• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Aquaris

Aquaris

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 18:32

Hi. I recently bought Dreamfall Chapters via polish store with games as a steam gift. After being downloaded in steam I started a game. Here is my problem: I can only start Book 1 and 2. There is no 3 and 4. My question is: is it normal? Can I play episode 3 and 4 after I finish first 2? Will they appear after finishing Book 2? Or is something wrong with my game? Thanks for all answers and sorry for my bad english I hope everything is clear to understand.

EDIT: It is my first post so i want to say Hi to everyone! I love Dreamfall Chapters. :)

#2 merryawe

merryawe

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 February 2016 - 18:46

Hi there!  :D

I'm surprised you can start first two books at once! This shouldn't be possible I think, I mean, maybe it is, but how exactly, considering you need to have choices from Book 1 to start Book 2?

Spoiler

• Aquaris likes this

#3 Aquaris

Aquaris

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 19:03

Hi. :)

Okay, i started the game again and checked if there is any save and it seems that my brother already played the game and made it to chapter 2, thats why I can start new game at Book 2. LOL. So it seems that my game is okay, but i need to finish Book 2 to unlock Book Three. Thats what I think anyway. If someone who knows more can tell me that I think correctly I would be very glad. :D

I'm so happy, because I was thinking about contacting person from who I bought the game and start complaining, but I think all is okay right now. :)

PS Wszystko dobrze kumasz, to po prostu ja czasem bywam niekumaty. :D Hah, to ostatnie forum na którym spodziewałbym się spotkać polaków. A na pewno nie tak szybko. :)

• merryawe likes this

#4 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 19:11

Yeah, that's correct. 

You can't load up a Book until you've completed the previous Book. So you'll be able to load Book Three when you have a completed Book Two save. Etc. 

Though, just as an additional FYI, there isn't currently a "save slot" system, so juggling multiple playthroughs can be tricky. I'll see if I can dig up a thread with instructions on some of the various methods people are using.

• Aquaris likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#5 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 19:12

You cannot start a later book until the previous book is complete. Each book depends on the results from the one before it.

• Aquaris likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#6 Aquaris

Aquaris

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 19:25

Thanks @agirlnamedbob but dont bother. :) I already called to my brother and he said that he wont continue playing, because he dont likes the game. LOL. But he didnt play Dreamfall: The Longest Journey and The Longest Journey so he dont understand how good this games series is. Well, I have sleep problems, I do live like vampire. Sleep all days and live in nights - and this game will keep me really entertained. Thanks again guys for help! 

• agirlnamedbob and khh like this

#7 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 21:07

Well, I have sleep problems, I do live like vampire. Sleep all days and live in nights - and this game will keep me really entertained. Thanks again guys for help! 

Shouldn't you be in Romania??  :D :D

• Aquaris likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#8 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 February 2016 - 21:18

PS Wszystko dobrze kumasz, to po prostu ja czasem bywam niekumaty. :D Hah, to ostatnie forum na którym spodziewałbym się spotkać polaków. A na pewno nie tak szybko. :)

Jesteśmy wszędzie :)
  • merryawe and Aquaris like this

#9 Aquaris

Aquaris

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:54

Jesteśmy wszędzie :)

Haha, widzę. :D

Shouldn't you be in Romania??  :D :D

LOL, true. :D +++