Photo
- - - - -

Game Stuck Book 4 Glitch

Glitch

Best Answer amykennedy , 14 March 2016 - 22:38

Fixed it (:

I restarted from the end of book three at Kian, and while crow still froze around abnaxus's house, I was able to carry on in the storyline. Thanks everyone so much - especially Morten - for taking the time to help me

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 amykennedy

amykennedy

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 14 March 2016 - 15:56

Forgot to mention that on that last go I had, the guard froze by the door, with Onor walking over, but On previous tries I normally see the guards legs standing over the fallen guards head or once or twice just the fallen guards head.

Also is that how you find save files from steam? Struggling to find it

Attached Files

#22 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 14 March 2016 - 16:06

Yes.

Go to the explorer and write "%appdata%" in the input field. It'll take you to the "AppData>Roaming" folder. Go up one directory, and you should see the "LocalLow" folder. :)

Just to be sure; could you go to your Steam Library, right click the game, select Properties and tell me what the Build ID of the game is (on the Local Files tab).

Also, on the Beta tab, make sure you're not currently on a beta branch ("NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" should be the one selected).

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#23 amykennedy

amykennedy

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 14 March 2016 - 16:12

Found it Thanks,

Sent it in an email

• Morten likes this

#24 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 14 March 2016 - 16:35

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce it on my end. :(

How about the Build ID and Beta settings I asked about in my last post? Would you mind looking them up? Just so we can rule those out. :)

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#25 amykennedy

amykennedy

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 14 March 2016 - 16:39

Current Content BuildID ; 1002306

And BETA is set on NONE - opt out of all beta programs

#26 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 14 March 2016 - 17:10

Hmm.. Well that's the correct values, but I still can't reproduce it. Currently I'm investigating the hardware angle, to see if there are any known issues, but so far I've yet to come up with anything.

I'll update if I find anything, but this is a tough one.

Sorry that I can't give you a solution right now. :(

EDIT: You could of course try to uninstall/reinstall, start over again etc. Not that it helps with the underlying issue, nor a good solution, but right now I don't have other ideas. Sorry.

#27 amykennedy

amykennedy

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 14 March 2016 - 17:13

Hmm.. Well that's the correct values, but I still can't reproduce it. Currently I'm investigating the hardware angle, to see if there are any known issues, but so far I've yet to come up with anything.

I'll update if I find anything, but this is a tough one.

Sorry that I can't give you a solution right now. :(

Would it help if I emailed you some more autosaves from before when it happened?

#28 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 14 March 2016 - 17:14

Sure, go ahead. I'll try them out. :)

#29 amykennedy

amykennedy

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 14 March 2016 - 22:38   Best Answer

Fixed it (:

I restarted from the end of book three at Kian, and while crow still froze around abnaxus's house, I was able to carry on in the storyline. Thanks everyone so much - especially Morten - for taking the time to help me

• Tina, khh, toremygg and 1 other like this

#30 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:11

Great to hear!

I was getting ready to tell you that I haven't got any new ideas. It seems like very weird behavior, but I'm starting to think it is an issue with hardware or something. It's totally irregular behavior, and it's not like we've gotten a lot of similar reports (one other that is) over the many, many players currently playing the game and the amount of times we've played/tested in-house.

Again, it's great to hear you got it working. Enjoy the journey onwards! :)

• khh likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glitch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users