• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#261 ZhidBanda

ZhidBanda

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 18:02

Well then she would have realized that she is not really awake. However is she dreams herself to her hospital room, and they are keeping her body in a replica of her room as it is shown after Nela's bombing...that would be inconsistent or unlikely with Reza and Gabriel not knowing that she didn't actually wake up.

However if she just dreamed the fact of waking up...well that is more easy to explain.

#262 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 16:40

Well then she would have realized that she is not really awake.

I'm missing something here. I don't understand why she would have to realize this.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#263 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1332 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 09 January 2016 - 17:12

I'm missing something here. I don't understand why she would have to realize this.

If Zoe's Book One "waking up" happened in the same room as her physical body, she would have immediately figured out that she hadn't actually woken up, when she saw herself still lying there.
  • Riaise likes this

#264 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 20:12

Hmmmm, I can see what you're getting at. I was more thinking she would wake up in a dream version of her 'coma room".

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#265 ZhidBanda

ZhidBanda

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 22:10

Hmmmm, I can see what you're getting at. I was more thinking she would wake up in a dream version of her 'coma room".

So either she lands in a ''dream version/reshaped version'' or she dreamed everything...

#266 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1332 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:15

So either she lands in a ''dream version/reshaped version'' or she dreamed everything...

Or she "wakes up" in Book One in a different location from her physical body. For example, let's say she was originally hospitalized in Casablanca, but then Wati or Gabriel moved her somewhere else - maybe Europolis or Wati City. Assume for the sake of argument that this could happen without Storytime Zoe knowing about it, and that Wati or Gabriel keep paying for the Casablanca hospital room (no, I don't know why they'd do that - keeping up appearances, maybe?). So, when Storytime Zoe "wakes up" (but not really), she dreams herself to where she thinks she should be - the hospital room in Casablanca. Her physical body, meanwhile, is elsewhere.

So, it's plausible-ish. I do concede that there are problems with it as a theory, but I think the explanation is going to be messy in any event. (Assuming we get one in Book Five.)
  • Pawlo_86 and tummy ooh aah like this

#267 ZhidBanda

ZhidBanda

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:13

Watching Dreamfall again there are several elements that are present in Zoe's life and in Propast, like the map with the interface of her favourite cartoon, Emma's museum or Seshadri Tower

#268 ZhidBanda

ZhidBanda

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:18

Or she "wakes up" in Book One in a different location from her physical body. For example, let's say she was originally hospitalized in Casablanca, but then Wati or Gabriel moved her somewhere else - maybe Europolis or Wati City. Assume for the sake of argument that this could happen without Storytime Zoe knowing about it, and that Wati or Gabriel keep paying for the Casablanca hospital room (no, I don't know why they'd do that - keeping up appearances, maybe?). So, when Storytime Zoe "wakes up" (but not really), she dreams herself to where she thinks she should be - the hospital room in Casablanca. Her physical body, meanwhile, is elsewhere.

So, it's plausible-ish. I do concede that there are problems with it as a theory, but I think the explanation is going to be messy in any event. (Assuming we get one in Book Five.)

Thanks! I think that makes sense and I really prefer it as a theory than the ''all is a dream'' cliché

#269 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 19:42

Yes, the idea that she wakes up where she expects to wake up but her body has been moved seems simpler than my idea of her dreaming herself straight to Propast and essentially ret-conning her waking up and moving there with the help of Reza/Roman.

#270 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 10 January 2016 - 20:17

Thanks! I think that makes sense and I really prefer it as a theory than the ''all is a dream'' cliché

When I saw Inception and, most of all Inception's ending I thought it wasn't "all is a dream" cliché ;)

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zoe, Propast, April, Marcuria, Dreamer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users