269 replies to this topic

#221 Shumu

Shumu

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAether

Posted 29 December 2015 - 19:13

I think she's no longer in Kansas Casablanca, but the room for some reason "emulates" the room (and the view from the windows, etc) she was at the end of the first Dreamfall. Maybe it was already "fake" then or she was kidnapped/moved to that observation room later.

Hmmmm, I'm of 2 minds on this ;)  In Book 1 Zoe joins up with her younger, bitchy self and launches herself 'home'. I tend to think that's her launching a dream to another place, in this case Propast, so Propast could very well be real; it's just that she isn't physically there in the normal sense. I think it's much the same as when she dreams herself to Marcuria. We don't think of Marcuria as not real, but Zoe is there interacting with people and things.

OTOH, there are signs that Propast isn't real. It's certainly possible that Propast is a 'memory aid' designed to help Zoe come out of her coma.

As far as the room Zoe is in, I'm not sure there's any reason to think it's a different room from the one she was in in DF: TLJ. Did we ever see the wall of that room that's opposite the bed? Is there any way we could know that there's an observation window in that wall?

Hello everybody! I started reading the forum a couple of days ago. I am simply delighted and amazed what great ideas you people have!

From everything I've read so far, these two comments I've quoted made me so curious that I went back to DF to search for some things.

The hospital room at the end of DF, in Casablanca hasn't got the window on the wall opposite Zoe's bed, so this supports the idea that she may have been kidnapped and put into a room designed to emulate the one in Casablanca. I've added a few screenshots here.

I'm not sure about Propast not being real. It seems to make more sense that Zoe dreamed herself there, as other people have mentioned. But at the same this does not seem to be the case. Let's say Propast is real. As Zoe mentions in her diary, after her session with dr Zelenka, she moved to Propast because one week after waking up from the coma she started discussing with Reza about moving in together. She felt rootles, he was already settled there and working for The Hand. But what doesn't make sense is why the two of them hadn't discussed the events from before her coma, and why Reza in DFC seems so laid back. This makes me think that indeed, the events in Propast are something of Zoe's making, not an actual reality.

Attached Files

• Tiago, Pawlo_86 and the red of the kin like this

A solo is a story without words.

And Slash is king

#222 loranna238

loranna238

Vestrum Crier

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Between the Earth and the Sun

Posted 29 December 2015 - 23:47

Your question implies that someone in a coma is incapable of being aware of their surroundings, something that has come under more and more scrutiny in recent years.

I'm assuming their experience with Faith and interacting with her and her dreamer abilities taught them a few things.

#223 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:43

Im not sure that hospital room is located in Casablanca. It can be Mombai. And i agree that it can be some kind of faclity. I still think that Zoe dreamed herself into Propast (she meet so many characters) and she and Reza never talked about what happend during Dreamfall because their memories are lost.

About Faith...there is mysterious connection to April/Saga. Drawings, doll house etc.

• Oktalist likes this

#224 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1328 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 30 December 2015 - 16:33

Im not sure that hospital room is located in Casablanca. It can be Mombai. And i agree that it can be some kind of faclity.

The facility where Zoe was being held could also be in Propast. Don't forget -there's a WATI building in town (the one with the big "W" sign, near one of the big staircases). I'd love for her to be in Casablanca or elsewhere in Stark, but suspect she might not be.

#225 Tiago

Tiago

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo, Brazil

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:45

Hello everybody! I started reading the forum a couple of days ago. I am simply delighted and amazed what great ideas you people have!

From everything I've read so far, these two comments I've quoted made me so curious that I went back to DF to search for some things.

The hospital room at the end of DF, in Casablanca hasn't got the window on the wall opposite Zoe's bed, so this supports the idea that she may have been kidnapped and put into a room designed to emulate the one in Casablanca. I've added a few screenshots here.

I'm not sure about Propast not being real. It seems to make more sense that Zoe dreamed herself there, as other people have mentioned. But at the same this does not seem to be the case. Let's say Propast is real. As Zoe mentions in her diary, after her session with dr Zelenka, she moved to Propast because one week after waking up from the coma she started discussing with Reza about moving in together. She felt rootles, he was already settled there and working for The Hand. But what doesn't make sense is why the two of them hadn't discussed the events from before her coma, and why Reza in DFC seems so laid back. This makes me think that indeed, the events in Propast are something of Zoe's making, not an actual reality.

Welcome!

And that's a really good catch, I didn't remember about the hospital room in the original Dreamfall. It really doesn't have that observation window, which strongly suggests that she was moved from there. Congrats for spotting it :)

• Shumu likes this

نDo4gzZF.png

#226 Nodachi

Nodachi

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 17:10

I am reminded of when people were upset that Mira was so disrespectful of Wit and his autism. I think Ragnar had a good response, and my son is on the spectrum.

http://www.pcgamesn....xist-in-fiction

Wait, does Wit actually have autism? Because it never occured to me. I always thought it's just his nature.

"Ah, the internal monologue. True mark of the distinguished adventure gamer." -- Flo

I want to believe :crow:

#227 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 January 2016 - 21:37

Wait, does Wit actually have autism? Because it never occured to me. I always thought it's just his nature.

Mira says something along the lines off "I bet you've been faking your autism too" or something, but of course she's not the most reliable of narrators.
  • Nodachi likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#228 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 21:39

of course she's not the most reliable of narrators.

Gets my vote for biggest understatement of the week! :D

• the red of the kin likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#229 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 02 January 2016 - 23:38

Coincidence: I was just talking about this on Steam. I'm not a big fan of how Zoe doesn't try to act on how Mira's being abusive towards Wit. Regardless of how autistic he is or isn't, what she's doing is not right. I know Zoe is her own character and I cannot define her...but I can't help but not liking her for being so spineless :-/

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#230 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:30

The only issue with that is that Mira is like that with everyone. In a way, not acting like that toward Wit would be its own kind of reverse discrimination. Basically, she treats him the way she treats everyone else.

#231 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:05

The only issue with that is that Mira is like that with everyone. In a way, not acting like that toward Wit would be its own kind of reverse discrimination. Basically, she treats him the way she treats everyone else.

hmmmm there's a difference between calling someone "petal" or "retard". It's true she's abusive with everyone but I'd say she's got "special treatment" for Wit...I think it would actually make sense if she wouldnt treat him bad because she considers him family.

...besides: there is no "everybondy" except Zoe and Wit...and maybe Hannah?

I guess, as we were saying on Steam, there are people that are just like that! They are abusive jerks. Many of them, like Mira, might not even mean it in a negative way: it's just their way of communicating. What can you do?

Well Zoe doesn't do a thing, that's for sure :D

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#232 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 19:11

Often, for people like Mira, family members are the ones that receive the worst treatment....

• the red of the kin likes this

#233 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:54

I'm sure everything in Propast happened for real, Zoe just dreamed herself into it.

#234 ZhidBanda

ZhidBanda

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:57

What I don't get is...

Zoe is helping people in Storytime and then decides to go back to...her bedroom in Casablanca where her body is? And then moved to Propast with Reza...

But she thinks she has woken up from the coma...so what has really happened?? Because we learn that she is just a projection, because her whole body disappears when she dreams herself to Arcadia, and that her body is kept somewhere else as it is shown in a cutscene.

Maybe she dreams herself to her bedroom but her body isn't kept there, but then we would have her projection in storytime, her projection in Casablanca and her real body...

If she dreams herself where her commatose body is...doesn't she realize her body is still in bed, but she is walking around?

I am probably overthinking this...

#235 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:07

Definitely overthinking it ;) However, I think the answer is that we just don't know. Book 5 is what everyone is hoping will clear it all up.

#236 ZhidBanda

ZhidBanda

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:29

Definitely overthinking it ;) However, I think the answer is that we just don't know. Book 5 is what everyone is hoping will clear it all up.

Yep, however it makes more sense that Storytime, Casablanca and wherever she wakes up are different...realities? worlds? So she didn't wake up in the same reality as where her body is kept...it can be a dreamed reality [hello Inception] or an artificial reality created by her lovely mother [hello Matrix].

Just pointing that it would be unlikely that her body and her projection were in the same reality without her noticing...[hello Sixth Sense]

#237 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:45

I don't think she dreamed herself into her room in Casablanca.  I think she dreamed herself into Propast with the memory of having "moved there". 

#238 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:52

Yep, however it makes more sense that Storytime, Casablanca and wherever she wakes up are different...realities? worlds? So she didn't wake up in the same reality as where her body is kept...it can be a dreamed reality [hello Inception] or an artificial reality created by her lovely mother [hello Matrix].

Just pointing that it would be unlikely that her body and her projection were in the same reality without her noticing...[hello Sixth Sense]

I don't think she dreamed herself into her room in Casablanca.  I think she dreamed herself into Propast with the memory of having "moved there". 

You guys are saying the same thing, basically.

#239 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:10

No we're not.  ZhidBanda is saying the same thing as you.  I'm saying her projection was in a different city than her body, not a different reality.

#240 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:19

I'm not sure I understand the difference. If I read the posts correctly, they both say she did not wake up where her body is located.

If that's the case, her waking up is really a dream (of some kind). If she's really dreaming that she woke up in Propast, doesn't that mean it's a different reality for her (different from where her body is)? If that's true, then isn't Propast a different reality for her?

I'm feeling I've explained that badly, but I'm not sure how to clarify it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zoe, Propast, April, Marcuria, Dreamer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users