#1 RoyMartin

RoyMartin

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:50

Hey guys!

I haven't been to this forum in ages, so sorry if this been posted about before. I tried searching, but couldn't find anything.

I was checking out Norwegian Film Institutes today, and noticed a very interesting project which had received funding:

Kodenavn Svalbard by Red Thread Games.

Anyone know what this is?

I'm extra curious, considering I live in Svalbard :)

Edit: Don't know why, but I'm unable to post link.

Edited by RoyMartin, 03 March 2016 - 11:58.

• Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob, TalkingOak and 4 others like this

#2 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:08

Link to info: http://www.nfi.no/br...kudd?key=147469 (Norwegian only)

Just learned about it from Facebook, shared by Martin and Eivind! :o

So this will be the Post-Draugen game then :)

Edit: Here's the info, cleaned up a bit from a rough google translate of the page (5 min left of break at work, needed to use a shortcut)

"CODE NAME SVALBARD is an RPG for one or more players, set to Spitsbergen in a post-apocalyptic future.

At the end of this century, climate change and global warfare leads to a destructive nuclear winter. Generations later, what's left of humanity is trying to to rise again to rebuild civilization. And the key to the future of the Earth lies beneath the ice - at Svalbard."

• agirlnamedbob, TalkingOak, Vainamoinen and 3 others like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#3 RoyMartin

RoyMartin

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:10

Thanks, Tina.

Ah, looks exciting! I think Spitsbergen is a great setting for this, can't wait to play it! Looking forward to seeing the ruins of Longyearbyen :)

• Tina likes this

#4 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:13

Yeah, weren't you just there? :D

#5 RoyMartin

RoyMartin

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:17

I still am, I live here :)

• Tina likes this

#6 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3544 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:36

So, plundering the seed bank much? :D
  • TalkingOak, Ringtail, mrKnask and 1 other like this

#7 RoyMartin

RoyMartin

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 13:41

Haha, I wish they would let me in to at least take a look :)

I read that Svalbard is one of the best places to be in case of an apocalypse, because of the seed vault. Too bad there's no appropriate soil here to actually GROW the seeds :)

• TalkingOak and Crow's fan like this

#8 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6149 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 14:13

83cb688b3243e87853d548e17d64d755_binary-

I just pledged in the Mutant: Genlab Alpha Kickstarter, so post-apocalypse is right up my alley and my trust in northmen and -women to do the scenario justice is evidently unbroken (Also, I played Flame in the Flood, though that game is just so damn depressing).

RPG, of course, sounds really great.

I think it's a natural choice for RTG after two adventure games, and I think that RTG will find lots of experts in their community to debate the crrrrrunchy details. :ehehe:

"One or more players" sounds strange.

Not sure how RTG is going to pull it off. I'm a core single player, but I still find this promising.

Judging from the picture, we may have a female protagonist for CNS.

Draugen doesn't, so I guess it was high time for another one again. :)

The estimated total budget displayed at the NFI seems bogus.

I don't think RTG makes a game for just about 200,000 $. Are we missing a digit here... or maybe two? :blink:

Code Name: Svalbard subforum today? I'd like to spam a little. :P

And get some official answers concerning some particulars. For example, Code Name Episodic.  :ph34r:

• agirlnamedbob, TalkingOak, khh and 3 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#9 TalkingOak

TalkingOak

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7346 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Fields We Know

Posted 03 March 2016 - 15:01

This looks and sounds really intresting and exciting. :) Plus I do hope polar bear companion is in the game! :D

• Vainamoinen likes this
The Talking Oak
aka. Ben
~-~

Twitter - Steam - GOG - Blog - Instagram - Good Reads

#10 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6149 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 15:07

This looks and sounds really intresting and exciting. :) Plus I do hope polar bear companion is in the game! :D

You know, 'multiplayer' always sounds like less individual characters and storytelling in a game, but I have trust in RTG in that respect. They won't just go from 100% storytelling to 25 in the blink of an eye. In other words, I'm pretty damn certain the polar bear is in the game.

I'm damn certain he or she has a name, a background, and a story arc. And maybe, who knows, the lady is actually the companion and the bear is the hero. All of it is in the cards. :)

Jeeez, I hope that's not blood (I rather think it's some sort of tribal tatoo/fur dye).

• TalkingOak and Ringtail like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#11 TalkingOak

TalkingOak

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7346 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Fields We Know

Posted 03 March 2016 - 15:20

. And maybe, who knows, the lady is actually the companion and the bear is the hero.

That would be the greatest thing ever! :D Or even if it is just one player plays a human and the other plays the bear. Ethier way, coupled with RTG being an awesome deveolper, this has real potential to be a great cRPG! :)

• Vainamoinen likes this
The Talking Oak
aka. Ben
~-~

Twitter - Steam - GOG - Blog - Instagram - Good Reads

#12 RoyMartin

RoyMartin

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 15:23

Sounds awesome with a polar bear companion. I'm also excited to see what the RPG-elements are, but knowing RTG I know there will be focus on characters and story. Excited about getting more information!

• TalkingOak and Vainamoinen like this

#13 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 15:24

The bear is Dan Haggerty, reborn ;)

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#14 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6149 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 15:36

So I thought, all that ice and snow, all that white, isn't that going to be boring in the game?

Then I consulted google maps. According to them, Svalbard looks like this:

a2e99185320470a0e8bec0eafa0f8e40_svalbar

• TalkingOak, khh and RoyMartin like this

#15 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11215 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 March 2016 - 15:59

Man, I woke up to a couple of weird messages and was having serious trouble getting my brain to kick on enough to process what was being said. 

Post-apocalyptic RPG? Be still my heart. 

I'm kind of curious how the "one or more" players thing will work, too. I'd be doubly excited if this ended up being something that Randy and I could play together. There are like... ...no games we've been able to play together. (Draugen's another contender, but only because I'm a chicken-shit and will possibly make him play it while I hide behind his shoulder and occasionally point at things to investigate.) 

Code Name: Svalbard subforum today? I'd like to spam a little. :P

Hopefully Morten will oblige soon. Before they realized they accidentally gave us all kinds of fancy privileges, khh or I might have been able to do it, but I think this thread is going to have to suffice for now. 

• TalkingOak, Vainamoinen and khh like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#16 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 March 2016 - 20:47

Hopefully Morten will oblige soon. Before they realized they accidentally gave us all kinds of fancy privileges, khh or I might have been able to do it, but I think this thread is going to have to suffice for now. 

Sorry for unintentionally causing you guys to be downgraded in privileges  :blush: (I got upgraded a bit, so you didn't loose all of your extra powers, luckily :)

I think it's a bit strange that we haven't gotten a single RTG tweet about it yet, but I'm guessing they're working on a proper announcement (maybe then they'll add a subforum as well). After all, the announcement at the NFI page isn't that easy to catch if you're not actively looking. Or facebook-friends with excited, sharing developers  :ehehe:

• TalkingOak and khh like this

#17 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11215 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 March 2016 - 21:03

Sorry for unintentionally causing you guys to be downgraded in privileges  :blush: (I got upgraded a bit, so you didn't loose all of your extra powers, luckily :))

xD Don't apologize. :P I don't think we even properly realized it was a thing until suddenly we were discussing the Great Spam Influx of December 2014 and it became clear we had access to different things. I think it's kinda hilarious. 

And yeah, I was wondering about the lack of formal announcement, too, though I kinda wonder if yeah...this sort of let the cat out of the bag before they were prepped to do a big announcement about it. 

Or maybe they're just up to their elbows in Book Five, Draugen, and Mysterious Mobile Game and thus will get around to that Soon™. 

• Tina and khh like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#18 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6149 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 21:26

A proper announcement could show a bit more concept art (or at the very least, show the available picture in desktop resolution) and contain a few more details we've been wondering about. :)

Or maybe Ragnar just doesn't love us any more and would rather spill the beans on the Steam forums. :P

• Tina and agirlnamedbob like this

#19 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 March 2016 - 21:42

Or maybe he procrastinates the announcement, dreading the BUT WHAT ABOUT TLJH!?!?!?!?! comments the it will initiate :P

• agirlnamedbob and Ringtail like this

#20 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 March 2016 - 21:48

Double post because I just remembered this instagram photo Ragnar posted two weeks ago. I guess now we know the unknown :)

https://www.instagra.../p/BB5ajJSxPdi/

• agirlnamedbob, TalkingOak, khh and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users