49 replies to this topic

#21 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 20:38

Doesn't that mean that the controller is working fine but there is something wrong with the game itself?

I would agree, except, it is working for other people, including Morten. If the problem is with the game itself, it would make more sense that all Xbox One Controller users would have the issue.

Unfortunately, that doesn't resolve the issue for you. It would be interesting to see how that controller behaves when connected to other computers, wired and wirelessly. Totally understandable that you might not want to go that far though.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#22 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 March 2016 - 20:50

I suppose you could post your logs and/or try verifying your game cache (if on Steam) to see if that helps. 

That said, I understand your frustration. :( As far as a refund, I believe that is something you would have to work out through the storefront that you purchased the game through. So Steam/GOG/Humble, etc. I don't believe RTG has a way of issuing a refund themselves since all of the sales stuff is handled by the storefronts. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#23 Lyvean

Lyvean

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 16:05

Thank you for the replies. I have also tried to do verify game cache, etc but nothing happened. Ikon, when I say it's the game's fault, I don't mean totally. But the controller issues are not happening only to me but to other people too. So the game has to be involved in some way or another, either it doesn't communicate properly with some W10 update or who knows. The point is that I can't play it and there is no answer for it.

• grooteskus likes this

#24 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 16:12

But the controller issues are not happening only to me but to other people too. So the game has to be involved in some way or another, either it doesn't communicate properly with some W10 update or who knows.

Agreed, it is happening to others. The issue is that it seems to be very few others. I actually think that's part of the problem. If it happened to more people it would likely be easier to track down. Since it seems to be happening to so few people, I suspect those computers have something in common outside of the game.

#25 Lyvean

Lyvean

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 16:51

The thing they have in common is the OS and the game. It's much more probable to share similarities between those two things than any other hardware configuration. The problem lies with the game, the OS and how they interact with each other. The fact that this is the official controller makes things even worse, as the official controller should be the one with the less problems, compared to other 3rd party controllers. As for how widespread the problem is we can't really know for sure, as many people don't even bother to sign up in a forum to complain. Did you play the game with a wireless Xbox One controller in W10 and had no issues? Then good for you. :)

The point is that if the people who made the game have no idea how to fix it, then only blind luck can get results. For the moment I have to navigate the treacherous and unjust waters of refunding through STEAM. I may as well kiss my money goodbye at this point.

• grooteskus likes this

#26 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 17:11

The only console I own is an aging Wii (not a U, just a Wii). I do have a wired Xbox 360 controller for use with my HTPC. So far, it has worked on everything I've used it with. I don't use it with DFC; I used keyboard and  mouse.

I seriously wish you good luck with the refund process.

#27 Lyvean

Lyvean

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 17:13

Thank you Ikon. I am not holding my breath though. I now have to look for an alternative, like a release on PS4, but I would rather play this on my PC.

#28 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 17:25

Thank you Ikon. I am not holding my breath though. I now have to look for an alternative, like a release on PS4, but I would rather play this on my PC.

I suppose there's no way you would entertain playing it with keyboard and mouse. I'm not trying to divert you from your preferred method; just wondering if you sometimes use KB & mouse.

#29 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2322 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 17 March 2016 - 17:30

You have a ps4? The ds4 should work fine on your pc.

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#30 Lyvean

Lyvean

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 17:33

Don't I need a bluetooth receiver or a really long cable (My PC is connected to my TV to play most games and I do)? I don't have any.

#31 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2322 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 17 March 2016 - 17:36

Don't I need a bluetooth receiver or a really long cable (My PC is connected to my TV to play most games and I do)? I don't have any.

I must have missed that point, sorry.
I'm not sure how to use the ds4 wireless on the computer, I use it plugged in.

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#32 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 17:42

At least it's another option.

#33 Lyvean

Lyvean

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 18:03

It's my bad, I hadn't mentioned it.

#34 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:44

You're pretty much right in terms of that it's basically blind luck whether or not we find a way to fix it, as we currently have no way of reproducing the issue.

We're basically depending on getting feedback and information from players that are having the issue to try to figure out what the difference between them and others is.

I've tried on all our computers, with the controller connected in every possible way, and I have yet to successfully reproduce the issue. It would be so much easier to find out what the culprit is, and fix it, if we had a way to make this happen ourselves.

To repeat myself though, today the input is handled through the Input layer/API of Unity, in which we have minimal control over how the input from different devices is handled between the OS and the game. We have an integration of a new system on schedule that will give us more control, and should iron out most of stuff like this issue, but it's still quite a major task that would take at least a couple of weeks to successfully integrate including testing for bugs and all. So it's probably not going to happen until we've released all Books, but it's going to happen once we have the time for it. :)

Still though, I'm so sorry that you're currently one of the unlucky ones and I wish I could find a way to reproduce the issue. 

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#35 Lyvean

Lyvean

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 17:40

This is just unbelievable. I went and bought a bluetooth receiver, so I can connect my PS4 controller. I downloaded the DSWindows program and when I logged in all the controls were fucked up. This program supposedly maps the 360 buttons and sticks, so I was really surprised when I saw that it really doesn't. I used the default profile and I edit some face buttons to match, so I found a configuration that makes sense. The actual game, though, while it recognizes the PS4 buttons (it also has an X or O for example) it just doesn't make sense. The camera is on the trigger, the right stick does nothing, the R3 is the confirm, I mean... what on earth is going on?

#36 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 18 March 2016 - 18:03

We officially left my level of tech savvy a while ago, but that is really weird. I play the game with a PS4 controller and it works normally... And I've played it both with the DS4Windows mapper and without.

...The game should support the PS4 controller natively, though, so... ...have you tried not using the DS4Windows mapper? I'm wondering if maybe there's a mapping error going on there. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#37 Lyvean

Lyvean

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 18:26

I deleted the DS4 app. I didn't know the game supports PS4 natively. So I just paired it with my adaptor and loaded the game. Check this: in the main menu, the right and left dpad are used for up and down and when you enter the game the controls are completely messed up, the camera is always up and sticks don't work correctly.

Guess what though. A random press of a random face button opened the inventory...

#38 Lyvean

Lyvean

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 00:51

Nope, nothing works. PS4, DS4 for windows, with micro usb or wireless, Xbox One can't use the inventory, wired or wireless. Nothing. I'm at a loss but I don't think I will spend more time on this now, since there is no official solution. Very disappointed and I will definitely stay away from the developer's games. Thanks for all the support here.

#39 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:36

One thing - when you uninstalled, did you make sure the settings file was deleted? If memory serves, it can stay behind and mess things up. I think the mappings are stored there, so if they have been corrupted at some point, deleting it could theoretically help...

#40 Lyvean

Lyvean

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 15:17

Ι deleted everything in my knowledge, plus the file in the app folder. Where are the settings located?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users