10 replies to this topic

#1 burnsflipper

burnsflipper

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:07

One of the Kickstarter stretch goals I've been really looking forward to is The Loremaster. Two of the sequences I really enjoyed in The Longest Journey were listening to the Alatian tales, and reading the books in the Enclave, reading the myths and legends of Arcadia. I'm currently about 1 hour in playing Chapter 4 (so please no spoilers), and I just wanted to make sure that the stretch goals that we passed haven't been forgotten.

The ones I'm looking forward to:

• collecting and reading books for the in-game library
  • in-game gallery
  • Director's Cut with commentary

And the extras:

• Journey's Birth audiobook
  • Journeys graphic novel
  • The Tome of the Balance ebook
  • Map of Arcadia

Will we get to vote on who voices the audiobooks?

#2 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:17

They haven't been forgotten, just delayed.  RTG seems to be focusing on finishing the game.  After that happens, they will focus on the kickstarter stuff.  Fact is, RTG is a really small team, and DFC has become much larger and more demanding than they originally planned.  Wait until Book 5 comes out.  I believe that is when we'll start hearing about all this stuff.

#3 burnsflipper

burnsflipper

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:30

Thanks. Most of the things I mentioned above can be added after the game is finished, apart from The Loremaster - this is an active part of the game, not additional content which you could access from the menu - so I need to make sure this is highlighted and included in the gameplay before the devs finish making Book 5.

#4 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:55

From what I understand, a lot of this extra stuff is done, more or less, but just has to be added to the game, which they will do.  I don't think it would be too difficult to add in, but they do have to spend time finishing it, coding it, and then testing it.  Nobody has forgotten about it.

Plus, I'm not sure how "active" the Loremaster part really will be.  More of a side-quest optional type thing than part of the main story.

#5 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 17:57

The campaign page says only that the LoreMaster goal will provide an "in-game library, books and lore". I don't read that to mean that it's an active part of the game, at least not in the sense that it affects game play in any way except that it could take up a lot of time to explore.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#6 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 December 2015 - 18:23

When the stretch goal was announced/explained in one of the eary Kickstarter updates it was pitched as involving recovering books and bringing them back to the library. 

That may have changed since then, but it was intended to be an active (optional) part of game play. 

But yeah, that should be one of the ones that's added in later. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#7 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 19:12

If it's not clear, what agirlnamedbob said is what I meant as well, except I prefer to not think of retrieving books as an active part of the game. For me at least, active parts of the game have to affect, or be affected by, the choices and decisions made by the player.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#8 chrisis

chrisis

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAustria, somewhere in the mountains

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:18

So, now that book 5 is out... any news on the relase of the promised additional content? Especially the eBooks?

#9 Miral

Miral

Fringe Café Regular

• Drachkin
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:21

I don't think there's been any official word yet, but Ragnar did mention that their next focus is the Complete Edition (or something like that, I forget the exact name), and he hinted that it would include a developer commentary.  Hopefully it also includes the Archive.  I imagine the eBooks would probably come after that.

#10 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:24

Yes, all in-game kickstarter stuff should be part of the Complete Edition (or whatever he decides to call it, he keeps changing it).

As for the other awards, I'm hoping to hear soon.

#11 Crrooss

Crrooss

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 00:54

So, sadly look like a we have not an in game library and books to read. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users