• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#241 ZhidBanda

ZhidBanda

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:34

No we're not.  ZhidBanda is saying the same thing as you.  I'm saying her projection was in a different city than her body, not a different reality.

I don't think she dreamed herself into her room in Casablanca.  I think she dreamed herself into Propast with the memory of having "moved there". 

I don't know...according to her diary...

Dad wants me to join him in Mumbai. There's nothing for me in Casablanca. An empty apartment, painful memories. I can't stay here.

I think I will join Reza in Europolis. Why not? It'll be an adventure.

But again, her memory is not very reliable after a coma

#242 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:47

Maybe we'd better wait for clarification, but my understanding was that Zhid Banda meant that Propast that Zoe is in isn't real, or at least isn't in the same world as the one in which Zoe is comatose in Casablanca.  Whereas I think Zoe's dream is taking place in the same Stark where her body is, just a few thousand kilometers away.

#243 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 15:56

And then there's the whole "he wants to reshape reality" thing. If capturing dreams can reshape reality then that implies that there is no true reality. It's all dream. Unless, of course, there is a true reality and dreams merely affect it, rather than create it. :)

• Pawlo_86 and Nancy Brown like this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#244 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 January 2016 - 17:05

We learn in Dreamfall Chapters that universe is Lux's Dream. The First Dreamer dreamed The First Dream and created everything. In Dreamer Cycle The Dream is falling - Dreamfall.
  • Tiago likes this

#245 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 19:16

Yes, but does what Lux dreams become real? Does it attain corporeal-ness? ;) For example, if it becomes corporeal, perhaps Lux cannot then easily 'undream' it; make it non-corporeal. Not that he wouldn't be able to still affect it; just that he might not be able to make it like it never existed.

#246 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 19:27

The fact that Lux's being sick, and his possibility of dying, was threatening all of the Dream leads me to believe that it's only real so long as Lux Dreams it to be real. 

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#247 Vanya-illin

Vanya-illin

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 January 2016 - 19:28

My assumption is that when Zoe "woke up" at the beginning of Dreamfall Chapters, she had some memory holes and some memories that she didn't believe were real (of Arcadia), but no false memories. Appearing in Propast and "remembering" moving there would be a false memory. I figure that Propast, the place and people and events, all really happened. At the beginning of DFC, Zoe's attempt to awaken from the coma was half-way successful: she became aware and active in Stark, though as a "solid" projection like in Marcuria. I figure that her being in two places at once was being covered up: Wati, Reza and Gabriel all think that she is really awake and don't know that her comatose body is hidden away somewhere under observation. Falk works for whoever is responsible for the cover-up. (I wonder whether Zoe's IRIS hardware dropped on the couch with the Dreamer, when she phased out.)

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#248 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 19:32

But what's weird is that Lux has an actual body in Arcadia, so she's dreaming her own illness.  But maybe the real Lux is in storytime and she's just dreamed herself as a sleeping, sick person in Arcadia, kind of like Zoe dreaming herself in Propast?  After all, she had to exist before Arcadia in order to dream it up.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#249 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 19:35

@Vanay-ilin, now that I think about it, Zoe does talk a lot about memory holes.  Maybe she doesn't have a false memory of moving to Propast, what she has is a memory implanted and reinforced by not-Reza and Dr. Roman. Her journal entries could be forged. If she arrived in Propast in a confused and amnesiac state, she would have been quite susceptible to suggestion.

#250 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 19:36

I think that particular part of Arcadia is more a part of Storytime that actually part of Arcadia.  Or so I remember somebody describing it.

#251 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 19:45

I must have missed that.  It seems weird that you can walk from Arcadia into Storytime.  But maybe you have to be a Dreamer (or Crow) to do it. Or maybe Crow gets in because Zoe's presence opens the way?  If Zoe's dreaming ability enables her to effectively create bridges between Storytime and Arcadia (or Stark?), could that have been why Brian Westhouse helped her find her way? 

#252 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 20:39

Or it's possible that the lines between Storytime and the Dream aren't as well defined as we might think.  Kind of like when you wake up from a nightmare there's a moment when you think you're still dreaming.

#253 ZhidBanda

ZhidBanda

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 21:01

My assumption is that when Zoe "woke up" at the beginning of Dreamfall Chapters, she had some memory holes and some memories that she didn't believe were real (of Arcadia), but no false memories. Appearing in Propast and "remembering" moving there would be a false memory. I figure that Propast, the place and people and events, all really happened. At the beginning of DFC, Zoe's attempt to awaken from the coma was half-way successful: she became aware and active in Stark, though as a "solid" projection like in Marcuria. I figure that her being in two places at once was being covered up: Wati, Reza and Gabriel all think that she is really awake and don't know that her comatose body is hidden away somewhere under observation. Falk works for whoever is responsible for the cover-up. (I wonder whether Zoe's IRIS hardware dropped on the couch with the Dreamer, when she phased out.)

Actually, whoever is keeping her body made a room that looks like her hospital room, so Zoe beleives she woke up there, but her body is somewhere else. When she was underground and said she was fading I thought for a moment that it can be due to being at further range from her physical body...maybe not.

I really do think that Reza thinks that she is awake and amnesiac, and that he is monitoring her for WaTi, so if she remembers ha can report to The Eye and bye bye Zoe. So I think Falk and Zelenka are also monitoring her but also protecting her, meaning they know where her real body is.

Problem with that? Zoe has seen Reza visiting her and talking to her body from Storytime...so was he visiting Zoe in Casablanca or where the body is being kept? I mean it's possible, she was on drugs in the first four days and she could be moved...but...umm I dunno

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#254 devnl

devnl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 00:15

Was Zoe's body ever in Casablanca or was it already in this simulation room at the end of DF?

#255 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 00:22

Just to be clear, do we even know where the original room was? I don't recall it being mentioned, only that Zoe's mother put her there. IOW, she could still be in Casablanca, or Japan, or even Mumbai. Is there anything definitive about it?

• Ringtail and Pawlo_86 like this

#256 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1328 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:32

Just to be clear, do we even know where the original room was? I don't recall it being mentioned, only that Zoe's mother put her there. IOW, she could still be in Casablanca, or Japan, or even Mumbai. Is there anything definitive about it?

Right - we're never given the location of the hospital. Maybe Casablanca, maybe not.

#257 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:03

It would make sense to be there though. Her dad comes home and finds her in a coma, you would think he would take her to the nearest hospital.

#258 devnl

devnl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:53

It would make sense to be there though. Her dad comes home and finds her in a coma, you would think he would take her to the nearest hospital.

Would make sense, but we know the Rezathat is there is hiding something or at least Zoe knows. What if dad is in on it too at that point and Zoe just doesn't mention it because she doesn't know?

#259 ZhidBanda

ZhidBanda

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 15:07

Zoe talks in her diary about being nothing left for her in Casablanca, Reza visits her daily and she was connected to the Dream flower in Casablanca...but yeah it's only shown that it's a plae near a beach with palm trees...but it's not really important...she dreams herself where she recognizes as her room...

But my point is it would be really strange for her to wake up there and realize that her body is not following her, so her body must be somewhere else...

So the question would be if Reza and her father...are either part of the trick or they have also being tricked...

• tummy ooh aah likes this

#260 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 17:10

Presumably, she would wake up in the place where her body actually is located. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you mean?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zoe, Propast, April, Marcuria, Dreamer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users