#1 Agent Takeoff

Agent Takeoff

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 29 January 2016 - 22:12

I have a request for a subtitle improvement, threre is a two important things needed for all non English-speaking players:

1.1 (main) Add subtitles for citizens conversations in Europolis and Marcuria
1.2 add some missing subtitles 
(examples that someone posted on the forum: "Friar's Keep, after opening the first gates. Captain's phrases about moving up; Friar's Keep. All phrases of Warden Murron as soon as Kian grabed him; Friar's Keep, phrases of guards/bowman")

2nd: Add option to not hide subtitles when the game is paused.

P.S. I am almost sure that the subtitle for citizens conversations were in the first version of Book One. At least at first playthrough I somehow understand what they were saying, in contrast to the current version.

Sorry for my english.

• yodagreen3, WatiCrow and Chio like this

Are you ready for Takeoff?

#2 WatiCrow

WatiCrow

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFrom the land of twilight, under the moon

Posted 15 June 2016 - 22:31

I totally support this! It's not only about Russian-speakers because adding this sort of subs you will be helpful for any different language speaking person who prefer or has a unique opportunity to play the game in his/her own language. Even for the deaf and hard of hearing people who can navigate the complicated adventure story with many branching storylines exclusively on the text what they see and nothing else. Just think about it, dear RTG team, and send your respectful answer here. ;)

#3 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 16 June 2016 - 13:49

I understand why you'd want to have subtitles for everything, but some dialogue lines are not showing subtitles simply because that would lead to a whole lot of clutter on the screen.
Basically in some places, like the big scenes with a lot of npcs talking, your screen would be filled with subtitles stacked on top of each other.
Say for instance some important dialogue with the player is running, most likely that would have been lost in all the other stuff going on, and it would severely affect the game and story.

I sincerely understand that you want to follow all of what's happening even though it might not be that important to the overarching plot, but I'm sure you understand why we've chosen this approach. :)

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#4 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3071 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 14:01

Could I make a case for something like an intentional listening action? Like making an icon appear when you're near a conversation that would make your character stop there and listen, during which subtitles would appear. It could be cancelled by pressing the action key again or moving away.

#5 Sithoid

Sithoid

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 19:22

Speaking of subtitles: I believe there were more inconsistencies between subtitles and speech in book 5 than in all previous books combined. Sometimes subtitles would have entire sentences that were not spoken. This must've been due to an additional round of editing somewhere between the scripting and the recording, and I'm not sure which version is final - but it would be great if they were syncronized in the following patches.

• Chio likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users