2 replies to this topic

#1 LcS

LcS

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 13:05

Hello !

As many have already repported, i'm also experiencing a hudge issue about framerate on this game.

Strangelly this lack of framerate start with the game. The menu is very slow (even the "press to start").

The sound is just perfect (no latence), but the display don't follow.

I've try many things, like playing windowed with everything at low quality, but it is not a real success.

For information, my configuration (and many technicals things) in the hardinfo attached.

• Processor : 4x Intel® Core™ i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz
  • Memory : 10114MB
  • Operating System : Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca
  • VGA compatible controller : Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller

If you have any clue (or any incoming patch) to help, i'll be happy to test further.

PS : this laptop runs many game greedy on resources (and somes that use Unity3D like "Hard West" or "Kill The Bad Guy")

Attached Files

• Bluelikevelvet likes this

#2 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 09 December 2015 - 13:30

Seems to be a graphics driver issue (which is often the case on Linux) as the audio is running fine, but video rendering is slow.

We don't have a machine of similar hardware as you to test with so we don't really have a way to reproduce it.

However, with the default graphics driver that comes with Ubuntu (Nouveau) we have the same issue (video rendering too slow). Updating the graphics driver to the latest version from the respective hardware manufacturer (AMD/Nvidia in our case) fixes the issue and the game runs as intended.

So that's what comes to mind with your issue as well. I'm sorry I can't say anything more for certain at this point.

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#3 LcS

LcS

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 14:56

Hello !

I've try with the last version of the drivers from Intel https://01.org/linux...ler-linux-1.2.1 but without more success.

For information, the CPU usage is very low with this game (and i don't have any power saving policie).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: linux, framerate, performance, CPU, GPU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users