Photo
- - - - -

kian sneaking into guarded door

Best Answer khh , 06 December 2015 - 10:24

A hint

Spoiler

Solution
Spoiler

On a totally unrelated note, I saw a bunch of stuff on the other forums about how unity 5 was supposed to help performance but I've only seen mine get worse, sometimes significantly (like trying to point crow at the barrels in the city green). I know I have a bottom of the line PC but I was doing OK at 1024x768/min settings and now its almost unplayable in some areas. Has anyone else seen the same? Any thoughts on how to improve performance?

It is particularly for computers with a GPU that's stronger than the CPU that performance will improve. For computers where the CPU and GPU are matched, or the CPU is stronger, there shouldn't be much of a change. And for most people that's been the case, there hasn't been much change. However some people have experienced what you're describing, that performance has gotten worse. As far as I'm aware there isn't much that can really be done about this, other than lowering settings, if they'r not already low. Sorry :/
(I should also state, just for the record, that I'm just a moderator on the forums and that I don't work for RTG. Just so there's no confusion there) Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 blah_blahson

blah_blahson

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:13

Hey all, I'm trying to get past the guarded door along the cliff face, while trying to sneak into the concentration camp. I've tried various angles but can't seem to get close enough/at the right angle to get past the guard. I thought I might back up and try to get the telescope from the previous set of guards but can't figure out how to get back, and when I reverted to an earlier save I can't seem to get the telescope from those guys. Could I get a bit of a hint on how to move forward here?

On a totally unrelated note, I saw a bunch of stuff on the other forums about how unity 5 was supposed to help performance but I've only seen mine get worse, sometimes significantly (like trying to point crow at the barrels in the city green). I know I have a bottom of the line PC but I was doing OK at 1024x768/min settings and now its almost unplayable in some areas. Has anyone else seen the same? Any thoughts on how to improve performance?

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:24   Best Answer

A hint
Spoiler

Solution
Spoiler

It is particularly for computers with a GPU that's stronger than the CPU that performance will improve. For computers where the CPU and GPU are matched, or the CPU is stronger, there shouldn't be much of a change. And for most people that's been the case, there hasn't been much change. However some people have experienced what you're describing, that performance has gotten worse. As far as I'm aware there isn't much that can really be done about this, other than lowering settings, if they'r not already low. Sorry :/
(I should also state, just for the record, that I'm just a moderator on the forums and that I don't work for RTG. Just so there's no confusion there)

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 blah_blahson

blah_blahson

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:19

A hint

Spoiler

(I should also state, just for the record, that I'm just a moderator on the forums and that I don't work for RTG. Just so there's no confusion there)

Ah thats perfect, can't believe I missed that. Oh well.

Thats too bad on the performance front. Maybe I've just got to bite the bullet and lug out my old desktop. 

Thanks for your help

#4 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:36

I'm stuck in the place but 

Spoiler

#5 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:12

I'm stuck in the place but 

Spoiler

Hint: 

Spoiler

Solution: 

Spoiler

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#6 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:26

It was the timing that was messing me up.  It's quite finicky and if you do it too early, a dialogue option happens that puts the bloody thing back in your inventory.

• agirlnamedbob and Mr_Russ like this

#7 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:30

Yeah. I had some trouble there, too. I'm using a controller and the inventory is a little less intuitive (or I just suck at it... ...probably that one) so I had a bit of an issue there. And then the timing. They could probably adjust that window a hair to make it more forgiving.

(Edit: Also, sorry if it seemed like...belittling that I was covering the inventory part. Sometimes in troubleshooting it's turned out to be a problem with the the UI, so I figured it was worth mentioning.) 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#8 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:16

I will count myself lucky then. Once I figured out I needed the farglass I managed to get the code on my first try. Whew!!

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#9 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 20:26

I think my issue was that if I were doing this in real life, I'd have my scope trained on the door waiting for the guard to come out.  I wouldn't wait for him to come out and go to the keypad and then look through the scope because I'd be afraid I'd miss some of what he did while I got him in my field of view and adjusted the focus.

• agirlnamedbob and toremygg like this

#10 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 21:14

That's a fair point. RTG could have made it so that, when you click on the farglass, it trains your view on the code pad and triggers a guard to come out as well.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users