Photo

And the most important book is.......

Books

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Your preferred book (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the best/most important Book released so far?

1. Book 1 (5 votes [15.62%])

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

2. Book 2 (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

3. Book 3 (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

4. Book 4 (22 votes [68.75%])

Percentage of vote: 68.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 lars

lars

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLyon, France

Posted 06 December 2015 - 14:08

With the avent of book 4 the tension is rising, and we are feverishly awaiting Book 5.

(In my opinion likely due for the month that is the namesake of our heroin from TLJ.)

Naturally one finds the latest book the best, full of action and novelty.

However after thinking and considering the whole story up to this point it might appear that one of the other chapters is really key, and more important

Personally I hesitate between Book 2, and Book 3 (I voted Book 3, but might change it later).

I'll be very interested to have your opinion.

Used with Steam version                      Used with HumbleBundle version

El Capitain 10.11 beta 4                                       El Capitan 10.11.2

Macbook 12 pouces                                             MacMini 2012

1,2 GHz Intel Core M                                            2,5 GHz Intel Core I5

8Go 1600 MHz DDR                                            16 GO 1600 MHZ DDR3

Resolution 2304 x 1440 SSD                               Resolution 1680 x 1050 SSD 500 Go

Intel Graphics 5300 1536 Mo                               Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 Mo

#2 Alpan

Alpan

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIstanbul, Turkey

Posted 06 December 2015 - 14:24

There was very little wrong with Book 4 -- I really liked it, if only because it was the first book I played post-Unity 5.0, on my new computer. It felt like the true DFC experience RTG intended from the very start of the series. The new lighting system is a godsend.

Is it my favouite? Well, each subsequent book has so far added to the mystery rather than resolve things, so I'm not going to judge the books based on their impact on the story. So my pick is probably Book 1, because I'm more fond of the Stark segments, and I just love everything about Propast, the characters that inhabit it and its cyberpunk aesthetics. At some point I'll probably replay the game for this reason alone.

#3 Vardark

Vardark

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 14:41

Book 5 is an option, but not 4? :P

• the red of the kin likes this

#4 lars

lars

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLyon, France

Posted 06 December 2015 - 15:07

Book 5 is an option, but not 4? :P

Red in the face  :wacko:

Must have been my impatience in to see Book 5  ;)

• Nancy Brown, the red of the kin and Mystic like this

Used with Steam version                      Used with HumbleBundle version

El Capitain 10.11 beta 4                                       El Capitan 10.11.2

Macbook 12 pouces                                             MacMini 2012

1,2 GHz Intel Core M                                            2,5 GHz Intel Core I5

8Go 1600 MHz DDR                                            16 GO 1600 MHZ DDR3

Resolution 2304 x 1440 SSD                               Resolution 1680 x 1050 SSD 500 Go

Intel Graphics 5300 1536 Mo                               Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 Mo

#5 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 06 December 2015 - 15:11

I voted for 5! ^___^

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#6 OptoNick

OptoNick

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 06 December 2015 - 15:33

From current POV - Book 1, since it's the point where story has a new lift-off. It had brought a lot of information which is valuable regardless of the ending.

Book 4 seems like second on the list, 'cause we are closing in to the source of ontological conflict and its divine and human incarnations. There was a glance on the bigger picture, which was missing since the Storytime scene in Book 1. So it's also important regardless of the resolutions in Book 5.

Book 2 and 3 were focused on local conflicts and characters, and most of them have a very questionable importance so far (Anna/Alayna, for example). Will see.

#7 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:30

Book 4 wins easily, it's the only one that truly captures this saga's spirit.
  • Pawlo_86 likes this

#8 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:19

While Book Four: Revelations is the best part of Dreamfall Chapters so far I think that most important is Book Three: Realms. Its impact point, game changer, the part of DFC when plot started to moving forward. Book Three is streamlined and intense. Its a build for epic journey in Book Four.

#9 Adam Jensen

Adam Jensen

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 January 2016 - 19:54

As we are currently waiting for Book 5, that is the most important one ATM :) The only question is, what will arrive first - Book Five or a new graphics card for my PC ;) (the latter would let me play Book 5, and indeed all of DFC, without lag, which sadly is not the case with Intel integrated graphics)

• Mr_Russ likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Books

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users