Photo

We want your honest feedback, help and suggestions!

• Please log in to reply
583 replies to this topic

#561 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 13 October 2016 - 20:18

Were those lines ever actually recorded?

• Vainamoinen likes this

#562 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 20:52

Not to my knowledge, no. There were some Ragnar quotes on the matter, though... that's been long, long, looong ago and I'm too tired to dig them out. Something along the lines of "no, they were meant to be silent right from the beginning, through the entirety of the development cycle and we never changed our opinion on it, ever". :)

• Riaise and MisterMetropolis like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#563 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 13 October 2016 - 20:54

Not to my knowledge, no. There were some Ragnar quotes on the matter, though... that's been long, long, looong ago and I'm too tired to dig them out. Something along the lines of "no, they were meant to be silent right from the beginning, through the entirety of the development cycle and we never changed our opinion on it, ever". :)

Yeah, but we can't be sure if he was being serious or if he was just messing with us, as he is wont to do.

#564 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 13:12

I may have been exaggerating a little FYI.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#565 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3089 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 13:55

What names is all this about?

#566 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 October 2016 - 14:24

If you examine the panel outside Seshadri Tower, Zoë will read out some random company names (mostly jokes including members of RTG) but there's no audio, just text.

• Indrid Cold, the red of the kin and LootHunter like this

#567 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3089 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 16:22

If you examine the panel outside Seshadri Tower, Zoë will read out some random company names (mostly jokes including members of RTG) but there's no audio, just text.

I can't believe I never noticed that. I'll try it next time I play.
  • Riaise and Mr_Russ like this

#568 LootHunter

LootHunter

Fringe Café Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 20 October 2016 - 21:08

Question - at this point of development, are there any new voice recording planned/possible?

#569 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 October 2016 - 13:42

No idea. They probably wouldn't tell us if there was, just to keep some things as a surprise.

I've had a thought (if the team are still reading this thread) - as far as I can remember quite a few people seemed to be confused by the "ignore Reza" choice at the end of Book One, thinking that by speaking to him they would continue the argument, so perhaps Zoë's thoughts on that could be clarified a bit better? Or the choice could be changed to "make up with Reza" or "apologise to Reza", which would imply that ignoring him is the antagonisitic choice. I don't really know, it was just something that came to me after reading another thread recently.

#570 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 15:41

No idea. They probably wouldn't tell us if there was, just to keep some things as a surprise.

Stretch goals like the museum actually require more voice acting, I'd say...
  • Riaise likes this

#571 LootHunter

LootHunter

Fringe Café Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:37

As I'm playing DFC second time, I noticed that when I loose during the action sequences restart looks very game-like. It would be cool if restart was made like it was just thoughts of a protagonist. There is one moment in DFC that made this way - when Zoe wakes up and must choose to dodge or distract the guy with the pistol. If you fail to make a choice in time, game restarts... And we see Zoe wakes up and must choose. So the whole scene looks like failed attempt was a dream.

Essentially I'm posting this just in case. Considering all things devs hardly have enough resources now to get all action sequences this way. (((

• Starseeker likes this

#572 Dreamshock

Dreamshock

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:47

I finally beat Dreamfall Chapters and I loved it! It was perfect! Well, nothing is perfect, but it was pretty darn good! I'm so glad I backed the game with the chump change I had back in the day. Whenever the next TLJ installment comes out, I am going to be fully on board. Draugen looks awesome too.

With the budget that DFC had, I thought the game far exceeded my expectations. I'm very curious about Saga and I'm wondering if she'll have a role to play in future games.

• the red of the kin likes this

#573 Dagget

Dagget

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 December 2016 - 00:35

Another suggestion.

When you put out the 'Final' version of the game, you should also make available a short demo/benchmark.  It can serve as both promotional material and to also allow potential buyers to be sure their computer can run the game.  A good comparison would be the excellent Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward benchmark.  It shows several minutes of traveling about and fighting creatures and ends with a benchmark score and rating of suitability for the test computer.  Players can see and tweak visual settings as well.  

A DFC demo/benchmark lasting perhaps a minute or 2 could show some vistas and characters roaming about, but with no spoilers, and give the user access to the same visual settings menu the actual game has, and end with a score and some indication of how well it runs on the prospects computer.  End result will be more promotional content, and fewer people buying the game, only to be frustrated with poor performance on their equipment.

The FFXIV Benchmark/demo

http://na.finalfanta....com/benchmark/

• MisterMetropolis, bongboy and Starseeker like this

#574 LootHunter

LootHunter

Fringe Café Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:16

Another suggestion.

When you put out the 'Final' version of the game, you should also make available a short demo/benchmark.  It can serve as both promotional material and to also allow potential buyers to be sure their computer can run the game.  A good comparison would be the excellent Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward benchmark.  It shows several minutes of traveling about and fighting creatures and ends with a benchmark score and rating of suitability for the test computer.  Players can see and tweak visual settings as well.  

A DFC demo/benchmark lasting perhaps a minute or 2

Why not to put out first book/chapter for free then? Many episodic games like King's Quest, Life is Strange, TellTale movies games were put out this way.

#575 Dagget

Dagget

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 December 2016 - 13:39

I see Unity has Vulkan support set for v5.6.  Don't know if RTG has frozen the version of Unity they are using or can bump up to 5.6 but Vulkan support would be very nice (and cross-platform).

• bongboy likes this

#576 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2016 - 15:52

So far they didn't really get lucky when it came to Unity Updates. Also exploiting the possibilities of Vulkan(and DX12) means handling more of the rendering explicitly, which can make things faster but also needs more development work.

#577 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 20:28

Why not to put out first book/chapter for free then? Many episodic games like King's Quest, Life is Strange, TellTale movies games were put out this way.

Or they can make the original version of Chapter 1 a free demo (the Unity 5 version though) so that it still exists somewhere and the full game can still be a new experience.

• Riaise likes this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#578 LootHunter

LootHunter

Fringe Café Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 25 December 2016 - 04:53

As I'm playing the game now, I noticed that there is no animation for Bip when he eats sandwitch. Is it a bug, or this animation simply wasn't done due to lack of resources? Will it be added for "final cut"? Should I tell about other such "cuts" or "inconcistencies" in dialogues and cut scenes?

#579 mmax

mmax

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 16:34

I finally decided to play this game for the first time, though I backed it on Kickstarter from beginning.

I thought it will be polished if its called "final cut".

Here things I do NOT like the most:

1. Lip-sync of the dialogues is TERRIBLE. Sometimes the character do not even open their mouth. And here and there some word is missing.

2. BAD language & sexual reference stuff. I would appreciate some kind of "parental switch/filter" to turn off the cursing and all the dirty references (cock & puss, "I'm  hard as Nirgali Steel", I dont need to know that Kian is gay, many things what Mira says...) There wasnt such stuff in TLJ or Dreamfall, so why it is here in DF:Chapters ?

What I like:

1. Environment & FX & Lighting. The models and textures were perfect.

2. Story

3. Characters: Crow, Enu, Anna, Saga, Wonkers

4. How the story completes in The House of all worlds

5. Music Also the reused tracks form TLJ

6. Removed scenes

7. Concept art

What I dont like but I do forgive (can live with it):

1:Choices system - Its modern, others may like it

2:Hair on characters - looked like a plastic doll

3:Glitches: missing colliders (crates in Pandemonium), overlapping parts of characters mainly in cutscenes (hands through the bodies), floating objects (books in Saga's home) and many others

4.No character reflections in puddles. Probably Unity doesnt support that

5.Kian - I would prefer more Saga than Kian

I would rather not think about the story ending scenes (wakening in JIVA, Engine core room and Lux & Undreamer) much, because I might find some illogical things and it might disappoint me.

And Im waiting for the PDF storybook...

#580 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1845 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 27 December 2017 - 18:05

2. BAD language & sexual reference stuff. I would appreciate some kind of "parental switch/filter" to turn off the cursing and all the dirty references (cock & puss, "I'm  hard as Nirgali Steel", I dont need to know that Kian is gay, many things what Mira says...) There wasnt such stuff in TLJ or Dreamfall, so why it is here in DF:Chapters ?

All of that stuff was, maybe you just don't remember after all this time. TLJ more so. The game is labelled as a pegi 16 to boot. Just found this an odd thing to have any sort of issue with if you are TLJ fan.

• agirlnamedbob, khh, Ringtail and 5 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users