6 replies to this topic

#1 shift9996

shift9996

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:47

Good evening,

I am currently subscribed to the beta branch and noticed that the game just updated to 4.3.1.1 [beta]. I searched through the steam discussions and this beta forum with no change log information in sight. Does anyone know what was changed?

#2 Chio

Chio

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:29

It was a small download (around 180 MB, if I remember correctly), so I thought maybe it was a small update with some bug fixing.
I've tested it now, and I looks really weird. But I'm not sure if it's the update or only my computer (it's been acting off lately). 

Below are some pictures of a couple scenes from Book 4. The dark ones weren't so dark in-game, but still, they looked really strange. Could somebody else check the game to see if it is only me or it is caused by the beta update?

Spoiler

"One of these times you're gonna wake up in a coma."

#3 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 15:01

Texture mapping issues??

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#4 Chio

Chio

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 12 March 2016 - 16:34

I'm not sure. I have checked the integrity of the files, twice, and it's ok. I'll try to play with different settings later, I'll keep you updated.

UPDATE:

I tried again with different settings, even with a different graphics card, with same results: lighting issues, white dots, and a slight drop of FPS. So, I disabled the beta and tried with the previous non-beta version: everything looks fine again, back to normal. Something's "off" with this 4.3.1.1. beta version, at least on my computer, anyway.

• Morten likes this

"One of these times you're gonna wake up in a coma."

#5 shift9996

shift9996

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 16:31

I have yet to see the reported visual artifacts and white dots but I haven't loaded up a save from the area depicted in the screenshot. I'll do some more digging and report back here along with the bug reporting tool

• Morten likes this

#6 ThorShaker

ThorShaker

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 20:51

I also get the white dots. Not only white, but all kinds of colors. Lots of them outside the Mole's house.

Windows 10 Pro

Intel i5 6600K 3.5 GHz

8 GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 970

#7 Dagget

Dagget

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:07

A recent streamer had exactly those issues (the dark scene on the cloudship and the white dots on various scenes)

Aside from that, it would be a really good idea if RTG noted somewhere in this subgroup when they post beta patches. Wouldn't want some hacker code slipstreamed in and everyone just assume it was an intended update.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4.3.1.1, beta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users