Vanya-illin

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:24

Emma can be Fraulein.

This is my current theory as well. After the meeting in Newport Emma kept tabs on Zoe. And when Zoe was suddenly in two places at once at the hospital, Emma intervened to buy the doctors' silence and move her comatose body to a secure facility. Helena Chang may in fact be the one observing Zoe, but as Emma's employee. As far as Gabriel, Reza and Wati know, Zoe has woken up with major memory holes. When Zoe took off for Europolis with Reza, Falk Friedman and Dr. Zelenka were hired to keep tabs and try to prod her memories to the surface. Wati was content to use Reza to monitor the state of her memories until Zoe started using a Dreamachine. They couldn't access her mind with it but I think Zoe started putting out signals uncomfortably similar to Faith's effect on Dreamnet; that's why the Eye showed up to capture or kill her.

• Oktalist and Shumu like this

#22 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 16:45

I must have missed this from Abnaxus, need to replay some.

But initial reaction to "Bloodless King", make me think of Brian W or the prophet, and it seems to me that the title does not fit Kian very well. 

Yes, I can't remember exactly what was said about the Bloodless King.  Is it clear that the Bloodless King is a good guy?..The term bloodless makes me think of something undead or synthetic, rather than a human being.

#23 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 17:01

Yes, I can't remember exactly what was said about the Bloodless King.  Is it clear that the Bloodless King is a good guy?..The term bloodless makes me think of something undead or synthetic, rather than a human being.

Usually, a "bloodless king" is one who came to power without having to shed blood, but it could mean something else in this case.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#24 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 17:42

Strange, I've never seen the term before.  Bloodless coup, yes, but I've never seen the term "bloodless" applied to the person who gets into power via a bloodless coup.  I don't even get anything when I google "bloodless king"...is it a translation from another language rather than an English expression?

#25 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 18:14

I'm not sure where I first heard it. It was in my childhood, I recall that, but that was a very long time ago....

#26 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 20 December 2015 - 18:55

I've not heard "bloodless King" before. It sort of reminds me of Shakespeare (Macbeth) and is ambiguous.

#27 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 20:18

Who knows, maybe I heard it in school, reading a play.

#28 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:45

I said it in another thread: I think it's Kian, or at least we're supposed to believe it's Kian. His name means King in Persian and Vamon said before that he has no blood.

• Pawlo_86 and Nancy Brown like this

#29 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:49

I said it in another thread: I think it's Kian, or at least we're supposed to believe it's Kian. His name means King in Persian and Vamon said before that he has no blood.

...and i believe that after his actions in Dreamer Cycle Kian can became a new ruler of Azadi.

#30 lars

lars

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLyon, France

Posted 21 December 2015 - 22:57

Usually, a "bloodless king" is one who came to power without having to shed blood, but it could mean something else in this case.

What about soulless? Meaning non-human or un-human?

Used with Steam version                      Used with HumbleBundle version

El Capitain 10.11 beta 4                                       El Capitan 10.11.2

Macbook 12 pouces                                             MacMini 2012

1,2 GHz Intel Core M                                            2,5 GHz Intel Core I5

8Go 1600 MHz DDR                                            16 GO 1600 MHZ DDR3

Resolution 2304 x 1440 SSD                               Resolution 1680 x 1050 SSD 500 Go

Intel Graphics 5300 1536 Mo                               Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 Mo

#31 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 22:59

I really don't know. It's possible I guess. That would rule Kian out though.

#32 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:53

Bloodless can also refer to somebody being very pale.  That would kind of rule out Kian, too.

#33 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:13

That would kind of rule out Kian, too.

For sure.

#34 msierchio

msierchio

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationBerkeley, California,US

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:28

Also, Queenie could be Fraulein. :)

Queenie is no Fräulein! She's an old lady (if not a Dragon!)

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#35 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:28

It's not impossible that the historical reference is in mind here - the Glorious (Bloodless) Revolution of 1688 in England.

The inference from that is that Kian becomes king of something without spilling blood.

#36 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3558 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:39

Queenie is no Fräulein! She's an old lady (if not a Dragon!)

I could be wrong, but when Fraülein was in use, I don't think it was limited to young unmarried women, just unmarried women. Of course, if she's a few millennia old, it might be pushing it. :P

#37 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 16:29

It's not impossible that the historical reference is in mind here - the Glorious (Bloodless) Revolution of 1688 in England.

The inference from that is that Kian becomes king of something without spilling blood.

Thank you. I believe that's the reference I was talking about.

#38 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 17:20

I suppose.  It's just that I've never heard William referred to as a bloodless King.  It seems kind of an odd construction to me since Kings normally don't have to shed blood to achieve the throne.  That's kind of the point of having a hereditary monarchy.

#39 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 17:27

I think, if you check the history of the English monarchy, you will find plenty of blood has been spilled, lots of conquering going on.

#40 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 17:38

Sure, but no monarch since Elizabeth I has had to spill it to become a monarch, unless you count Cromwell, who was not a King.  Thrones are normally inherited not captured by conquest. Other than the ones during the War of the Roses and Steven if you count him, I think all the Kings since William the Conqueror are bloodless in the sense that they got to the throne without bloodshed.  If you're counting blood shed for purposes other than becoming King, Kian isn't bloodless by any means.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Undreaming, Dreaming, Zoe, April, Brian Westhouse, Helena Chang, Crow, White Dragon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users