream Traveller

Cannon Stroker
Adventure Gamer
Group Hugger

Dream Blogger

#12 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 16:08

I'm a doppleganger.  But they only gave badges up to draickin, then the next is guardian of the balance which was the $10k one.

Edreamer Jamil , think of it as the first puzzle in Dreamfall Chapters. :D  Put together the pieces we've hinted at here. :sotb:

*checks* heh, you're right. That'll learn me :)

#13 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 25 June 2014 - 16:22

Ahhh no - puzzles !!!    /panicquit

Profile page was actually first place I'd checked - but you were spot on - it took (me) a bit of adventure game style searching to find it, must have looked right past it a couple of times...

• Teller likes this

#14 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2322 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 25 June 2014 - 16:56

Ahh come on, I'm stupid today, please help... :wacko:

Edit: Yeah I'm stupid, nevermind :P

• Teller likes this

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#15 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:00

Ahh come on, I'm stupid today, please help... :wacko:

I'm tempted to say "how's that different from any other day?" but that'd be mean ;)

Log into humble bundle, there's a like there to generate a code. Copy the code onto the clipboard and then go to this form and edit your profile. There is a link there for "license" I think and paste the code in there and hit Save. You should have it then

• mrKnask likes this

#16 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:03

Good god. That took me about 10mins to figure out. Some small link where you enter a license code.

• Edreamer Jamil and mrKnask like this

#17 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2322 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:07

I'm tempted to say "how's that different from any other day?" but that'd be mean ;)

Log into humble bundle, there's a like there to generate a code. Copy the code onto the clipboard and then go to this form and edit your profile. There is a link there for "license" I think and paste the code in there and hit Save. You should have it then

It's as if you know me, please don't tell the others I'm like this all day everyday ;)

The humle bundle part was easy, find where to enter the code here on the forum was not... Time to get glasses I guess B)

• DiskJunky likes this

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#18 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:15

It's as if you know me, please don't tell the others I'm like this all day everyday ;)

The humle bundle part was easy, find where to enter the code here on the forum was not... Time to get glasses I guess B)

Yeah, that's why we're giving out an official announcement with some how-to's etc., so that everyone's informed ;)

I see that some of you have figured it out already, though. You hacky hackers, you...  :crow:

Congrats on finally getting your badges, guys! :D

• Teller, Edreamer Jamil, MichaelH and 5 others like this

#19 Teller

Teller

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationAlais

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:17

Good god. That took me about 10mins to figure out. Some small link where you enter a license code.

If it is indicative of the puzzles in the game, then that's not too bad. :D

-Christine-
Dream Traveller

Cannon Stroker
Adventure Gamer
Group Hugger

Dream Blogger

#20 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:19

Yeah, that's why we're giving out an official announcement with some how-to's etc., so that everyone's informed ;)

I see that some of you have figured it out already, though. You hacky hackers, you...  :crow:

Congrats on finally getting your badges, guys! :D

Well, it's a forum of gamers (and a ton of puzzle gamers at that). What were you expecting? :P Between this thread and the other thread where you mentioned that the functionality for implementing badges was in place, I think most of us saw your posts and said "Challenge Accepted." 

• Morten, MichaelH, Andreas and 2 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users