Photo

Open voice acting jobs for Dreamfall chapters (primarily german dub)?

voice acting dreamfall chapters

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cherrytree77

cherrytree77

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 23:21

Hia!

I was wondering if it was possible to get voice acting jobs for DFC.
If yes,how can we fans get involved(german in my case, but honestly if possible I would also love an english part)?
Let's say apply to Red Thread / apply to the studio that does the voice overs?
Anything? It would be a cool way for us to be part of the game.

And I know I have to ask now because only book 5 is left. I know the german dub of book 4 hasn't been released yet, but they're probably recording it right now.

xoxo

• Niklon likes this

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11224 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 December 2015 - 23:26

Hi cherrytree77, 

Keep in mind I'm just a moderator. I don't work for RTG. But I would imagine they've got most of their voice actors for the English version locked down at this point. Like you said, only one book left. And I'm not sure what channels they work through to find voice actors. 

For the German version, they do not handle the translation themselves. There is a different company that handles the translation (subtitles and voice work) so I believe they would be the ones who you would have to get in touch with on that front. I don't have any sort of contact information for them, though. 

• DiskJunky likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3 cherrytree77

cherrytree77

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 17:31

Ok makes sense. I did not find them by googling. I can't really look into the credits right now because I don't have a computer atm.

Does anybody in the forum have the information?

#4 Dagget

Dagget

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 December 2015 - 20:12

Regarding voice acting - Does RTG have to pay everyone that records a voice for the game?  Or can they have staff who is already getting paid for other work on the game to record some voices at no extra cost?  What about computer-generated voices passed off as real (meaning human or magical beings)?  I'm wondering where the actors union gets its' nose into this sort of thing?  Oh, and if we need any human-over-the-intercom voice, how about tabbing Colin Cragg?  He did a bang up job years ago as the voice of the pilot of a space shuttle shot out of the sky by aliens...

#5 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7098 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 December 2015 - 20:38

I believe they pay for all the voice work, and that it's all done in a proper recording studio by professional actors. With the possible exception of ~7 year old Saga.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#6 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 20:44

That said, I can't see how any union could object if RTG decided to use in-house talent for voices. It's their game, their product. If staff are willing to do it, so be it.

• bongboy likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#7 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 17 December 2015 - 21:02

That said, I can't see how any union could object if RTG decided to use in-house talent for voices. It's their game, their product. If staff are willing to do it, so be it.

That kind of reminds me of how Robert Rodriguez refused to spend any money on "El Mariachi" to the point that he paid the actors extra to also be the crew, because that was cheaper than hiring two sets of people.

Box Office

Budget: $7,000 (estimated)
Gross:

$2,040,920 (USA)

That's a Guinness world record for the lowest-budget movie to make $1 million at the US box office.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: voice acting, dreamfall chapters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users