• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 March 2016 - 16:26

Ι deleted everything in my knowledge, plus the file in the app folder. Where are the settings located?

The settings are stored in the registry, this post by Morten explains where. I believe all input settings are prefixed like cInput*, but you can delete all the values in the Dreamfall Chapters subfolder to guarantee all settings being reverted to default.

edit: If we're talking about the settings of Dreamfall Chapters, that is. If we're talking about the settings of some other program then I don't know.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#42 Lyvean

Lyvean

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 00:51

Can I do that while the game is already installed or do I have to delete everything, remove the registry entries and download again?

#43 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 March 2016 - 00:58

I believe you should be able to just delete it. The game will rewrite it with the default settings if it sees it isn't there. 

• khh likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#44 Lyvean

Lyvean

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:21

Nope, same thing. Left stick doesn't work, the dpad up and down in the main menu is mapped on the right and left directions (PS4 controller testing).

It's just a complete mess but thanks for the input.

#45 Nosferatu

Nosferatu

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 13:39

Hello,

I see this post is a bit older, however I am still experiencing the same issue described here: Inventory button not mapped or useable. I do use the wireless X1 controller with the official adapter and did try it with the cable connected. Is there an update out already or is it still being worked on? Files listed below, additional files as necessary.

Attached Files

#46 grooteskus

grooteskus

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:14

I had the same problem.

Windows 10

Xone gamepad

but I may have found a way to make it work (sorry for the bad grammar, brazilian here).

In the title screen, go to the settings session, controls  the same screen that Nosferatu attached in his reply appears.

BUT when a click in somewhere with my mouse the options changes for the mouse+keyboard options. AND if a press some of the buttons of the gamepad the options will be set to the previous, only with the difference that the inventory key is now mapped.

Hope that I could Help.

If any brazilian comes here looking for aswer -

É o seguinte, vai nas configurações e se a tecla de inventário não estiver mapeada, clique em algum lugar com o mouse, as opções mudarão para mouse e tecladado, depois aperte algum botão do controle que a tecla vai aparecer mapeada e vai dar tudo certo.

Bom Jogo!

#47 parvil

parvil

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 20:02

Registered for just one reason, to confirm that this bug still exists. When I googled it, i found posts from 2014 about this problem, and it's still not fixed.. I waited for all 5 books to start playing.. So disappointed.. 

Anyway, I have Xbox One controller, tried both wired and wireless, also have windows 10 pro x64, latest firmware and drivers are installed for Xbox One controller.

#48 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 October 2016 - 21:35

Actually it is broken again, not still. The anniversary update of Win10 broke a lot of XBOne controller support across the board, including all Unity games which use the engines Inputlibrary.

#49 parvil

parvil

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:56

Actually it is broken again, not still. The anniversary update of Win10 broke a lot of XBOne controller support across the board, including all Unity games which use the engines Inputlibrary.

I think you can fix this by either updating firmware of Xbox One controller using Xbox Accesories App in windows store, or by connecting your wireless controller with usb cable and pressing A button like crazy, I've found these solutions on internet, and one of these helped, not sure which one though )

Also I fixed my problem with Xbox One wireless controller and DreamFall chapters! I also found this solution on steam forums. What you need is a xbox 360 controller, or a friend with such a controller. Here are the steps:

1. Connect 360 controller to your PC (Xbox One controller can be still connected)

2. Launch the game

3. If it works with 360 controller, take your Xbox One controller and press some buttons

4. If you can see in settings/controls that D-pad is active, then it's working now with Xbox One controller. 

After that, I disconnected 360 controller, restarted PC, launched the game again with Xbox One controller only, and everything was working!

I think the presence of the installed 360 drivers fixed this problem somehow, by the way, if you have a problem installing your 360 wireless controller on windows 10, you can check out this video , it really helped me.

UPDATE: not working again.. I give up.

Edited by parvil, 12 October 2016 - 18:48.

#50 Dreamwriter

Dreamwriter

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:57

Hi, I'm having this problem as well. Dreamfall Chapters version 5.3.1.1 (from GoG), Xbox One wireless controller for PC (either wired or wireless), Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. Inventory button isn't mapped to anything, d-pad seems to have up and down mapped to right and left, and d-pad right and left seem to do nothing.

I was able to play this in the past with an Xbox 360 controller, so I know that works (I no longer have an Xbox 360 controller, that one died). Being able to remap gamepad controls (something very easily done in Unity, from my experience) would solve the problem, but alas, that isn't currently possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users