52 replies to this topic

#21 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 29 January 2016 - 13:14

I've been thinking about this for a while, after playing the games I definitely got the impression that Zoe was in a way made. I suspect this has a lot to do with her mom, made in the same way they did Faith, only Zoe was the 'successful' experiment but she wasn't known to Wait or anything. I

I like this a lot! If it turns out it's not true, I think it would be one of the most beautiful fan theories I've read ever! It explains a lot if not everything and it's very cyberpunk. Me likey lotty!

And if Lux is the created/dreamt up the universe where does the Baba Yaga come in? Did Lux create them too or was there always that duality, like a yin and yang thing?

From what I've gathered, Lux and Nox (a.k.a. Baba Yaga) were together at the beginning of the dream. It's all a little blurry and I'm still a bit confused where exactly Zoe comes in.

And are we sure Lux can actively manipulate the worlds or is it a more 'bearing witness' to the worlds kind of thing?

It seems unquestionable that if Lux dies the whole dream dies and all ceases to exist..That's something Abnaxus says...I mean...we could be wrong...

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#22 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 18:42

I've been thinking about this for a while, after playing the games I definitely got the impression that Zoe was in a way made. I suspect this has a lot to do with her mom, made in the same way they did Faith, only Zoe was the 'successful' experiment but she wasn't known to Wait or anything. I

I like this a lot! If it turns out it's not true, I think it would be one of the most beautiful fan theories I've read ever! It explains a lot if not everything and it's very cyberpunk. Me likey lotty!

I believe we know for certain that it is true. I recall that the Yaga say exactly that when Zoe is in the Yaga 'house'.

• Yarrozu likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#23 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 19:05

I believe we know for certain that it is true. I recall that the Yaga say exactly that when Zoe is in the Yaga 'house'.

Yaga says that Zoe has been made artificially? Man, my memory sucks...but I don't have the time to watch a playthrough again: gotta go in town, so I'll trust you with that.

anyway it was hinted in DF: TLJ, especially towards the end so it wouldn't come as a surprise at all. Very cool!

#24 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 19:24

The direct quote is:

Something made you. That's interesting. We didn't see this coming. We do so love surprises.

• Nancy Brown, the red of the kin and Toffy like this

#25 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 20:00

The direct quote is:

Thanks, Ikon!

#26 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 21:03

Seems pretty conclusive, doesn't it?

• the red of the kin likes this

#27 Yarrozu

Yarrozu

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in between~

Posted 29 January 2016 - 22:43

Something made you. That's interesting. We didn't see this coming. We do so love surprises.

aha! I remember hearing something like that I just didn't remember who I heard it from and I thought it was Abnaxus.

I think a lot of our answers lie in her mom at this point. One of the things I love most about these games is all the questions and speculations it leaves us with :D

::Cortez:: Vamos. Enter the light.

::April:: Don't say that. It sounds too ominous. Just... tell me what's gonna happen.

::Cortez:: You're about to take the first step on the longest journey of your life.

::Zoë:: It was nice chatting with you, Crow. It's been very informative.

::Crow:: Glad to help, doll.

::Zoë:: 'Doll'?

::Crow:: Um, I mean 'independent and self-reliant female person who's not an object to be ogled or used solely for my own personal amusement and pleasure'.

::Shitbot:: Affirmative. I will stop doing this thing that I love and that makes me feel happy and fulfilled to follow you to the next stop on our pointless, depressing journey.

#28 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 22:58

Personally, I think Abnaxus is the 'oracle' of DFC. He knows so much. Also, I'm not sure anyone has mentioned it, but did you notice that Abnaxus wears a Balance medallion around his neck?

• the red of the kin likes this

#29 Yarrozu

Yarrozu

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in between~

Posted 29 January 2016 - 23:43

Personally, I think Abnaxus is the 'oracle' of DFC. He knows so much. Also, I'm not sure anyone has mentioned it, but did you notice that Abnaxus wears a Balance medallion around his neck?

yeah! one of the first things I noticed when we met him again and the start. I don't remember if he had one on in TLJ though? I definitely agree on the oracle of DFC too and I think he was also definitely holding back on telling Zoe everything he knew. I like that thought, lets her complete her journey of discovery so she has a deeper understanding of what her place is in the universe and it gives us that chance to come along for the ride.

::Cortez:: Vamos. Enter the light.

::April:: Don't say that. It sounds too ominous. Just... tell me what's gonna happen.

::Cortez:: You're about to take the first step on the longest journey of your life.

::Zoë:: It was nice chatting with you, Crow. It's been very informative.

::Crow:: Glad to help, doll.

::Zoë:: 'Doll'?

::Crow:: Um, I mean 'independent and self-reliant female person who's not an object to be ogled or used solely for my own personal amusement and pleasure'.

::Shitbot:: Affirmative. I will stop doing this thing that I love and that makes me feel happy and fulfilled to follow you to the next stop on our pointless, depressing journey.

#30 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 29 January 2016 - 23:47

yeah! one of the first things I noticed when we met him again and the start. I don't remember if he had one on in TLJ though? I definitely agree on the oracle of DFC too and I think he was also definitely holding back on telling Zoe everything he knew. I like that thought, lets her complete her journey of discovery so she has a deeper understanding of what her place is in the universe and it gives us that chance to come along for the ride.

His sprite in TLJ was pretty low-resolution - I don't recall being able to tell whether he was wearing pants in TLJ, let alone that Balance medal. :)
  • ChrisR and Yarrozu like this

#31 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 00:05

I think he was also definitely holding back on telling Zoe everything he knew.

Abnaxus says exactly that right after Lux merges with Zoe, Zoe disappears, and Crow flies away. Abnaxus asks the Oular next to him if he thinks he (Abnaxus) should have told Zoe everything.

• Pawlo_86 and the red of the kin like this

#32 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:17

I've been thinking about this for a while, after playing the games I definitely got the impression that Zoe was in a way made. I suspect this has a lot to do with her mom, made in the same way they did Faith, only Zoe was the 'successful' experiment but she wasn't known to Wati or anything. I hope we'll get some background info on her mom, I'm not 100% convinced she's all bad nor all benevolent towered Zoe. Wasn't there something in games where someone (Abnaxus or one of the Draic?) was saying they weren't expecting Zoe to exist, something like that?

Shit, you may be right. I never thought of that. When the Yaga said something "made" her, I assumed they meant she was dreaming herself there from Stark, but that's a far more likely possibility. I think we're all pretty sure that Book Five will hold answers about Wati and Helena, so that would be the perfect time to reveal something like this, too. Maybe Faith was born the same way but went back to Lux when she died. So Zoe needs to die and go back to Storytime after she "fixes" everything in Stark.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#33 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:48

did you notice that Abnaxus wears a Balance medallion around his neck?

There's a gigantic balance symbol on his abode's first floor ceiling too :)

#34 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:56

Lux is a big mystery for me. And Yaga. Why Yaga was divided to 3 parts? The Yaga was One but after Lux's Dream it became Three.

Lux-Zoe scene is one of best moments in Dreamfall Chapters and whole saga.
  • inspector, the red of the kin and Yarrozu like this

#35 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 14:42

It could be some kind of Christian reference: a Father, Son, Holy Ghost type of thing.

#36 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 30 January 2016 - 16:55

It could be some kind of Christian reference: a Father, Son, Holy Ghost type of thing.

Right - the maid/matron/crone triple unity is a thing in neopaganism: https://en.m.wikiped...ss_(Neopaganism)
  • inspector likes this

#37 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 18:15

Lux is a big mystery for me. And Yaga. Why Yaga was divided to 3 parts? The Yaga was One but after Lux's Dream it became Three.

Lux-Zoe scene is one of best moments in Dreamfall Chapters and whole saga.

I so agree! I also loved the Zoe-Yaga part a lot. Book 4 what very epic..got the goose bumps just thinking about it actually.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#38 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 19:50

Right - the maid/matron/crone triple unity is a thing in neopaganism: https://en.m.wikiped...ss_(Neopaganism)

That sounds like a much better fit than Father, Son, Holy Ghost, particularly as the 3 parts of Yaga are female. :)

#39 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:27

An even better fit might be the three aspects of Hecate.  Or the three Fates.

#40 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 18:38

Yes, Hecate would make sense. I'd forgotten about her. Maybe the best fitting part is that she was first a single form then became triple, just like Yaga.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lux, twin worlds, dragon, sims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users