Photo
- - - - -

Can not load textures after an update

bug

Best Answer agirlnamedbob , 07 March 2016 - 00:03

No problem! I actually didn't know that was a thing on Steam until I started helping troubleshoot for people here on the forum, so yeah. :lol:

I believe if you right click on the game in your library and then hit "properties" you should get a pop up. Select the "Local Files" tab and then hit the button that says "Verify Integrity of Game Cache." 

See if that helps. I know a lot of times issues like this are caused by corrupted files. If that doesn't fix it, we'll move on to some other ideas. :) 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cetin Tuker

Cetin Tuker

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 23:02

Hello,

In the beginning of march 2016 DFC downloaded a file automatically and after that update it can not render some textures anymore. 

I don't know how to download that again (if possible) or how to roll back to previous stable version.

I can not play the game anymore.

I am using a Mac Book Pro - 2013

Yosemite

Attached File  Ekran Resmi 2016-03-05 11.28.58 PM copy.jpg   90.31KB   4 downloads

Attached File  Ekran Resmi 2016-03-05 11.34.59 PM copy.jpg   34.56KB   4 downloads 

#2 Cetin Tuker

Cetin Tuker

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 23:09

I am sorry I think this post is in wrong place. 

#3 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 March 2016 - 23:11

Nope, here is fine. :) I'll actually delete your other thread for right now and if we can't get this sorted, then I'll move this one to support. 

A few quick questions - Are you playing the game on Steam? If so, have you tried verifying the integrity of your game cache to ensure there are no corrupted files?

• khh likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#4 Cetin Tuker

Cetin Tuker

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 23:53

Yes I am playing on Steam. I haven't done it yet because I have just heard there is a method like this (ok I am not good at using Steam). I will try and will update this thread about the result.

#5 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 March 2016 - 00:03   Best Answer

No problem! I actually didn't know that was a thing on Steam until I started helping troubleshoot for people here on the forum, so yeah. :lol:

I believe if you right click on the game in your library and then hit "properties" you should get a pop up. Select the "Local Files" tab and then hit the button that says "Verify Integrity of Game Cache." 

See if that helps. I know a lot of times issues like this are caused by corrupted files. If that doesn't fix it, we'll move on to some other ideas. :) 

• khh likes this

#6 Cetin Tuker

Cetin Tuker

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:28

Yes it says 11 files needs to be downloaded again. I will make an update later. Thank you for your help. :)

• agirlnamedbob and khh like this

#7 Cetin Tuker

Cetin Tuker

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:41

Yes it works. Thank you! :)

• Tina, agirlnamedbob and khh like this

#8 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:45

Glad to hear it! :) I'll go ahead and mark this topic "solved." Though please feel free to let us know if you have any other issues and we'll do our best to help.

• Cetin Tuker likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users