Photo

We want your honest feedback, help and suggestions!

• Please log in to reply
583 replies to this topic

#21 Magick_Lady

Magick_Lady

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:36

At bongboy : my laptop has 12 GB of ram , its the hp notebook envy 17 , so it should be up for the task 😉 But well , its still playable with some retries those hickups and eventually they will be gone wont they 😄😄😄
  • Igelwelt likes this

Magick_Lady

#22 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:38

At bongboy : my laptop has 12 GB of ram , its the hp notebook envy 17 , so it should be up for the task But well , its still playable with some retries those hickups and eventually they will be gone wont they

Perhaps the problem is overheating. Do you have any issues similar to this while playing any other games? I recommend getting a laptop cooler if you don't already have one. It could be just a random bug that happens to affect you, though. You never know.

• Magick_Lady likes this

#23 Alcarmo

Alcarmo

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:43

Haha, just one hour since releasing this thread and I´m quite sure that Ragnar and his team will have serious headaches :rolleyes:

I´m gonna make it easier for you:

1. Please add subtitles when NPCs are speaking

2. Any option how to disable "dual converstations/thinking"? Sometimes when I´m bored of repetitive sentences by clicking on the same target for more times....I click on some other target or person and Zoë´s thoughts about first target are mixed up with the other target or actual conversation with other person so as result I see dual subtitles and hear dual voice (or triple when the other person replies).....maybe only my problem but it´s kinda annoying

3. Some graphic environment doesn´t look realistic (water lilies don´t move on water at April´s funeral like they´ve been solidly stuck, no possibility to walk some stairs in Marcuria...)

4. If it´s possible please take a rest, stay calm and don´t rush anything even if many of us will force you to complete Book 5 asap :)

• CosmicD, Ninja Dodo, Moto200 and 3 others like this

"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself." - Vestrum Tobias

#24 Magick_Lady

Magick_Lady

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:44

As we start working our way towards the end of our story — sniff — as well as the upcoming console ports and 'complete edition' for existing platforms, we'll be revisiting previous episodes of Dreamfall Chapters. Part of this process is weeding out bugs, part of it (the most important part) is identifying the weak spots and evaluating what, if anything, we can do to improve the not-so-great bits.

This is where we'd like your honest, and constructive, feedback.

Which part(s) of the game do you like the least? Where would you like to see nips & tucks? Which scenes could be eliminated completely? Which puzzles are too frustrating? What's confusing? Where do the dialogues drag on? This isn't the thread where we seek your affirmation of our genius: this is where you get to tell us "this sucked, plz fix this".

It's really important to note that some things are not going to change. Don't like the story or the characters? Tough luck, we're not doing any radical makeovers there. Dislike the politics? Aww, too bad. Feel we should have made a 2D point-and-click adventure? This is not the place to vent your frustrations.

We're seeking constructive criticisms from those of you who have played (and enjoyed, at least in parts!) most of the game (books one through three, preferably four as well), feedback that can actually be implemented, fixes and changes that will streamline and improve what's already there, additions that can be realistically done by a small team within an incredibly tight time frame.

Simply complaining about core gameplay and story, the direction we've taken with the game and the design choices we've made will result in ignored posts. Offering clear, understandable, friendly feedback that helps us understand where the game could be stronger will result in actual tasks for the team.

Got all that? Sure? Any questions? No?

Okay. Ready, set…GO.

Perhaps the problem is overheating. Do you have any issues similar to this while playing any other games? I recommend getting a laptop cooler if you don't already have one.

Have that . With other games mostly a sudden delay effect of movement in match 3 thingies or hidden objects 😄 So maybe the cooler is not a good one . Its one a bit like a stand or maybe I play too long in one go / session

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Magick_Lady

#25 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:54

Have that . With other games mostly a sudden delay effect of movement in match 3 thingies or hidden objects So maybe the cooler is not a good one . Its one a bit like a stand or maybe I play too long in one go / session

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'd do some research about your laptop cooler to see how well it stacks up against others and possibly upgrade, if need be. If it is an overheating issue, it's damaging your computer. It's not good to let it overheat, sot it's well worth the money for a quality laptop cooler. Anyway, sorry for derailing this topic. Back to the topic at hand.

• Magick_Lady likes this

#26 ShardofTruth

ShardofTruth

Fringe Café Regular

• Drachkin
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:06

8. If it doesn't have that much of a narrative value... Queenie's last scene wasn't too well received judging from what I've seen in forums. Instead of the rocket chair exit, maybe her boat could in fact be seen departing.

Oh my god yes, that scene was so over the top, it left me speechless. At least give her a helmet or something and make the departure less ridiculous. At the moment it's really straight from the "I'm outta here" meme.

The Yaga hut puzzle was already mentioned, I also think that there should be a more "puzzly" way instead of this semi quick time event and I also would like to have an conclusion for the algae affair.

But at least in my opinion the worst sequence in DFC yet is the underground labyrinth walk with Hannah, especially coming back from the Nella's exposition part. Yeah, they are both in a rush but I think it would still be better to include a real dialogue scene and shorten the walking part by a great deal.
Normally I don't have anything against simply walking around (I love the Propast/Marcuria exploration parts) but this underground maintenance corridors are just boring to look at and stopping every minute to open another gate gets old really fast.
  • Vainamoinen and Igelwelt like this

#27 Alcarmo

Alcarmo

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:34

Ok, I just remember the other thing that didn´t feel right but I guess there´s no chance to modify it - the repetitiveness of voice actors.

Even if they try to sound different, the persons are still easily recognizable ;) 

Sounds more like complain but here´s my suggestion - don´t try to use same voice actors for more characters in the future :D 

(I guess it was only time- and money savings in this case and I get you´re a small group, so just suggestion :))

• Vainamoinen and Igelwelt like this

"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself." - Vestrum Tobias

#28 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:46

Just jumping in to clarify: suggestions about how we can do things better in the future are nice, but that's not what this thread is about. We're looking for specific feedback about books one through four in terms of gameplay mechanics, puzzles, cinematics, dialogues — stuff we can take a look at and maybe improve for future versions of the game. We can always create another thread with suggestions about how to approach game design and production for Draugen and future titles, but this ain't it.

EDIT: Oh, and while we totally understand how frustrating poor performance can make playing the game, it's not really something we can fix. We can make further tweaks and optimisations, but it won't result in a huge difference. Unity 5 has limitations, we're pushing the engine to its limits, and if the game runs poorly even on low settings, there really is no good solution, unfortunately.

• agirlnamedbob, Vainamoinen, Indrid Cold and 1 other like this

#29 Adam Jensen

Adam Jensen

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:47

I´m gonna make it easier for you:

2. Any option how to disable "dual converstations/thinking"? Sometimes when I´m bored of repetitive sentences by clicking on the same target for more times....I click on some other target or person and Zoë´s thoughts about first target are mixed up with the other target or actual conversation with other person so as result I see dual subtitles and hear dual voice (or triple when the other person replies).....maybe only my problem but it´s kinda annoying

Please DON'T disable that! This option is pure genius, as it practically eliminates cutting off dialogue. If anything, add more of it, because the way it works now, IIRC, is that lines which are of different "type" (like thoughts and speech) overlap whereas comments of the same "type" (like two spoken comments) cut each other off. I hate when dialogue gets cut off, it hurts immersion. A little overlapping is infinitely preferable, to my mind.

I also loved that you could have a semi-cutscene dialogue which could have been interrupted by interacting with world (like looking at an object) and then the dialogue just continued after the interaction. It worked especially well in the conversation with Hanna in the tunnels - the characters were talking and I walked through a gate, triggering another conversation. I was certain I wouldn't be able to hear the rest of the previous dialogue as I progressed to quickly, and then, to my utter surprise, after the second conversation was over they just returned to the previous one.

I can't help thinking these two issues are connected. So again, please, don't scrap overlapping dialogue.

• Igelwelt likes this

#30 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:51

Just jumping in to clarify: suggestions about how we can do things better in the future are nice, but that's not what this thread is about. We're looking for specific feedback about books one through four in terms of gameplay mechanics, puzzles, cinematics, dialogues — stuff we can take a look at and maybe improve for future versions of the game. We can always create another thread with suggestions about how to approach game design and production for Draugen and future titles, but this ain't it.

- less backtracking in Book Two,

- more explotration in Book Four,

• Igelwelt and gailreg like this

#31 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 17 December 2015 - 13:04

- less backtracking in Book Two,

- more explotration in Book Four,

Succinct :)

• khh and Igelwelt like this

#32 Emmote

Emmote

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 13:04

The only thing I can really ask to get streamlined is Kian's book 2 segments. They can feel quite drawn out and long-winded.

Besides that, the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the people dancing in book 4 to music in the courtyard, but nobody playing instruments. Magic music? ^^

• MisterMetropolis, Luna, Pawlo_86 and 1 other like this

--Emmo

#33 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 17 December 2015 - 13:08

So, no structurally humongous stuff. That means that cutting scenes from the game is probably not a good idea.

Cutting stuff is perfectly fine — and we will accept suggestions! — along as it doesn't break the story or leave out important information. We absolutely believe in trimming some of the less-fun parts. We just need some input on what those are.

• Igelwelt likes this

#34 Magick_Lady

Magick_Lady

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 17 December 2015 - 13:14

I'd do some research about your laptop cooler to see how well it stacks up against others and possibly upgrade, if need be. If it is an overheating issue, it's damaging your computer. It's not good to let it overheat, sot it's well worth the money for a quality laptop cooler. Anyway, sorry for derailing this topic. Back to the topic at hand.

Magick_Lady

#35 Magick_Lady

Magick_Lady

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 17 December 2015 - 13:16

Also with those walks into nothingness . The sound goes funny / crackling ...... Or is that also due to overheating bongboy ?
  • CosmicD likes this

Magick_Lady

#36 DreamCollision

DreamCollision

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 13:21

EDIT: Oh, and while we totally understand how frustrating poor performance can make playing the game, it's not really something we can fix. We can make further tweaks and optimisations, but it won't result in a huge difference. Unity 5 has limitations, we're pushing the engine to its limits, and if the game runs poorly even on low settings, there really is no good solution, unfortunately.

But you can avoid/improve/tweak puzzles that are just solveable with good framerates, just like the Yaga house puzzle? Everything else works somehow, but those timed sequence events...oh boy... :unsure:  I mean that is honestly the only thing I could ever critizise...

• Igelwelt likes this

#37 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 13:22

Also with those walks into nothingness . The sound goes funny / crackling ...... Or is that also due to overheating bongboy ?

I have no idea.

• Magick_Lady likes this

#38 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 13:27

So far I don't really see anything that annoys or befuddles me beyond belief. I haven't yet had a rubber ducky moment. Seriously, man, what were you on when you came up with that? :)

• toremygg and Magick_Lady like this

#39 Adam Jensen

Adam Jensen

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 December 2015 - 13:39

Oh, here's a super-detailed one: Consider enabling catching the rat in Marcuria by first combining the pipe and the piece of cheese in the inventory, and then putting it on the ground. I wanted to do that but couldn't, you have to put the pipe on the ground first and then put a piece of cheese in it. I ended up going with the go-to-sleep plant and my Kian felt like a dork.

• agirlnamedbob, khh, Mr Moo and 2 others like this

#40 Moto200

Moto200

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationDundee, UK / Lublin, PL

Posted 17 December 2015 - 13:49

I think these are the most jarring, unadressed issues that people might pick up on and say, "this ain't finished":

1. Please add subtitles when NPCs are speaking

And I'd add two of mine --

3. Pointing at the traitor in the market - NPCs respawning in pairs every so often at the same location, then walking through geometry and getting stuck before respawning again, U5 didn't help with that. This is the only obviously broken part of the game I've experienced.

4. A little detail that I think people might be upset about (because it's such a weird thing to overlook) - when opening your inventory, if you need to scroll all the way to an object on the right, you have to wait for every consecutive item to finish the zooming animation. It's all in the details.

Personally, I don't even think this game needs an inventory system that much... except for a few puzzles about putting things in order, the items could've been handled contextually, there's usually a simgle time and place for an item anyway. But when you do have to use them, please get rid of the delays so that it goes as swift as possible :)

• Igelwelt likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users