Photo

We're looking for iPhone/iPad focus testers!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 27 January 2016 - 13:12

Hi folks,

Are you an iPhone 5s/6/6s/plus, iPad Air/Air 2/Mini 2/Mini 3/Mini 4/Pro or iPad touch 6th generation (64-bit) user?

Great!

Do you want to help us test (and give feedback to) an iOS game we've been working on?

Awesome!

Testers will have to sign a standard NDA (don't blame us, blame the lawyers. Stupid lawyers) and be active in submitting bugs and feedback over the next month or so. In return, you'll get your name in the game's credits and a chance to bask in the warm light of our eternal love and gratitude! And I'm sure we'll also figure out some cool rewards for particularly active & helpful testers.

(Also, you'll be the first people outside the RTG offices to play this particular iOS game. Wheee!)

If you feel you qualify (and I'm sure you do, because you're AWESOME…as long as you own an applicable iOS device, of course), please send us a brief email with your device specs, testing experience and technical background (if any).

We'll only contact a few testers to begin with, but we'll add more along the way, so if you don't get picked in the first round, don't feel discouraged. We still love you! A LOT.

Please send your emails to this address:

ios@redthreadgames.com

Thanks, you!

Ragnar

(inb4 Android owners start complaining: we'll evaluate an Android version when we're done with iOS. We don't have the expertise to do Android right now, and we don't have enough people to work concurrently on multiple mobile platforms. If/when the time comes, we'll let you AnDROIDs know! Until then, let peace & respect reign between our two tribes.)

• Edreamer Jamil, khh, Indrid Cold and 4 others like this

#2 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 27 January 2016 - 14:26

I have only an iphone 5 

complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain 

There :P

Damnit...

Also, good luck with that new game.

#3 blaster

blaster

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • LocationStark

Posted 27 January 2016 - 19:51

Hey, Ragnar. Submited my email. I have Ipad 3, iphone 5 and 6s. Will gladly assist.

blasted be the balance

#4 Dagget

Dagget

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 January 2016 - 20:02

Oh, c'mon, go for Android too!

#5 trentjaspar

trentjaspar

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 27 January 2016 - 21:41

inb4 "ZOMG, shouldn't you finish Dreamfall Chapters first before working on some crappy mobile game!?"

:P

(hopefully we don't get any of that.)

[Edit:  Message sent!]

Edited by trentjaspar, 27 January 2016 - 22:10.

• inspector likes this

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Current game:  "Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle" and "The Cat Lady."  Previous game: "A Bird Story"

#6 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:07

inb4 "ZOMG, shouldn't you finish Dreamfall Chapters first before working on some crappy mobile game!?"

:P

(hopefully we don't get any of that.)

[Edit:  Message sent!]

Just to be clear: everyone who CAN work on the final episode of Dreamfall Chapters is now working on the final episode of Dreamfall Chapters. There's not a whole lot of code work to do, and so the team is slowly branching off into various new projects as they become available.

Thanks to everyone who's sent us an email so far. We'll respond today! And if you're just now seeing this and you have a compatible device: get in touch at ios@redthreadgames.com

• yodagreen3 and bongboy like this

#7 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 19:24

Just because it can be ported to iphone, ipad doesn't mean it will be bad. Wasn't BS5 on Ipad? Not a bad game by any stretch...

Is it Longest Journey Home!??? Is it!? TLJ ported? Maybe they are porting TLJ. I wish it was on Android though, if that were the cause. i have a tablet I wouldn't mind making useful and playing games on it. Right now it just sits there. 

I wish I could help. At any rate, RTG's is a great company, looking towards playing whatever they deliver. 

#8 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1309 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 29 January 2016 - 20:36

Just because it can be ported to iphone, ipad doesn't mean it will be bad. Wasn't BS5 on Ipad? Not a bad game by any stretch...

Is it Longest Journey Home!??? Is it!? TLJ ported? Maybe they are porting TLJ. I wish it was on Android though, if that were the cause. i have a tablet I wouldn't mind making useful and playing games on it. Right now it just sits there.

I wish I could help. At any rate, RTG's is a great company, looking towards playing whatever they deliver.

It doesn't sound like this game is related to TLJ or Dreamfall at all.

And Funcom released an iOS port of TLJ for iPhone and iPad last year. It's not a remaster, just a lightly-modified port, but still pretty good.
  • khh likes this

#9 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3555 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 29 January 2016 - 21:33

Maybe it's Mulm's octopus sim. :D
  • Tina, agirlnamedbob, khh and 1 other like this

#10 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 January 2016 - 21:38

Or Martin's Llama Farming Simulator 3000.

• Tina and Riaise like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#11 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1309 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 29 January 2016 - 21:43

Or Martin's Llama Farming Simulator 3000.

Or Baby Ninja School!
  • agirlnamedbob likes this

#12 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 22:05

Jim's earthworm simulator?? :D

• Morten likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users