• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:55

I knew there were mysteries, but I never realized how much mystery there actually was.

#42 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:02

I knew there were mysteries, but I never realized how much mystery there actually was.

Many mysteries from Dreamfall are already solved in Dreamfall Chapters. Some of them are unsolved and Chapters build the new ones.

Remember the old plan? Dreamfall was designed as first part of the middle part of trilogy. Chapters is second part of the middle. We are still far away from conclusion of whole saga.

I recently created my own view on TLJ saga. I see it as three chapters which are connected with each other:

Chapter One - Save Of The Balance, April Ryan (The Longest Journey)
Chapter Two - Fall of Lux's Dream, Zoe, Kian, April and Saga (Dreamfall + Dreamfall Chapters)
Chapter Three - War Of The Balance, The end of Divide, April/Saga/Lady Alvane and Kian? (The Longest Journey Home/ TLJ Next)
  • Nathanael likes this

#43 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 10 March 2016 - 15:03

Many mysteries from Dreamfall are already solved in Dreamfall Chapters.

It's currently a short list. Some of which like the pipe network explanation gave half answers at best.

#44 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3563 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 10 March 2016 - 15:30

Well, mystery IS important, seƱor. :D

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#45 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2121 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 15:56

One thing is sure, Ragnar have enough things for at least two others games unless he's able to stop putting new mysteries and new plot points into this universe.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#46 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 16:25

It's currently a short list. Some of which like the pipe network explanation gave half answers at best.

That one seems fully answered to me. I don't expect the full technical specification of an imaginary machine.

• Pawlo_86 and Nathanael like this

#47 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2016 - 16:28

One thing is sure, Ragnar have enough things for at least two others games unless he's able to stop putting new mysteries and new plot points into this universe.

The futher story for TLJ saga was written during development of Dreamfall.
And the ending...a real ending. According to Ragnar it ends the same way how it was started - with old lady telling a story. Full circle. I really hope so that Ragnar will find a way to finish the saga.
  • inspector likes this

#48 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2016 - 16:55

Let's see..

Zoe and Faith origins - unexplained,
Dreamer ablities - little more explained,
Reza's case - unexplained
Helena Chang's agenda - unexplained (i think that she is Fraulein mentioned in Book Two)
purpose of Dreamer devices - explained
Eingana - unexplained
purpose of Tower - explained
Steam Machines - explained,
Underground City and Grubbers - explained
identity of Prophet - i think that it was revealed in Book Four,
Westhouse's agenda - red herring, little touching
attack in Dark People Library - unexplained
fate of Liv and Damien - explained,
Storytime and Vagabond - unexplained,
Zoe, Kian and April cliffhangers - all resolved

#49 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 16:59

Some explanations lead to more questions, though. For example: Damien said in DF that the purpose of the Dreamachines was to spy on people's dreams and also to implant suggestions. In DFC, it seems that the purpose is to collect dreams and use them. Which is it, after all? It could be both, but that would have to be said explicitly IMO. (I have a theory as well, but I won't say it here.)

• Pawlo_86 and inspector like this

#50 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2016 - 17:04

Peats wanted to use Dreamer to control people but it wasn't a real purpose. Peats was killed because Thief Of Dreams had diffrent plans. I think that solution to Reza's case will also fully explain Dreamachines.
  • Indrid Cold, ct2651, Sophia and 1 other like this

#51 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2121 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 17:08

Peats wanted to use Dreamer to control people but it wasn't a real purpose. Peats was killed because Thief Of Dreams had diffrent plans. I think that solution to Reza's case will also fully explain Dreamachines.

"Elementary mon cher Watson"

For real, that seems the most logical explanation.

#52 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2016 - 17:10

Also a "control humanity plot" was released as cover for real purpose of Dreamtime.

#53 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 17:16

Peats wanted to use Dreamer to control people but it wasn't a real purpose. Peats was killed because Thief Of Dreams had diffrent plans.

That was my theory, more or less. :)

• inspector likes this

#54 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 18:44

That one seems fully answered to me. I don't expect the full technical specification of an imaginary machine.

There was no real explanation of what it is actually doing, and who is doing it (other than the prophet...again we dont know who that is. Oh but the prophet is the undreaming..... but we don't know anything about that), and what the 'calculations' are.

so it's basically a steam/pipe powered computer that links some unknown people. I think we all get that. But thats not an answer, it is the first half of an answer.

The game so far has gone to such lengths to hide the plot that it ends up saying nothing at all some times. Even Zoe's 'talk' with Lux suffered from major obfuscation.

Not including the house of all worlds stuff in that. But I have found the these sections of the game more forthcoming with info than the main plot, and far more fun.

Maybe it will all be clear after the last book.

#55 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2016 - 18:52

There was no real explanation of what it is actually doing, and who is doing it, and what the 'calculations' are. It's basically a steam/pipe powered computer that links some unknown people. I think we all get that. But thats not an answer, it is the first half of an answer.
Maybe it will all be clear after the last book.

Not really. There are more than only that. Steam machines are connected to The Tower. You know why...trapped dreams below it. Machines are programming something like a new reality data. The data is supposed to be send to Tower and Tower will feeding on and molding the captured dreams and reshape reality in result. Lux's Dream would be redesigned.
Prophet is behind creation of Engine.

#56 Vanya-illin

Vanya-illin

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 March 2016 - 19:06

Also a "control humanity plot" was released as cover for real purpose of Dreamtime.

I think that "control humanity" was how the project was sold to Wati, who never knew its real purpose. Recall in Dreamfall that the scientists realized that there was something odd about how Eingana could contain more dream data than it was physically capable of storing. And we got a broad hint when April touched the Vortex under the Tower and Eingana reacted.

• Pawlo_86 and inspector like this

#57 inspector

inspector

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 19:12

This could very much be...Arcadia and Stark were once together and had to be divided. Etta's family might be "fugitives" in the sense they are not meant to be together but one should be in Arcadia and one in stark.

This could be the explanation of pretty much everything about TLJ's main plot

Then, destroying the Divide becomes a holy purpose, not an evil one. Is destroying the Divide and destroying the Balance same thing?

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#58 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2016 - 19:18

Then, destroying the Divide becomes a holy purpose, not an evil one. Is destroying the Divide and destroying the Balance same thing?

I don't think so. The Balance is stronger than Divide. In Dreamfall twin worlds are going to hell so...reunification! But not in Book Five. Not yet.
  • inspector likes this

#59 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 19:21

Not really. There are more than only that. Steam machines are connected to The Tower.

Yep we get told that, I agree.

You know why...trapped dreams below it. Machines are programming something

Yep with you there too

like a new reality data. The data is supposed to be send to Tower and Tower will feeding on and molding the captured dreams and reshape reality in result. Lux's Dream would be redesigned.
Prophet is behind creation of Engine.

Woh.. we don't get told that anywhere ;) thats just speculation on your part. You might be correct, but i'm not sure that info is really in the game.

Its just at this stage of the game, I would rather not still be guessing at what the plot is. I personally just find the workings of the plot, a mess. A mess that needs cleaning up.

#60 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2016 - 19:26

Yep we get told that, I agree.Yep with you there tooWoh.. we don't get told that anywhere ;) thats just speculation on your part. You might be correct, but i'm not sure that info is really in the game.Its just at this stage of the game, I would rather not still be guessing at what the plot is. I personally just find the workings if the plot, a mess. A mess that needs cleaning up.

Ferdows said in Book Three that machines are programming ultimate message and it will be send to Tower and Tower is final part of Engine and it will feeding and molding the dreams and changing the world...for better. It was all told in game. Play Engine Room part in Book Three!
  • inspector likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Book, Five, Book5, DFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users