Photo

Book 3 Bug: Manual Override levelers. Cant Progress!

Book 3 Bug manual override levelers Bugs bug

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bmdds

bmdds

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 21:45

Hello, I need help.
The problem is in Book 3, Manual Override levelers. The Zoe can not hold the handle of the gate. I'm already tired of searching the internet for solution and only encounter the same problem and no answer. I'm stuck in this moment, I can not progress because Zoe can not hold the handle! I need help please!

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.png   206.7KB   1 downloads

#2 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 23:00

I remember having this issue.  I think you have to actually hold down the button to get her to hold the lever down.  It's not just a single click.

Unless there's some other issue here of course, but I remember being tripped up by this too.

• khh likes this

#3 bmdds

bmdds

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 23:25

If i hold the button, zoe dont push the handle, means, nothing happens... :/ 

#4 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:56

Either my memory is faulty (always a possibility), or in all the changes since book 3 came out, they've changed this particular part.  I remember having to hold it down, but I just opened up my save from then and tried it.  Single click, and she pushed it down.  She keeps it down till you move.  So I'm not sure what's going on here.  Maybe you're pressing an extra button or something?  I don't know.  Hopefully somebody else will have some ideas.

#5 bmdds

bmdds

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:48

I read in the steam someone with the same problem, and the team said had knowledge of it, it was in July, I hope that in December have already solution, otherwise I will ask for my money back .. I will not stay with a game buggy! I expect a response from the same.

#6 bmdds

bmdds

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:15

It is the same problem I have!

#7 bmdds

bmdds

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:49

Hello? Support??

#8 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:53

Hello? Support??

It's Sunday, the people at RTG work normal hours. And it doesn't appear that any of the users know anything that can be of help.

(And I'm just a moderator on the forums, I don't work for RTG)
  • agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#9 bmdds

bmdds

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 13:06

Ok, I did not know that the support had hours to respond to customer issues, but has all the time to sell the game!

There is no mention of this bug? Well just open the steam regarding this problem, and found at least 2 pages for this bug! Joining although the video I posted, is not mine, it was not me who did and apparently it's someone else with the same problem.

It is very simple: In Steam this problem was reported in June, we are in December, have had enough time to correct, if youhave no solution is simple, just give the money back, we were all happy and I can buy a game "clean" of bugs

#10 bmdds

bmdds

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 13:09

And if your role here is only moderate the Forum, want to know how I contact the RTG! Since players do not have the solution, it must then be the creators of the game to get the solution, not just put moderators waiting for the players to solve the bugs.

#11 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 December 2015 - 13:20

Ok, I did not know that the support had hours to respond to customer issues, but has all the time to sell the game!

The game is developed by a ~10 person indie studio. There's no big publisher with deep pockets and a big support structure there, and the game does not bring in enough revenue to hire dedicated 24 hours support staff. That would be very costly.

There is no mention of this bug? Well just open the steam regarding this problem, and found at least 2 pages for this bug! Joining although the video I posted, is not mine, it was not me who did and apparently it's someone else with the same problem.

It is very simple: In Steam this problem was reported in June, we are in December, have had enough time to correct, if youhave no solution is simple, just give the money back, we were all happy and I can buy a game "clean" of bugs

I don't quite understand what mean by "there is no mention of this bug?". As I said, I don't work for RTG. I don't have access to their code. I don't know what bugs are in their ticket list. I don't know all the bugs they've already patched. I don't know what might be regressions. So I can't address these things.

If you want a refund, though, you will have to ask Steam (or the store you bought the game from). That is not something that developers have anything to do with, that's all handled by the stores.

And if your role here is only moderate the Forum, want to know how I contact the RTG! Since players do not have the solution, it must then be the creators of the game to get the solution, not just put moderators waiting for the players to solve the bugs.

RTG checks these forums. Mostly during Norwegian work hours. Otherwise you can email them at support@redthreadgames.com
  • Tina and agirlnamedbob like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#12 bmdds

bmdds

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 13:34

Thank you!

#13 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 09 December 2015 - 13:23

The issue mentioned in the Steam topic from June is fixed.

We haven't had any problems in this section of the game since that was patched. We'll of course look into it, but from our extended number of testing playthrough (of the entire game) before launch and from testing the last few days, we can't reproduce this bug unfortunately.

This may be an issue with input hardware/drivers on your computer, sending multiple/too many clicks and keystrokes, but that's mainly a shot in the dark. I don't know what is causing this to occur for you, but it's very hard to say unless we manage to reproduce it.

If you submit a report through the in-game Bug Reporting tool during a game session where you encounter this bug, we'll get some files to hopefully reproduce this. I'm sorry that I can't help you any more at this point.

• Tina and agirlnamedbob like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Book 3 Bug, manual override levelers, Bugs, bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users